Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
me reading UFO NEWS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Belt needs to be labeled f5

typhus
Apr 7, 2004

Fun Shoe

Huh, somehow Carter being at all associated with UFOs missed me entirely, that's wild. The coordinates especially, I've never heard a president talk about anything even remotely approaching that poo poo

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

typhus posted:

Huh, somehow Carter being at all associated with UFOs missed me entirely, that's wild. The coordinates especially, I've never heard a president talk about anything even remotely approaching that poo poo

read "Phenomena" by Annie Jacobsen

the Pentagon definitely believes they are getting ROI on psi research.

on the other hand, we need not wonder how the director of the CIA could possibly have had foreknowledge of the coordinates.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

I'm listening to Weinstein on Rogan now, I don't recommend it, these are two of my most hated pop culture public figures at the moment, Weinstein is such a loving blowhard,

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7MDxyrrhD7gC7XMRwB0ulv

But I need to read the subtext here. I need to understand what Weinstein's handlers are telling him. I need to know how his attitudes have shifted as a result. I need to slot this into the bigger picture in the ufo world today. And so i must listen to Rogan waxing poetic about the muscular vigor of driving a car :jerkbag:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*shoots down small-engine plane because the head of some nation was insufficiently right-wing*

*sits back smoking a cigar when the phone rings*

*ohshishtohman its the president... how am I gonna explain this to him?*

"Heeeeeeey there buddy. Uh, yeah, yeah. I just heard about it. Awful accident, terrible, yeah. Okay, so we don't have aaaaaany possible way of knowing annnnnnything about this plane or where it crashed, buuuuut I do... uh.... know this psychic lady. Maybe she can help?"

*Speech Roll: Critical Success*

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Azathoth posted:

if only we could harvest the negative energy your posts generate we could sling a whole fleet of ships to alpha centauri and back

Weaponized QCS

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

i am in hell.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

We all are

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rickshaw posted:

I'm listening to Weinstein on Rogan now, I don't recommend it, these are two of my most hated pop culture public figures at the moment, Weinstein is such a loving blowhard,

But I need to read the subtext here. I need to understand what Weinstein's handlers are telling him. I need to know how his attitudes have shifted as a result. I need to slot this into the bigger picture in the ufo world today. And so i must listen to Rogan waxing poetic about the muscular vigor of driving a car :jerkbag:

weinstein is like a benedict cumberbatch villain role brought into real life. just incredible in his unearned arrogance lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So they're happily handing out photos of the Chinese balloon but still nothing on the Objects.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

The Tao folks, am I right? Tao. "Dahh-ow". They love their non-action. Know what they call it? Wu Wei. Oh believe me. "Woo-Wee". Many are saying that Woo-Wee means that things unfold naturally. Look, sometimes the best thing you can do is nothing at all. That's what the Dahh-ow teaches us with Woo-Wee. Sometimes you gotta just sit back, relax, and let things take their course.That's the best way to achieve true success

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
poo poo wrong thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
not really

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol

the generals, with tears in their eyes, explained that the missiles were in fact "very expensive" and that "we'll be needing more, of course"

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

That is definitely a balloon and you can't tell me otherwise

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Just a Moron posted:

That is definitely a balloon and you can't tell me otherwise

Heretic!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Rickshaw posted:

thank you for your sacrifice. i don't know how you could listen to 3 hours of these cretins

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Weinstein is the dumbest mother fucker on the planet's idea of a smart person

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Rickshaw posted:

i am in hell.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

my bony fealty posted:

Lex Friedman has entered the chat

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

this is why he hangs out with joe rogan and is so clearly proud of the bullshit he spews

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ham Cheeks posted:

The Tao folks, am I right? Tao. "Dahh-ow". They love their non-action. Know what they call it? Wu Wei. Oh believe me. "Woo-Wee". Many are saying that Woo-Wee means that things unfold naturally. Look, sometimes the best thing you can do is nothing at all. That's what the Dahh-ow teaches us with Woo-Wee. Sometimes you gotta just sit back, relax, and let things take their course.That's the best way to achieve true success

Rickshaw posted:

i am in hell.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

my bony fealty posted:

On behalf of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOw95bLv1dQ&t=5s

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

The NatGeo UFO series that just came out is surprisingly good, and the first episode contains an animation of the Nimitz tictac glitch hopping all around Fravor's F18 during the encounter that underscores how insanely these things maneuver.

Wild to me that this is on television right now (but also streaming on Hulu)

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

Holy Jesus. I'm only halfway through this thing.

What Weinstein is saying, in a bloviating, over-inflated way is a variation of what Ive been saying in this thread. If antigravity exists it points to physics beyond the standard model & GR. We know that we don't understand quantum gravity and that is by definition physics beyond the standard model and GR. If we understood quantum gravity perhaps we'd see a novel way to achieve antigravity effects although it isn't a guarantee. If we truly are seeing UFOs zipping around with extreme accelerations, visiting from distant star systems, then we can probably conclude antigravity exists and this gives us both a hope and a clue toward new physics. This is exactly what I've been saying about the black triangles, and trying to estimate how strong is the evidence of extreme accelerations in those cases.

It's hard to pick a most irritating part of the whole presentation but right now what bothers me the most is Weinstein's embarrassing masculine posturing. Talking about "cowboy scientists", how physics used to be better back in the 1950s when "hard-drinking, skirt-chasing" scientists weren't bogged down by string theory and diversity & inclusion (oh things were better back in a mythical golden age? i've never heard that one before from a crypto fascist), offhandedly mentioning street fights and "picking up chicks" in a bar by talking about spacetime, jesus loving christ, I wonder if anyone buys this poo poo

Anyway besides the physics content, the other thing to listen for is him talking about being approached by unnamed insiders who keep promising to fly him out to Colorado Springs and show him stuff that will blow his mind. He says three times they said they were gonna do it and then pulled back. He says Sam Harris got sick of this and backed out after the third time. He says they say they have 100% conclusive perfectly clear video. He says he talked to Eric Davis. He also says he's had a hard time talking to any physicist on the inside, only Eric Davis and Hal Puthoff, and he has a low opinion of Puthoff.

He also is still going on about his "geometric unity" theory and he really believes it is his life's work.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

It would be more beneficial to humanity to take any one of the thread regulars here and put them in front of a mic and wing it than to let that blowhard in on the secret

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rickshaw posted:

What Weinstein is saying, in a bloviating, over-inflated way is a variation of what Ive been saying in this thread. If antigravity exists it points to physics beyond the standard model & GR. We know that we don't understand quantum gravity and that is by definition physics beyond the standard model and GR. If we understood quantum gravity perhaps we'd see a novel way to achieve antigravity effects although it isn't a guarantee. If we truly are seeing UFOs zipping around with extreme accelerations, visiting from distant star systems, then we can probably conclude antigravity exists and this gives us both a hope and a clue toward new physics. This is exactly what I've been saying about the black triangles, and trying to estimate how strong is the evidence of extreme accelerations in those cases.

It's hard to pick a most irritating part of the whole presentation but right now what bothers me the most is Weinstein's embarrassing masculine posturing. Talking about "cowboy scientists", how physics used to be better back in the 1950s when "hard-drinking, skirt-chasing" scientists weren't bogged down by string theory and diversity & inclusion (oh things were better back in a mythical golden age? i've never heard that one before from a crypto fascist), offhandedly mentioning street fights and "picking up chicks" in a bar by talking about spacetime, jesus loving christ, I wonder if anyone buys this poo poo

Anyway besides the physics content, the other thing to listen for is him talking about being approached by unnamed insiders who keep promising to fly him out to Colorado Springs and show him stuff that will blow his mind. He says three times they said they were gonna do it and then pulled back. He says Sam Harris got sick of this and backed out after the third time. He says they say they have 100% conclusive perfectly clear video. He says he talked to Eric Davis. He also says he's had a hard time talking to any physicist on the inside, only Eric Davis and Hal Puthoff, and he has a low opinion of Puthoff.

He also is still going on about his "geometric unity" theory and he really believes it is his life's work.

I don't physics but I'm reading a book right now about quantum physics and according to it the whole field was hamstrung by the Copenhagen agreement for like...all of the 20th century.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

99 putinballoons

https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1628684898125979650

obv it's a drone doing war stuff but i was excited by the matching number of syllables

pancake rabbit has issued a correction as of 10:32 on Feb 23, 2023

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I have been terribly sick for a week and let me tell u... dreams actually get way worse when your brain is overheating. Got so spooked by my cat wanting to cuddle last night I let out a yelp which woke everyone up. Archon pranks by proxy

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

endocriminologist posted:

I have been terribly sick for a week and let me tell u... dreams actually get way worse when your brain is overheating. Got so spooked by my cat wanting to cuddle last night I let out a yelp which woke everyone up. Archon pranks by proxy

when i had OG covid in 2020 i had wild feverish episodes for an evening and ended up laying in bed having interminable hallucinations and dream-like states, and just insane shivering to the degree it made my bed-frame rattle. 100% do not recommend, drink extra water + electrolytes, and remember that any entities you encounter in a feverish or delirious state are not to be trusted in the slightest no matter what they offer

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If you didn't know by now that Joe Rogan is almost exclusively a disinformation launderer who brings on nutjob dunning Kruger faux scientists that blather on about their scientific discoveries big government doesn't want you to know about as he nods sagely about how crazy that is but it's always just junk science that was proven wrong decades ago and it's someone just trying to grift, you shouldn't be getting into ufos.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

are the birds here yet

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

tithin posted:

are the birds here yet

Always have been

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Asproigerosis posted:

If you didn't know by now that Joe Rogan is almost exclusively a disinformation launderer who brings on nutjob dunning Kruger faux scientists that blather on about their scientific discoveries big government doesn't want you to know about as he nods sagely about how crazy that is but it's always just junk science that was proven wrong decades ago and it's someone just trying to grift, you shouldn't be getting into ufos.

~5 years ago i was at an internet research conference and probably the world's most well-known social scientist of internet stuff said in one of the breakout rooms i was in that the relationship between male supplement advertising, reactionary political radicalization, and audio content that resisted traditional forms of moderation (e.g. harder to evaluate and take down than the well-oiled photo/video moderation systems of fb and instagram etc) would be one of the most important-to-study and socially-devastating emergent phenomena. rogan is a perfect example, as is e.g. andrew tate

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rickshaw posted:

LOL that you and he are ultimately on the same wavelength

Related to the "hard drinking, skirt chasing" physicist thing though, I had heard that American Astrophysical Union was banned from having any more conferences in Vegas after a series of incidents

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I don't physics but I'm reading a book right now about quantum physics and according to it the whole field was hamstrung by the Copenhagen agreement for like...all of the 20th century.

the climate agreement?

I would totally watch a Joe Rohan style physics and ufo lecture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?live?P6Iyg9fznvM

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Baffler just dropped an exhaustively long history of UFO mania and American militarism with regards to, interesting but not spicy or anything.
https://twitter.com/jessejrobertson/status/1628760667460194306

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

Bilirubin posted:

LOL that you and he are ultimately on the same wavelength

Related to the "hard drinking, skirt chasing" physicist thing though, I had heard that American Astrophysical Union was banned from having any more conferences in Vegas after a series of incidents

Even Feynman was a "womanizer" but I don't lionize the man for it!