Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Asvab Waiver is just an MOS for the r-word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr posted:

christ can we please drop the ww2 comparisons i swear to god the siege of bakhmut is not like stalingrad

Quite right

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Putin's incompetent allies and their attempts at subterfuge will never be allowed!

The selfie has reportedly achieved "legendary status" within the Pentagon

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

christ can we please drop the ww2 comparisons i swear to god the siege of bakhmut is not like stalingrad

the only place where i see any similarities wuth that conflict is the nazi symbology on the ukranians and their hero is the literal chinless untermench nazi collaborator.

no

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I don't think the person who made this really understood Starship Troopers beyond "pewpew guns and kabooms"

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Anyway, I wouldn't say the Ukrainians aren't fighting hard, it is just where as in Stalingrad that sacrifice was necessary to draw in German forces for a massive encirclement...Ukrainian forces are taking heavy losses are buying time for hopefully something changing.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'm going to go ahead and say that the tattooed nazi regiment guy did not get a shot of vaccine.

At the very least I would be very surprised to find out if he did.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't think the person who made this really understood Starship Troopers beyond "pewpew guns and kabooms"

They watched it and liked what they saw and wondered why society irl can't work like that

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

They watched it and liked what they saw and wondered why society irl can't work like that

The old "if I was in charge everything would be so much better"

Aka every ineffectual fop wannabe leader noble son who gets thrown from a castle window in every period piece.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ardennes posted:

Anyway, I wouldn't say the Ukrainians aren't fighting hard, it is just where as in Stalingrad that sacrifice was necessary to draw in German forces for a massive encirclement...Ukrainian forces are taking heavy losses are buying time for hopefully something changing.

i guess they are waiting for NATO to go pseudo war economy and just churn out thousands of tanks for them to use. Which while not impossible, won't be quick and it's going to be hard to keep the weird facade that this isn't NATO directly fighting Russia going.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Regarde Aduck posted:

i guess they are waiting for NATO to go pseudo war economy and just churn out thousands of tanks for them to use. Which while not impossible, won't be quick and it's going to be hard to keep the weird facade that this isn't NATO directly fighting Russia going.

The issue is quite simply even if Europe wanted to, it would take years. The Russians at least were building up their industries beforehand and had retained latent capacity they could build back up while I don't think Germany can pull the same thing off. It is going to be into 2024 before they can rebuild most of their their Leopard 1s.

Admittedly, I think Kiev has an issue not just with Azov and the other nationalist groups, but they have to justify the war to the public itself. I think a lot of people in Ukraine at this point are going with a worsening situation because at least the line is holding for now but if Bakhmut was given up I think there would be more and more questions about both Zelensky and the War. The Ukrainians public knows how many people are dying (because statistically they are going to lose a friend here, family member there), but as long as there is some hope for victory this maybe this seen as acceptable (at least to some) since there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, keeping hope up comes at a very high cost, and the next few months could be pretty rough.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
After spending decades offshoring everything possible it would take decades to reverse.

Seems easier to just sanction some more random Russians from buying bagels in Brussels or something. That ought to work.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what happens when you start running out of people capible of driving the tanks

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Ban zoomer Russian artists who have international audiences from patreon

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
this could get spicy

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1628501202835996674?s=19

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Blaming Russia for the imminent collapse when it turns out the "heroic defence of Bahkmut" was a sham?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

when does the liberation of Crimea begin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

supersnowman posted:

Blaming Russia for the imminent collapse when it turns out the "heroic defence of Bahkmut" was a sham?

i was thinking there would be another crackdown on collaborators and traitors, real and imagined

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What’s up with them making noise about Moldova?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Frosted Flake posted:

normal country problems, putin/russia is an easy scapegoat.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Moldova should not be a separate country

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

maybe they finally want to take a crack at that big soviet ammo dump in transnistria

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

euphronius posted:

I've got a hunch that the Russians would use nukes if losing Crimea ever became a serious possibility.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no one is using nukes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im gonna use nukes

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

i just used nukes, sorry you had to find out this way

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

euphronius posted:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Moldova should not be a separate country

from what, romania?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they should do it
https://twitter.com/antiturkism/status/1628511311846858754

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2.6 million people.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/uk-news/2023/02/20/hms-queen-elizabeths-lack-of-arms-sets-alarm-bells-ringing/

Computer voice over telephone:
You said "spend more on defence" but I think you said "spend less on defence" is this correct?

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

maybe they finally want to take a crack at that big soviet ammo dump in transnistria

Would be a shame if a few cruise missiles fell on it as it was about to be captured.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/1628509817965883392

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

https://twitter.com/WargarW/status/1628496372033781761

Varg cuts right to the salient matter as always

I don’t know what “MYFAROG” means so I’m just saying it out loud like Borat. “My Farog! Very nice!”

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DancingShade posted:

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/uk-news/2023/02/20/hms-queen-elizabeths-lack-of-arms-sets-alarm-bells-ringing/

You said "spend more on defence" but I think you said "spend less on defence" is this correct?

maybe they should convert it into a hospital ship

https://twitter.com/DongshengNews/status/1625902952673161219?s=20

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

DancingShade posted:

quote:

Lord West said the war in Ukraine had affected worldwide munitions supply chains but the government had settled into a policy of ordering weapons when they were needed to save money.

Just-in-time military logistics. Is this peak liberalism?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

where do I get n95s with little prc flags on them

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Man, they are trying really hard to get Poland to volunteer to die, huh.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Majorian posted:

I don’t know what “MYFAROG” means so I’m just saying it out loud like Borat. “My Farog! Very nice!”

i think it's varg's racism rpg project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Raskolnikov38 posted:

where do I get n95s with little prc flags on them

the PLAN