Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The series clear EMS are "loosies" in the Music menu

I know, but the EMS bonus track isn't Lenna's theme, in fact there doesn't appear to be any Lenna's theme at all! Genuinely feels like a huge oversight to me, I never would have considered that it was left off the playlist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm petitioning for a season 3 of DLC with all the Final Fantasy tracks I want but didn't get.

Such as Ship Graveyard from FFV and The Turks Theme from FFVII.

Yes I can listen to any of these at any time on Spotify or YouTube. But I wanna click buttons with em!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I haven't really had time to play any more theatrhythm yet, but do the double analogue controls ever do things like 86 or 24? In numpad notation if that makes sense. Thinking through custom controller stuff

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I haven't really had time to play any more theatrhythm yet, but do the double analogue controls ever do things like 86 or 24? In numpad notation if that makes sense. Thinking through custom controller stuff

Yes and it's really confusing when they do

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sorry, they've decreed that the only relevant song from FFV is Battle on the Big Bridge.

Even the Digital Deluxe Edition adds, for FFV... BotBB (Modulation Version).

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

No Dignity posted:

Yes and it's really confusing when they do

Hmm... that's really unfortunate because it means I do actually need two separate analog inputs. I was thinking it might not actually care which stick does which direction, and as an extension might not care if I "technically" input back and forward on the same stick

In that case my existing PCB doesn't work, I'll need to see if anyone produces a PCB that has two separate analog stick inputs. I think some of the smash compatible sticks do exactly that come to think of it.. but then I'm getting into buying a whole new controller to hack apart. If only I still had my drifting joycons to disassemble

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The series missions where bosses have inflated hp pools are rough enough, but even more when they resist elements. Might have to revisit Eald'narche later.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Shadowbringers regular boss theme being missing seems like a weird one since I thought that was p popular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHUcCQ65mg

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Hmm... that's really unfortunate because it means I do actually need two separate analog inputs. I was thinking it might not actually care which stick does which direction, and as an extension might not care if I "technically" input back and forward on the same stick

It definitely doesn't care which stick does which direction (a sequence like <--> -><- <--> is mechanically identical to <--> <--> <-->, you don't actually need to switch directions).

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Zurtilik posted:

I'm petitioning for a season 3 of DLC with all the Final Fantasy tracks I want but didn't get.

Such as Ship Graveyard from FFV and The Turks Theme from FFVII.

Yes I can listen to any of these at any time on Spotify or YouTube. But I wanna click buttons with em!

I just started playing FFXV for the first time the other day and I was surprised to see that the FF series radio songs in that seem to be an almost 1:1 match to the Final Bar Line track list (with the notable exception of FFXIV, for obvious reasons). It seems that Square have long since decided what the official representative tracks are for each game and aren't really interested in going beyond that. If that's the case I doubt they'll be adding any more songs from the mainline series.

e; From the pre XIV mainline series, I should clarify

Bland fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 22, 2023

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
There's a 8-song DLC pack in November but that might be for FFXVI.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

VII Remake has a new EMS as well, along with XV.

I'm going to level up Ace/Noctis/Yuna/Rydia next. Getting levels is kinda annoying as I'm running out of things to play casually but we'll get there.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Help Im Alive posted:

The Shadowbringers regular boss theme being missing seems like a weird one since I thought that was p popular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHUcCQ65mg

This and Maker's Ruin were songs I'd want in, easily.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Revenge Twofold and Insatiable are huge omissions for sure. I kind of wish they put Insanity in the game just because that chart would be absolutely bonkers, as well.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My list of criminally missing songs:

Due Recompense (7R)
Besaid Island (X)
Test of the l'Cie (XIII)
Limit Break (XIII-2)
Return to Oblivion (XIV)
Sophie the Freelancer (Mobius)

Probably a whole lot more to list but this is what I can think of immediately anyways.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Return to Oblivion is also amazing and should be in the game. Surprised The Legendary Beast isn't, while we're at it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I have been running themed parties (i.e. Cloud in FF7, not FF8) am I hamstringing for no benefit?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

To The Edge, that's another ffxiv I'd love to have in.

djfooboo posted:

I have been running themed parties (i.e. Cloud in FF7, not FF8) am I hamstringing for no benefit?

Minor Rhythmia bonus

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ahh did it, triple rainbow summon

edit well i tried to send it out in some multi battles and its just spamming connection errors at me

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 22, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Arist posted:

Return to Oblivion is also amazing and should be in the game. Surprised The Legendary Beast isn't, while we're at it.

Both Stormblood and Shadowbringers both got pretty barebones song lists tbh. ARR and Heavensward have way more songs because they’re carried over from Curtain Call and All Star Carnival

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm satisfied with most of the songs in the base game (missing a few of the vocal tracks that got moved to DLC, but ah well). Maybe Under Her Control from FFVIII and Dagguero from FFIX.

Definitely want more XIV, and I'm already saying that the Octopath pack next month is missing a few songs, but otherwise I'm good.

djfooboo posted:

Several realms do have some synergy within, like XI/XIV, which helps a bit.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

Definitely want more XIV, and I'm already saying that the Octopath pack next month is missing a few songs, but otherwise I'm good.

Feel the same about TWEWY. Scramble seems perfect

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The main thing about TWEWY is that Breaking Free is in there and that was the one song I needed from it, so I'm satisfied.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Yeah, it's one of my favorite tracks and I'm glad those three from NEO got in. I was worried we'd get Storm

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I've played FFVIII through a couple times but I don't remember Ultimecia at all. Her character, anything she says, it's just all blank. Everything after Lunatic Pandora is kind of a blur. I remember Ultimecia Castle. But it's like she just wasn't in the game at all or something.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

time kompressed your brain

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I kan't believe you kan remember nothing about Ultimecia.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heran Bago posted:

I've played FFVIII through a couple times but I don't remember Ultimecia at all. Her character, anything she says, it's just all blank. Everything after Lunatic Pandora is kind of a blur. I remember Ultimecia Castle. But it's like she just wasn't in the game at all or something.

she isn’t mentioned until immediately before lunatic pandora so that’s probably why

ultimecia is (arguably) present for much of the game since she’s body-surfing from edea to rinoa until the final act but she isn’t much of a character in herself

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Oxxidation posted:

she isn’t mentioned until immediately before lunatic pandora so that’s probably why

ultimecia is (arguably) present for much of the game since she’s body-surfing from edea to rinoa until the final act but she isn’t much of a character in herself

She's actually mentioned at the start of Disc 3 when they talk to the sane Edea (sanedea?).

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

That wasn't Adel?

Guess it's time to card bugs on a beach for a few hours.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

In that case my existing PCB doesn't work, I'll need to see if anyone produces a PCB that has two separate analog stick inputs. I think some of the smash compatible sticks do exactly that come to think of it.. but then I'm getting into buying a whole new controller to hack apart. If only I still had my drifting joycons to disassemble

How would your PCB input multiple directions on the same stick? The Switch receives X and Y axes as single bytes each, 0-255, so a full left plus full right would return 127 (neutral) X, same for full up/full down as Y. Presumably the game is doing some conversion to polar coordinates from the values it gets to then get which direction is pressed, but at a hardware level you can't control that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

It's only Expert but still, I feel proud of this one, especially on my first attempt!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Now that the dust has settled on ff15 is it worth playing at all? How much is included in the Royal edition you can grab for free with psplus?

...am I gonna need to watch Kingsglaive and the anime?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

royal edition is everything except the last dlc i think which is unnecessary. its pretty good now, kingsglaive is also pretty good

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
In 'songs I didn't realize were super long', why is Full Speed Ahead like almost 4 minutes long, it just kept going.

Zaggitz posted:

Now that the dust has settled on ff15 is it worth playing at all? How much is included in the Royal edition you can grab for free with psplus?

Honestly I have a soft spot for FFXV. The actual plotline is kinda whatever, but there's a good chunk of fun doing the whole camping road trip. They do a good job of making the world very explorable, and the music is great.

Kingsglaive and Brotherhood are pretty optional, though it helps with worldbuilding; honestly you could read up on a synopsis and that'd cover it. Maybe wait til you hit Chapter 3 before you watch Kingsglaive.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 22, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

It is firmly meh. It has some good moments but a lot of cruft and the combat system is the goofus to FF7R's Gallant

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The most important parts of Kingsglaive are included in the game itself now. It's mostly unnecessary after those inclusions and watching it made me angry that blinkstrike wasn't better used as a mobility ability in the game but it's entertaining enough if you pick up what FF15 tries to put down.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
I really want the Distant Worlds version of A Place to Call Home.

https://youtu.be/hskl2dTHYdk

But I haven’t seen any distant worlds stuff as far as I can tell.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
FF15 is much greater than the sum of it's parts. there are so many things in it that are kinda poo poo, but the whole thing just works, at least for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do not know if this has been mentioned, but apparently square is aware of the Black Screen of Death bug.

https://twitter.com/tfbl_pr/status/1628273425621073925?s=20

Also, is Mystic Quest worth playing? Because these tracks kind of slap.