Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Back to DonBros, I wonder if we’re finally going to get a full team roll call before this series is over (they did one during a stage show a while back and there’s been a couple aborted attempts in the series proper)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
I stopped around episode 14 of don brothers.
Though I hate the VR/cgi style/theme, the characters are actually neat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Keep going

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GateOfD posted:

That’s only a small part of the show. Keep going, it’s worth it

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

GateOfD posted:

You absolutely must keep going.

For most episodes, the fights and mech stuff are actually the weakest parts. It is all about these goofuses.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
this game in today.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Binary Badger posted:

When they brought back Camerra and it turns out all she wants to do is go find a planet to live in retirement with Hyudora and Darramb's essences that pretty much signaled to me they were out of ideas for Decker.

Man, I dunno. Decker was great. Trigger is just this quality vacuum, every time someone from that show appears the quality just tanks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1628546071847702530?s=20

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
wow, did not know it was a woman, thought it was run thru a synthesizer

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Who did she voice in Zenkaiger?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's in the video, she was the Geartlinger

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I can’t believe there’s only 1 ep left.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Donbrothers....was crazy good.

E:

Both Junko Komura and Inoue are doing the script

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 26, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

E:

Curious how the movie’s going to handle Kaito (unless the recently released series finale gave a definitive answer to that)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

(unless the recently released series finale gave a definitive answer to that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That’s what I thought

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/tokusatsu_fc/status/1629647437055905794

There's going to be a director's cut of the Donbrothers finale on Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Don Vs Zenkai, have a trailer:

https://twitter.com/Donbro_toei/status/1629648245654962178

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Waffleman_ posted:

E:

I'm only about 25% into DonBrothers and that is going to be a chaotic mess. Can't wait.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The movie will be in three parts, "Zenkaiger," "Donbrothers," and "VS"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
DonBros Might be my favorite toku thing ever

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm guessing we'll finally get the Zenkaiger Hitotsuki in this VS movie and then the Donbrothers Hitotsuki in the subsequent one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm guessing we'll finally get the Zenkaiger Hitotsuki in this VS movie and then the Donbrothers Hitotsuki in the subsequent one.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
so what's the ranking between Donbrothers and the previous 5 sentais?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait, Inoue stuck a landing on an ending?????

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GateOfD posted:

Donbrothers might legitimately be one of the Sentai of all time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Junpei posted:

Wait, Inoue stuck a landing on an ending?????

Sort of, not really a big fan of how Kijino winds up with Natsumi and Tsubasa is alone despite everything he went through but otherwise it was a decent enough finale (I liked how literally everyone got a roll call at least, including Murasame)

Curious what the director’s cut version is going to be like

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

Sort of, not really a big fan of how Kijino winds up with Natsumi and Tsubasa is alone despite everything he went through but otherwise it was a decent enough finale (I liked how literally everyone got a roll call at least, including Murasame)

Curious what the director’s cut version is going to be like

I mean he's with Sononi

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, someone had to get the short end of the stick.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean he's with Sononi

True, I just don’t really think Kiji should have been ultimately rewarded for his madness

Also apparently according to Toei’s site the whole deal with Kaito will be explained in the VS movie

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."
Okay, so that's everything Donbros has.
Some of the threads that had caught me didn't get solved in the end...... But surprise! This show has successfully persuaded me to not care about them anymore.

Thinking back, the endings for Inutsuka and Miho (Crane) were certainly bitter (poor Crane... their wording on those staff comments seems to implicate that she was dead after all)...... but I'm feeling that's probably true for Jin as well. Raising up a child all by himself only to have him imprisoned and his adopted child forgetting everything about him and asking him "who are you" right to his face.

Edit: Heard some funny info from a twitter broadcast.
So Jin was sentenced 2000 years because of the sin of raising Tarou (time does not flow in the dimension where his prison was located)...... but he stays in the prison out of his own will, since he can sometimes go out at night and even gets paid. Guess there's no need to feel bad about him after all...!

There's a long story behind Tarou's runaway from home (so the early introduction about that is not abandoned). Too long to be told in the boradcast.

Another topic: Inoue also said there will be an unexpected new turn of Kijino and Natsumi's relationship in the VS movie.

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 26, 2023

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

GateOfD posted:

Donbrothers > the previous 5 sentais. Zenkaiger is close, though.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Holy gently caress, that killed me.

Definitely gonna watch the extended cut when that comes out, I need more of Idiot Sentai Donbrothers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do we have a release date for the extended version yet?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Things left unexplained that'll probably come up in the VS movie or a special:

#1 Kaito.
#2 Mother and Murasame

I think that's it!

I think Kijino's attempt at a relationship with Natsumi won't be as ideal as when he was with Miho but it's probably not that significant in the grand scheme of things I think.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
I don't know what there is to even explain about Mother and Murasame. The other two survivors of the Don Clan have their own Situations with their minds. Jirou has a separate personality induced by the Penguin Jyuto and Tarou will literally die if he tells a lie. Murasame's thing is he hears a maternal voice giving him orders to fight everyone against the Nouto. I dunno how much more you really need to explain, especially with Inoue's preference for scenarios explained by "Somehow."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Trogglodyte posted:

I don't know what there is to even explain about Mother and Murasame. The other two survivors of the Don Clan have their own Situations with their minds. Jirou has a separate personality induced by the Penguin Jyuto and Tarou will literally die if he tells a lie. Murasame's thing is he hears a maternal voice giving him orders to fight everyone against the Nouto. I dunno how much more you really need to explain, especially with Inoue's preference for scenarios explained by "Somehow."

Yeah it doesn't really need expanding on. Like Saruhada's ability to sustain life via imaginary food. These are just weird people.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7205046692419259650

Don't leave me!

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Xelkelvos posted:

Things left unexplained that'll probably come up in the VS movie or a special:

#1 Kaito.
#2 Mother and Murasame

I think that's it!

I think Kijino's attempt at a relationship with Natsumi won't be as ideal as when he was with Miho but it's probably not that significant in the grand scheme of things I think.
Does number 1 need to be explained? Its heavily implied that what happened to Tarou happened to Kaito.

Also dam that ending of Donbrothers was so sweet and adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MadScientistWorking posted:

Does number 1 need to be explained? Its heavily implied that what happened to Tarou happened to Kaito.

Also dam that ending of Donbrothers was so sweet and adorable.

Toei themselves has apparently said that #1 is going to be addressed in the VS movie.

That said, I wish Kaito’s transformed state had shown up more often (I think we only saw it like 3 or 4 times and he actually fought maybe once)