Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Edmond Dantes posted:

Right, so, did a bit of testing and blessings are compatible with different marks within the same weapon type; I ripped off a brutal momentum from an Achillys (sp?) Combat Axe and was able to slap it on an Antax Combat Axe.

Same for Braced Autoguns:

This is my Agripinaa's re-bless menu, 0 blessings available:

Fed this Graia Braced to Hadron:

And now the sticker is available on the original Agripinaa:

Does it apply to other weapons that can take the same blessing as well? I have a headhunter auto with crulean roulette I was hoping to extract and put on my infantry autos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Kaddish posted:

What stats do the white weapons have from the exchange? Random?

Yeah despite the initial post where they said grey items had higher 'potential' there doesn't seem to be any indication that's what's happening here, but you can just spam-buy a weapon you want until you get the stats you like.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mendrian posted:

Yeah despite the initial post where they said grey items had higher 'potential' there doesn't seem to be any indication that's what's happening here, but you can just spam-buy a weapon you want until you get the stats you like.

I think by highest potential, they mean that grey weapons can be buffed the most through consecration. See also: blues and above that roll bad stats but good blessings.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I think what they actually said was "different potential" which was a gross way of saying RNG base stats means your gun can have different niches. Of course in practice, every gun has one or two ideal spreads and everything else is inferior, but inferiority is technically a "different" potential so they didn't lie!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Insert name here posted:

Does it apply to other weapons that can take the same blessing as well? I have a headhunter auto with crulean roulette I was hoping to extract and put on my infantry autos.

Nope, same weapon type regardless of mark, but not cross-type even if they can use the blessing.

You can rip Brutal Momentum off of a Combat Axe and slap on any other Combat Axe, but not on a Tactical Axe

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
should name the mode "all dogs go to heaven" when they reenable the physics on them

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Edmond Dantes posted:

Nope, same weapon type regardless of mark, but not cross-type even if they can use the blessing.

You can rip Brutal Momentum off of a Combat Axe and slap on any other Combat Axe, but not on a Tactical Axe
Lame :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I think this is a consequence of the blessings being different between weapon types

headtaker for heavy sword gets crazy bonuses but for combat axe its quite modest because the blessing is literally different

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The patch notes made it pretty clear they're willing to tune blessings for specific weapons too.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yeah, this is ultimately a good thing. If they find out that Blessing X + Weapon Y synergizes in a totally OP way it loving blows if tweaking that means they gut out Weapon Z which is good but not game breaking with the same blessing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

actually a huge patch a lot of the lovely blessings got major bumps, poxbursters blow up enemies now, and blessings are account wide!!

I was grabbing blessings on all my characters worrying theyd be character based, but earning a blessing allows you to apply it across all your characters for the same weapon

edit: in typical fashion though the patch reintroduced a memory leak 😬

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 22, 2023

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Game is way more crashy. I'm crashing in the main hub a lot. Played one game and didn't crash but that might be luck more than anything. Also very solid items now. Got a weapon on my veteran with blessings that would probably be good on a zealot aside from the dogshit damage roll. Dunno, don't really play zealot.

Crashed again. Good changes except for the fact that I'm lucky if I can even get to the mission terminal.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Game is way more crashy. I'm crashing in the main hub a lot. Played one game and didn't crash but that might be luck more than anything. Also very solid items now. Got a weapon on my veteran with blessings that would probably be good on a zealot aside from the dogshit damage roll. Dunno, don't really play zealot.

Crashed again. Good changes except for the fact that I'm lucky if I can even get to the mission terminal.

You might try again in a day or two. They just hotfixed a memory leak and it looks like they're probably going to be releasing more hotfixes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Edmond Dantes posted:

SIGH

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Anyone discovered a strategy for the meta progression yet?

I have a ton of mediocre weapons but I'm scared to rip them all apart for blessings because it's taken me this long to acquire them and I don't want to be left without a given weapon because what if I feel like using it?!

Also if I'm grinding out blessings for a given weapon does it make the most sense to buy a grey, upgrade it to blue, and then sac it? Or do orange weapons get unique blessings?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'd say just rip em off since you can make grays now

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mendrian posted:

Anyone discovered a strategy for the meta progression yet?

I have a ton of mediocre weapons but I'm scared to rip them all apart for blessings because it's taken me this long to acquire them and I don't want to be left without a given weapon because what if I feel like using it?!

Also if I'm grinding out blessings for a given weapon does it make the most sense to buy a grey, upgrade it to blue, and then sac it? Or do orange weapons get unique blessings?

Gonna echo cummers, don't even sweat it. If it's not a particular version of a weapon you use regularly, just rip the blessings off. You can make grey versions of any weapons now and Melks shop is now much easier to make use of to fish for high tier blessings with the contract difficulty changes.

Tl;Dr use Melk's shop to find high tier blessings to rip, use grey weapons armory to roll for a good base item and upgrade it to blue. Go from there if you keep it or not.

If a weapon is mediocre, rip that blessing off and move on.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Holy gently caress a loss on Damnation still resulted in me getting more plasteel than a Damnation win before the patch. I got 290 plasteel after the loss penalty.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

skaianDestiny posted:

Holy gently caress a loss on Damnation still resulted in me getting more plasteel than a Damnation win before the patch. I got 290 plasteel after the loss penalty.

Time to get hurf derf on damnation then. Wow.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Looks like enemy flamers got buffed a bit. Their spray travels much more quickly when they initially start firing, forcing you to actually dodge rather than mosey to the side. Not a huge deal, but caught me off guard.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I'm seeing on reddit that you can get gray -> orange in about two damnation runs. If that's good, then I don't think gathering crafting mats will be a big complaint anymore.

I would definitely not call this a huge patch, though. They're letting us craft weapons from scratch, and they fiddled with the numbers to get them to where they should have been at launch. These were the easy fixes. The hard ones are going to be giving us new maps, weapons, and classes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

my ogryn can give a thumbs up, yuge patch

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Jerkface posted:

my ogryn can give a thumbs up, yuge patch

Can't do it in-map, worst game ever.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

big cummers ONLY posted:

I would definitely not call this a huge patch, though.

Compared to what exactly? In the context of this game it’s a very significant patch.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Mendrian posted:

Wait, you really can't emote in mission?
lmfao, what was the point of even ripping off this feature from another game?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
lazy devs dead game

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm seeing on reddit that you can get gray -> orange in about two damnation runs. If that's good, then I don't think gathering crafting mats will be a big complaint anymore.

I would definitely not call this a huge patch, though. They're letting us craft weapons from scratch, and they fiddled with the numbers to get them to where they should have been at launch. These were the easy fixes. The hard ones are going to be giving us new maps, weapons, and classes.

Welcome to early access. :rimshot:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I got in and played a few rounds today for the first time since december.

My thoughts:

1) minute to minute gameplay is still fun

2) maps are still somehow bland. No real way to describe it better. They feel procedurally generated even though I know they're not. Probably because it's endless rehashes of grey hab 2234/35q corridor.

3) crafting system looks cool.

4) holy poo poo there are mats all over the goddamn map now

5) oh thank loving god they actually give a misison-end reward now

I'll probably do a match or two a day to slowly grind out blessings but meh. Game is kind of what it should have launched as, which is good, but there's still nothing there grabbing me.

It did get me in the mood to play a couple hours of VT2 after I quit DT though, although drat the combat in that feels so weird and floaty compared to DT

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mendrian posted:

Seriously? lmao

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I'm enjoying this basic poo poo 3 months after launch, we'll be to early access in a few months and maybe launch ready within the year!

Bruc
May 30, 2006
A lot of good changes but they nerfed Psykers which loving sucks, you don't get fast passive peril reduction when using non force weapons in melee so you have to actively quell all the time which makes the combat flow way worse. You used to be able to burn through your peril and then melee for like 10 seconds and be good to use the staff again and now it takes like 30 seconds if you don't manually quell. Really makes both melee and ranged feel worse.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Kaddish posted:

Compared to what exactly? In the context of this game it’s a very significant patch.

Compared to other games that get patches - "huge" means "content" in that context. "Biggest patch for Darktide yet" is an embarrassingly low bar, and seeing people praise Fatshark for this reminds me of when people praise toddlers for managing to poo poo in a bowl instead of their pants

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
:smuggo:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Darkmass.gg got closed, so the informational hotness is once again Games Lantern.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

big cummers ONLY posted:

Compared to other games that get patches - "huge" means "content" in that context. "Biggest patch for Darktide yet" is an embarrassingly low bar, and seeing people praise Fatshark for this reminds me of when people praise toddlers for managing to poo poo in a bowl instead of their pants

I see. Lol dude.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

:getin:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Anecdotally, there's been a lot of new dialogue for the various personalities I haven't heard before. Maybe it's because of the change to make sure conversations don't get cut off now, but if they just keep adding lines each patch without mentioning it I'm down for that.

Only mildly tangentially, did someone say SPACE MARINES?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294127738774880256/1078113660410548264/SPESS_MAHREEN.mp4

(male loner psyker best voice)

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

That’s excellent, but I’d go with the Slaughterer blessing if possible. A bonus of up to 75% Power with basically full uptime against hordes is crazy good.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I haven't played since probably Christmas, how does the blessing stuff work? I get that you can harvest blessings and use them on weapons of the same type, but is it like one use and you have to keep harvesting them or once you've harvested them you can apply them infinitely (for a price obviously)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

field balm posted:

I haven't played since probably Christmas, how does the blessing stuff work? I get that you can harvest blessings and use them on weapons of the same type, but is it like one use and you have to keep harvesting them or once you've harvested them you can apply them infinitely (for a price obviously)?

Looks like they're reusable once harvested.

Edit: Yes, just double checked. I stripped a Thrust blessing off of a thunder hammer about an hour ago and put it on another hammer. I can still apply that same blessing to a different hammer. Once you extract a blessing from an item, that's it - you've got that blessing available for other weapons.

litany of gulps fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 23, 2023