Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Archetype is fun -> Devs try to push it -> They go too far and archetype is now no longer fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
There's always been incredible stupid bullshit that comes with every set but it always comes down to frequency and reliability. If it's a one in a million chance? You know what, gg opponent, that was cool (ugh complete BS). But when it's so easy to combo together, and it can happen on turn 2, and you see it every 3rd game? That's not okay.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Firebert posted:

Just rotate gnoll early, gently caress shaman and phylactery warlock

Make Gnoll's base cost 11, that would hit both decks

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

No Wave posted:

Archetype is fun -> Devs try to push it -> They go too far and archetype is now no longer fun.

I was mentally writing up a post on this, but you summarized it there. I'll just add in a couple supplementary notes.

1. Nut draws should be rare and interesting for both players when made. Making it reasonably common to get a powerful 10-cost minion out on turn 3 isn't fun to play against. I guess it could be fun for the person doing it, but if it's common and easy enough, they'll have it done against them too.

2. While watching big, interesting things happen is a cornerstone of Hearthstone, it does feel like they push it too far to make them happen earlier and more often. I know that they want to keep things interesting and fresh, but this also can make things feel too swingy and annoying for many players. I'm not sure what the best way to go about keeping things interesting while minimizing swing is myself, but it definitely doesn't feel as fun.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

GTO posted:

Yeah that's the ticket. Gotta say having played evolve shaman exclusively for the last 6 weeks it feels very broken right now, I'm on a 6 game streak at d4 currently. Wonder if they'll hotfix it or wait for a patch. The fix would maybe to make a vanilla 8/8 that costs 11 and 12 mana so you can't evolve the gnoll so ridiculously.

I stopped playing for a little while after Nathria and the game apparently completely reset my MMR and gave me the full "new player experience" so I'm midway through Gold ranks summoning turn 3 Neptulons against people playing Tar Creeper, it's disgusting. Just got the 12 win streak achievement, I almost feel bad about it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I was mentally writing up a post on this, but you summarized it there. I'll just add in a couple supplementary notes.

1. Nut draws should be rare and interesting for both players when made. Making it reasonably common to get a powerful 10-cost minion out on turn 3 isn't fun to play against. I guess it could be fun for the person doing it, but if it's common and easy enough, they'll have it done against them too.

2. While watching big, interesting things happen is a cornerstone of Hearthstone, it does feel like they push it too far to make them happen earlier and more often. I know that they want to keep things interesting and fresh, but this also can make things feel too swingy and annoying for many players. I'm not sure what the best way to go about keeping things interesting while minimizing swing is myself, but it definitely doesn't feel as fun.

At the very least, nut draws should not be so powerful. So many powerful plays in modern hearthstone create situations where there is nearly zero counterplay for most decks and the game is decided on the spot, whether it is rogue equipping a 10+ attack weapon or priest making a 20 hp taunt on turn 4. My opponent summoning a Neptulon or even an 8/8 rush with windfury on turn 2 with coin which effectively ends the game is not very fun or interesting game design!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
well this was fun

it did take about 10 turns between me and Teron to actually finish the game though

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Make Blazing Transmutation scale with spell power.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

goferchan posted:

I stopped playing for a little while after Nathria and the game apparently completely reset my MMR and gave me the full "new player experience" so I'm midway through Gold ranks summoning turn 3 Neptulons against people playing Tar Creeper, it's disgusting. Just got the 12 win streak achievement, I almost feel bad about it

That was my run from d4 to top of d1. The death was the legend promo game, I finished the run this morning with a turn 5 thaddius and glugg against an aggro druid. Easiest legend ever.

### Evolve Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Blazing Transmutation
# 2x (1) Convincing Disguise
# 2x (1) Muck Pools
# 2x (1) Schooling
# 2x (1) Windchill
# 2x (2) Carving Chisel
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Primordial Wave
# 2x (4) Prescience
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Command of Neptulon
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 2x (6) Tiny Toys
# 1x (7) Glugg the Gulper
# 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAdL8BQTg5QPDkQTptgS/zgQN4/YDxvkD3JIE4LUExs4EhdQEqtkEr9kEtdkEttkE8t0EhqEF6KMFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

avantgardener fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 18, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hate schooling so loving much as a card

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I must be terrible, because I’ve played three games so far, got a Turn 2/3 evolve each time, and had it deleted each time by the amount of removal knocking about, then just gone on a downward trajectory on hand disadvantage. (Even Hunter managed it via Devouring Swarm)

Not saying it’s not good (It patently is) but I seem to have either gotten wildly unlucky or I’m missing something fundamental. (Which seems impossible with how linear it is!)

GTO posted:

That was my run from d4 to top of d1. The death was the legend promo game, I finished the run this morning with a turn 5 thaddius and glugg against an aggro druid. Easiest legend ever.

### Evolve Shaman
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Blazing Transmutation
# 2x (1) Convincing Disguise
# 2x (1) Muck Pools
# 2x (1) Schooling
# 2x (1) Windchill
# 2x (2) Carving Chisel
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Primordial Wave
# 2x (4) Prescience
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Command of Neptulon
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 2x (6) Tiny Toys
# 1x (7) Glugg the Gulper
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
#
AAECAdL8BQTg5QPDkQTptgS/zgQN4/YDxvkD3JIE4LUExs4EhdQEqtkEr9kEtdkEttkE8t0EhqEF6KMFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Shockeh posted:

I must be terrible, because I’ve played three games so far, got a Turn 2/3 evolve each time, and had it deleted each time by the amount of removal knocking about, then just gone on a downward trajectory on hand disadvantage. (Even Hunter managed it via Devouring Swarm)

Not saying it’s not good (It patently is) but I seem to have either gotten wildly unlucky or I’m missing something fundamental. (Which seems impossible with how linear it is!)

If you have gnoll, piranhas and the targeted evolution with the coin then you can bust out thaddius or an 8/8 minimum turn 2 and win the game there. Thats possible but unlikely. Other than that early play you're aiming for a wider board to win with.

In the mulligan I keep presceince, piranhas and the weapon to deal with aggro and gnoll. Keep the targeted evolution and location especially if you have piranhas and / or gnoll, possibly not in isolation especially against aggro.

Prescience is a 100% keep so you have a reliable big minion to drop t5. Farsight and windchill are mainly there to cycle your deck so you have something big for t4 or 5. I keep windchill against shaman in case they get a big early minion out.

Probably the most common winning play is to drop voljin t5 with a weapon equipped to get the totem to swap (assuming they just cleared your board) and having already played any gnolls and piranhas so you can guarantee putting Neptulon or glugg on the board.

Often they have used their removal by then clearing the gnoll and other stuff, maybe they clear your t5 too but then you probably have glugg in hand or tiny toys plus a powered up convincing disguise by then for a t7 that they can't answer.

I almost never play gnoll unless I can evolve it, same with tiny toys, you need to maximise the value from the evolution.

It took me a while to tune into the synergy between glugg and rush minions. If you can keep glugg on board for a turn you usually win. If they put down minions, you can play your elementals and piranhas to boost glugg massively and get lethal from that.

Most of the lethals come from Bloodlust giving huge burst as you often have 3+ minions on board. I won a few games just from them not clearing piranhas and forgetting about Bloodlust especially it you discount it with farsight. You get a lot of concedes though.

You have more evolves in the deck than minions so don't be afraid to use them. T1 location then T2 hero power and evolve is a solid play and often surprisingly good vs early aggro.

The evolve yours / devolve theirs card is your main defence against some of the big boards Death Knight and a few others can produce.

I think the reason the deck is so powerful is that by t5 you almost always have the cards to do some thing really powerful. And usually enough to keep it rolling for another 3 or 4 turns before you run out of steam.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I got bored with Shaman and checked out aggro undead Priest and this actually seems like a real deck? I think I'm still in the matchmaking kiddie pool though.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

goferchan posted:

I got bored with Shaman and checked out aggro undead Priest and this actually seems like a real deck? I think I'm still in the matchmaking kiddie pool though.

It's a real deck but it doesn't matchup very well vs. the two most popular decks on ladder right now, shaman and aggro dk. After the nerfs to Gnoll/evolve and Construct quarter, it has a chance to be tier 1. It's a very fun deck to play as well!

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I usually just go for wild legend but evolve shaman is stupid busted so I went for it in standard :toot:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I just discovered a sweet interaction:
If you have a Thaddius on even polarity and a Tamsin, you can cast a shadow spell infinite times for 1 mana each. Basically her spell copy cost 0, but because of Thaddius it costs 1, and since it costs 1, she gives you another copy.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Chernabog posted:

I just discovered a sweet interaction:
If you have a Thaddius on even polarity and a Tamsin, you can cast a shadow spell infinite times for 1 mana each. Basically her spell copy cost 0, but because of Thaddius it costs 1, and since it costs 1, she gives you another copy.

Reminds me of the convoluted combo MarkMcKz did (who else?) that did pretty much the same thing - basically, he gifted a Cult Neophyte to his opponent, who played it, and he used Tamsin to supercharge a boar with infinite casts of Power Overwhelming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSj539LKtzQ

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
This Frost/Aggro DK deck that was highlighted on the VS podcast is super fun: https://twitter.com/FenoHS/status/1626314458820751361?t=gOCsMt0r0oy7kibgXlEn2g&s=19

Word is it seems to be blowing up in popularity so I'm trying to get some wins in before everyone else starts playing it. I'm only 4-3 with it so far but it has a 67% winrate on hsreplay and is very fun to play. I had one loss to a mirror, one to a very bad draw and one to a major misplay so it feels a lot stronger than my record for sure.

Edit: made it to D5 after a 6-win streak, 10-4 record with the deck.

Highlight: discovering two Frost Queen Sindragosas, then after the opponent Shaman couldn't clear the second one, using Frost Wyrms Furies to repeatedly clear his board with the freeze effect.

victorious fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 20, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

victorious posted:

This Frost/Aggro DK deck that was highlighted on the VS podcast is super fun: https://twitter.com/FenoHS/status/1626314458820751361?t=gOCsMt0r0oy7kibgXlEn2g&s=19

Word is it seems to be blowing up in popularity so I'm trying to get some wins in before everyone else starts playing it. I'm only 4-3 with it so far but it has a 67% winrate on hsreplay and is very fun to play. I had one loss to a mirror, one to a very bad draw and one to a major misplay so it feels a lot stronger than my record for sure.

Highlight: discovering two Frost Queen Sindragosas, then after the opponent Shaman couldn't clear the second one, using Frost Wyrms Furies to repeatedly clear his board with the freeze effect.

It’s a very fun and good deck and I hope it’s still around after Construct Quarter gets nerfed

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Well I'm trapped in a room in the basement of my parent's place because I came down with COVID as I was visiting them on the holiday weekend and out of complete boredom I tried playing hearthstone on my phone.. what a loving mistake that was. The game is unplayable on a phone. Shouldn't surprise me with the way blizzard is but it's a real pisser when you try to play a card and the one to it's left or right goes shooting out instead. I guess my fingers are probably too fat to play on a touch screen interface. Blew a 7-0 start on an arena run on this bullshit.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

victorious posted:

I farmed the poo poo out of this deck with Blood DK climbing to Legend. All my losses to DKs were in the mirror or unlucky draws vs. Unholy.

Construct Quarter is a dumb card. I was actually the beatdown vs. a Shadow Priest of all things one game lol.

### Blood Death Knight
# Class: Death Knight
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Body Bagger
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Hematurge
# 2x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 2x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Construct Quarter
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (4) Death Strike
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Blood Boil
# 2x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 2x (5) Famished Fool
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 2x (8) Soulstealer
#
AAECAfHhBAjlsASY1AT04wSJ5gSX7wSk7wSE9gTipAUQlrcEssEEm9QE/eMEieQElOQEj+0EvPAEh/YEsvcEs/cEtvoEq4AFoJkFopkFnqoFAA==
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/dEZjVJohDdhUDMtzp2Tm5f/

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Managed to pull the first new baron deathrattle replacement guy off of the cat's hero power, and was already going frogleaper so it worked really well. I dont think I've seen numbers this high in battlegrounds before. I was really hoping to see the undead horse get reborn huge but it never died :/

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I do like how 3-4 cards have turned certain decks into absolute monsters while other decks got a few scraps.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Speaking of Construct Quarter, here's an updated Reno DK:

### hahaha gently caress off
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Body Bagger
# 1x (1) Heart Strike
# 1x (1) Noxious Cadaver
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Hematurge
# 1x (2) Obliterate
# 1x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 1x (3) Construct Quarter
# 1x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Death Strike
# 1x (5) Blood Boil
# 1x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 1x (5) Deathbringer Saurfang
# 1x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Boneguard Commander
# 1x (8) Soulstealer
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAfHhBCi5sgLfxAL8owORsQOPzgOW6AOm7wPQ+QOoigSljQSlrQTlsATHsgTp0ASW1ASY1ASa1AS42QT04wT84wT94wSJ5ASU5ASJ5gSx5gS05gSP7QSX7wSk7wSE9gSH9gSy9wSz9wS+9wS2+gSrgAWogQWimQXipAWeqgUAAA==
#

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Fun little bug for those of you playing duels: If you're playing as scarlet, you get healed for any corpse you OR your opponent spend. Makes those matches an even bigger slog :v:

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 21, 2023

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Disargeria posted:

I do like how 3-4 cards have turned certain decks into absolute monsters while other decks got a few scraps.

My boy Warrior in shambles, too bad they never did create a way to smoothen Enrage Warrior out (praying for Bloodsworn Mercenary in core next year).

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I have got to say - I am a fan of the new Aggro Frost DK. Not because I am playing it, but my main deck being Quest Priest lines up so well against it. I had tweaked my Quest Priest deck to be super anti-aggro when Unholy DK was blowing up, and I wasn't a fan of some of the Zetalot list - SW Ruin is a pretty useless card, and has been since I returned to the game just before the expansion came out. Other than Evolve Shaman, no one really builds a board full of 5 attack+ minions, and you already have Clean the Scene that can hit up to 6 attack, Lightbomb, and Whirlpool. The Light it Burns can hit 1 big minion, or Cannibalize is perfect since it heals and is a shadow spell to make Lightmaw more likely to be active. Not a fan of Amulet of the Undying either. 2 Spirit Guide was too much since you often have a pretty full hand, and could end up overdrawing if you play it. 2 Cathedrals was too much as well since its often a do nothing on turn 3 . Leper should be replaced by Doomsayer, but I like the flavor of the card.

Deck does well against Evolve Shaman, and all 3 DK variants. Ping Mage, and the exceedingly rare Ramp Druid tend to be hugely unfavored games

### Custom Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Desperate Prayer
# 1x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 1x (1) Seek Guidance
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 1x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 1x (2) Defias Leper
# 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 1x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Entrapped Sorceress
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (4) Cannibalize
# 2x (4) Lightmaw Netherdrake
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 2x (5) Clean the Scene
# 2x (5) Shadow Word: Undeath
# 1x (5) Spirit Guide
# 2x (6) Lightbomb
# 2x (6) Lightshower Elemental
# 1x (7) Blackwater Behemoth
# 2x (8) Whirlpool
# 1x (8) Xyrella, the Devout
#
AAECAZ/HAg6Z6wPU7QOm7wPd9gONgQToiwSIowSKowSotgS42QT52wSX7wSGgwXipAUNmusDzfIDh/cDrYoE1KwEobYElrcEutwEkt8E7pEFopkFhqQF4KQFAA==
#

TyrantWD fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 22, 2023

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

TyrantWD posted:

I have got to say - I am a fan of the new Aggro Frost DK. Not because I am playing it, but my main deck being Quest Priest lines up so well against it.

Wow, you weren't kidding. In my very first game I bodied an aggro DK so hard I almost felt bad for him. Thanks!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Ping Mage works OK RN and its fun to play. I do some spice with the discover discounted cards-cards but the deck is probably optimised against aggro and evolve right now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Maybe it's just on account of skipping the expansion until the miniset dropped, so everything seems pretty fresh, but this is the most fun I've had playing Standard in quite some time. Lots of decks to play, all of them pretty viable, and it was cheap as hell to have like 3 different viable DK decks right out of the box. And there are several decks within crafting reach that I haven't even had time to try yet. Are Mine/Phylactery Warlock fun? They seem to post respectable win rates but I never see them on ladder

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
This was a novel way to be strong in the midgame

Barely took any damage just leveling every turn

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Feels like control warrior is just a few cards away from actually being competitive again. But, right now it keeps falling just short. Hovering just under 50% wr with this list

hookfist3k is insanely strong

### Copetrol Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Provoke
# 1x (1) Shield Slam
# 1x (2) Forged in Flame
# 2x (2) Frozen Buckler
# 1x (3) Asvedon, the Grandshield
# 2x (3) Heavy Plate
# 2x (3) Hookfist-3000
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (3) Weapons Expert
# 2x (4) From the Depths
# 2x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 1x (6) Captain Galvangar
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
# 2x (10) Shield Shatter
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAc/8BQqm7wO8igSJoASKpQTlsASLtwS42QSm7wTMkgXipAUKju0DxvUD+IAE+YwE+owEiKAEjLcEjtQEnO8EpKUFAA==
#

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 23, 2023

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

goferchan posted:

Maybe it's just on account of skipping the expansion until the miniset dropped, so everything seems pretty fresh, but this is the most fun I've had playing Standard in quite some time. Lots of decks to play, all of them pretty viable, and it was cheap as hell to have like 3 different viable DK decks right out of the box. And there are several decks within crafting reach that I haven't even had time to try yet. Are Mine/Phylactery Warlock fun? They seem to post respectable win rates but I never see them on ladder

Phylactery warlock is a solitaire deck. You just heal and board clear until you draw your combo pieces.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

I was already going to win this game, but 2nd and 3rd was also pirates so I had a little fun instead of going full apm

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I've been working on this Wild deck, it actually performs fairly well in Casual Wild. Any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated:

### Jungle Giants
# Class: Druid
#
# 1x (1) Jungle Giants
# 2x (2) Incorporeal Corporal
# 2x (2) Living Seed (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Stockades Prisoner
# 2x (3) Elder Longneck
# 1x (3) King Mukla
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 2x (5) Twilight Runner
# 2x (5) Verdant Longneck
# 2x (7) Ancient of Lore
# 1x (7) Colaque
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Varian, King of Stormwind
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (10) Colossus of the Moon
# 1x (10) Lokholar the Ice Lord
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
# 2x (10) Stoneborn General
#
AAEBAaa4AwzFBJ0N+g6LwQLCzgLfqQPZ+QOwigTvpASgsAS/zgTp0AQJi8AC/sAC87sD3tEDtuwD1fkDg9QErO0E1PEEAA==
#

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I've been working on this Wild deck, it actually performs fairly well in Casual Wild. Any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated:

### Jungle Giants
# Class: Druid
#
# 1x (1) Jungle Giants
# 2x (2) Incorporeal Corporal
# 2x (2) Living Seed (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Stockades Prisoner
# 2x (3) Elder Longneck
# 1x (3) King Mukla
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 2x (5) Twilight Runner
# 2x (5) Verdant Longneck
# 2x (7) Ancient of Lore
# 1x (7) Colaque
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Varian, King of Stormwind
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (10) Colossus of the Moon
# 1x (10) Lokholar the Ice Lord
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
# 2x (10) Stoneborn General
#
AAEBAaa4AwzFBJ0N+g6LwQLCzgLfqQPZ+QOwigTvpASgsAS/zgTp0AQJi8AC/sAC87sD3tEDtuwD1fkDg9QErO0E1PEEAA==
#

If you are playing Jungle giants I think Cursed Disciple is an absolute must. I also like Injured Marauder and Oaken Summons along with those. Why not Guff? It's probably the best druid card ever.
I also bolded some cards I don't really like with better options out there. For 10 mana you should get an Onyxia in there.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
While waiting for nerfs I decided to find something to do with Radiance of Azshara. Turns out Burn Shaman might be good, and it's definitely fun.

Not optimized, but if you survive to the midgame you can chain freeze, then bio a board and ship a lot of burn. Bolner might be a cut to replace with bloodlust since you can go wide with Chomper. Managing spells in hand to hit bio with bracing cold has felt like a trap. And going snowfall into cold storage into snowfall next turn feels really scummy.

### Burn Shaman
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Cold Storage
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Scalding Geyser
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 2x (2) Bracing Cold
# 2x (2) Frostbite
# 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
# 2x (3) Bioluminescence
# 2x (3) Brilliant Macaw
# 1x (3) Cookie the Cook
# 2x (3) Frostfin Chomper
# 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
# 1x (3) Radiance of Azshara
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (6) Snowfall Guardian
#
AAECAfe5AgSG+gOkgQTDkQTntQQN4+4D04AEqIEEuZEE+ZEElZIE+Z8ExKwE/LQEvLYElrcE5qMF6aMFAA==
#

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

fanny packrat posted:

While waiting for nerfs I decided to find something to do with Radiance of Azshara. Turns out Burn Shaman might be good, and it's definitely fun.

Not optimized, but if you survive to the midgame you can chain freeze, then bio a board and ship a lot of burn. Bolner might be a cut to replace with bloodlust since you can go wide with Chomper. Managing spells in hand to hit bio with bracing cold has felt like a trap. And going snowfall into cold storage into snowfall next turn feels really scummy.

### Burn Shaman
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Cold Storage
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Scalding Geyser
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 2x (2) Bracing Cold
# 2x (2) Frostbite
# 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
# 2x (3) Bioluminescence
# 2x (3) Brilliant Macaw
# 1x (3) Cookie the Cook
# 2x (3) Frostfin Chomper
# 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
# 1x (3) Radiance of Azshara
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (6) Snowfall Guardian
#
AAECAfe5AgSG+gOkgQTDkQTntQQN4+4D04AEqIEEuZEE+ZEElZIE+Z8ExKwE/LQEvLYElrcE5qMF6aMFAA==
#

Needs Krag’wa so you can infinite chain with cold storage

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Hmm, and it gives burn reload. Interesting idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Wow the Tavern Brawl this week is really a coin flip. If you go first, you win!