Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I have played so much of those games over the years and never knew that mask thing. Maybe because I never owned World Tour and only played it at friends’ houses, my first one I owned was Revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Shard posted:

those neck cranks were the best. Also in wcw vs nwo you could rip people's masks off doing the face rake submission a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pej86Z-O2Ug

omg i thought i knew it all.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
That is so freaking cool. All games should let you do that.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Do Modern wrestling games let you give your wrestlers theme songs from outside the game, like from your spotify account or w/e?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

Do Modern wrestling games let you give your wrestlers theme songs from outside the game, like from your spotify account or w/e?

Last game I remember doing that was RAW 2. You could put music on the xbox hard drive and then use it in custom songs. Raw 2 had a pretty extensive entrance customization suite. You could customize angles, music, and when the pyro would go off. I remember spending like 40 minutes once making the entrance synced to the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLo2PU6gKMM

Shard fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 22, 2023

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think it went through either WWE 12 or 13? It was somewhere in that area.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

Last game I remember doing that was RAW 2. You could put music on the xbox hard drive and then use it in custom songs. Raw 2 had a pretty extensive entrance customization suite. You could customize angles, music, and when the pyro would go off. I remember spending like 40 minutes once making the entrance synced to the music.

You could do it in the 360 era games that had Sandman & Sabu & the like in it. I remember giving my CAW Touch Me I'm Sick by Mudhoney

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The last few SvR and WWEXX games on the PS3 definitely allowed it. I do remember one of them getting pretty hosed up and glitchy because I had too much music stored on my ps3 though.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i think the last game with custom entrance music was 2K14 on xbox. 2K14 was the cutoff for a lot of the cooler weirder features of the older games, like that and custom stories

at least they can render sweat 50% more realistically though, a fair tradeoff

EDIT: i say xbox specifically because we didn't have the PS3 version and custom music stuff was weirder on there

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I think the only wrestling game right now that lets you add music is Fire Pro. Maybe MDickie games too?

2k does if you mod it apparently.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Shard posted:

Was that the one where if you had a belt, you wrestled the entire match IN the belt, but for some reason, it acted like a sort of "waist halo" and floated around you?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
lol i kind of miss props you could knock off of people and steal and whatnot

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I loved the Raw games for all the entrance thing and goofy poo poo you could do like dropping anvils or whatever on people backstage.

Too bad the wrestling part of them sucked.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Raw 2 was so good between its character creator that let you make some absolute monstrosities, the fact you could use custom songs, and even create your own entrance with pyro timing and camera cuts, it was so much fun

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Is anyone familiar with The Wrestling Code by Virtual Basement? It seems like this game has a massive roster but it’s been in development for years and I don’t think there’s any gameplay footage. Is this a legit game or is it some sort of launder? Are they just buying up video game rights for guys like RVD and Kurt Angle and then licensing them out when 2K wants to use them?

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

They're still trying to perfect the feature where Lio Rush becomes unselectable three months after you first start the game.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Speaking of Raw 2
https://twitter.com/WWEGamesOOC/status/1628970836215357440?s=20

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"What are you, some kind of stupid cartoon?"

"You got a problem with cartoons, you sumbitch? What?"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

What kind of monster would press A??

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

The next cutscene is The Rock and Stone Cold taking turns ripping off posters that say “Jabroni Season” and “Sumbitch Season” until they land on “McMahon Season” and both turn towards Vince, grinning

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

haunted bong posted:

The next cutscene is The Rock and Stone Cold taking turns ripping off posters that say “Jabroni Season” and “Sumbitch Season” until they land on “McMahon Season” and both turn towards Vince, grinning

As a kid, the first time I saw the "Elmer Season" scene, I marked the gently caress out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Is anyone familiar with The Wrestling Code by Virtual Basement? It seems like this game has a massive roster but it’s been in development for years and I don’t think there’s any gameplay footage. Is this a legit game or is it some sort of launder? Are they just buying up video game rights for guys like RVD and Kurt Angle and then licensing them out when 2K wants to use them?

Probably? Rumor is Kurt Angle was supposed to be in WWE 2K22 but they signed Angle to some deal instead and removed him from the game. I think the virtual basement people are behind some indy wrestling nft project too?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1629324265479872512?t=VF4Gfyj-3k3Kmj2vMeQtTg&s=19

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Probably a placeholder date to be honest

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There have been more fake fight forever release dates than fake rapture dates

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Drakkel posted:

Probably a placeholder date to be honest

Almost certainly, as pretty much all games that aren't first-party Nintendo releases drop on Tuesdays (Nintendo likes to release on Fridays).

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Should I buy a ps5 to play Fight Forever or do you think a ps4 is good enough? I don’t play video games other than Fire Pro and Super Nintendo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ps4 should be fine unless it's a poorly made backport so you might want to look into ps4 performance once it's very close to coming out. kenny omega said the game will have cross-play among online modes. the biggest diffs should be much improved loading times on ps5

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I can deal with loading time. Thank you Cav and Thank you Kenny.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Blame Kenny if problem.

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Graphically speaking it looks like something that should run fine on PS4, possibly developed with PS4mance specifically in mind. imo. Don't know poo poo about game optimisation.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I'd be nervous about picking it up on PS4, despite best intentions it'll be tough to make a game perform well on a system 2 generations old.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mar 31 would also be the last day of the quarter. I assume they've told them 'Q4' and in lieu of a real date, they've put the last possible date.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is WWE 2K22 worth $15 on pc ? Last WWE Game I played was 2K16.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

fit em all up in there posted:

It depends what you wanna do with it. If you wanna gently caress around and make dumb poo poo, yeah, if you want a good wrestling game, no.
Also, good avatar.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I would say 15 bucks is a fair price for WWE2K22. I hadn't played since 13, and was pretty surprised at a lot of the mechanics - the number of grapple moves, the selling, little nuances that aren't in the classic wrestling games. After maybe two months of playing universe mode with my self insert character, I decided to start playing MyFaction. It is the most infuriating, cheap, and annoying mode of any game I've ever played. I can't stop playing it though. I want that diamond Shawn Michaels 97 dammit!!

Hopefully Fight Forever will be good enough to steal my attention away.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fit em all up in there posted:

My understanding is they take the servers down pretty soon after the new game comes out which is in a few weeks. I personally wouldn’t buy a game with such a limited lifespan

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
One of the biggest reasons to get the 2K games is community creations so buying one of the older games after their servers are shut down massively limits the possibilities.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I just want the Switch version to be decent. Prepared to buy it on PS5 if it's not but I would really like some good handheld wrestling since Fire Pro is never coming to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

My understanding is they take the servers down pretty soon after the new game comes out which is in a few weeks. I personally wouldn’t buy a game with such a limited lifespan

They normally shut down in May but they extended the servers for 2k22 to December 31.