Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Comic books were a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

he looks ill

how dare you make fun of his stutter

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/StewGlobal/status/1628402989231910913

quote:

Kate McKenna starts her days much like the other parents on her street. She drives her kids to school and returns to her bungalow on a cul-de-sac south of Vancouver.

But once she sits at her kitchen counter, pours coffee and opens her laptop, she becomes part of a global network helping the Ukrainian military fight off the Russian invasion.

A volunteer with United24, a non-profit organization established by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, McKenna is one of many supporters around the world working to arm Ukraine.

She has tracked down armoured vehicles, missile defence systems and drones – whatever Ukraine needs to repel President Vladimir Putin’s forces.

“It is very weird,” McKenna said in an interview at her home in North Delta, B.C. “I’m a suburban mom, and I’m planning Russian death. I do have moments like that.”

Since Russia launched its invasion one year ago this week, an international network has come together to make sure Ukraine is properly outfitted for victory.

They are not all like McKenna. Many are veterans with military expertise and contacts. But as civilians, they have proven able to get things done, and fast.

A former drone-company employee, McKenna focuses on filling the gaps governments aren’t, like finding the parts to develop the drones that have become a central weapon in the war.

McKenna was born in Zimbabwe and came to Canada in 2008 after working as a banking executive in Tokyo and Singapore.

She was employed at a Vancouver-area drone firm, and raising two children, when Russian troops launched their full-scale invasion.

“I was born in Africa during civil war so I really understand what it’s like to lose your home and to live, as a child, scared,” McKenna told Global News.

“So it really resonated with me.”

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

wow, another loving rhodesian

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

🎶 Rhodesia never dies 🎶

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
free lollontree

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
FF is there anything to go on with a Canada-Rhodesia connection aside from the broad strokes that they're both products of British imperialism

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
So much for Avatar has no cultural impact. Eat your heart out capeshitters and cameron haters!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tankbuster posted:

So much for Avatar has no cultural impact. Eat your heart out capeshitters and cameron haters!

Release the Zelensky cut

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Our father Brandera

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

more like atticus binch 😂

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McKenna was born in Zimbabwe and came to Canada

hahah incredible

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

FF is there anything to go on with a Canada-Rhodesia connection aside from the broad strokes that they're both products of British imperialism

Canadian immigration officials were (are?) whatever the opposite of colourblind is. We took a lot of Rhodesians here, and several Canadians went there, including iirc our first school shooter.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

euphronius posted:

hahah incredible

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/jsbhulme/status/1628579137458786306?t=n5vhFOB5rGZf6756Sj2UtQ&s=19

🤔 the orcs are injecting captives with mRNA gene therapy

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

euphronius posted:

hahah incredible

:thunk:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it just makes me remember that hilarious “king obama” copy pasta when he forcibly vaccinates a don’t tread on me guy against rubella

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Canadian immigration policy and diaspora communities are strings you don't want to tug on unless you're out to develop a drinking problem, imo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jel Shaker posted:

it just makes me remember that hilarious “king obama” copy pasta when he forcibly vaccinates a don’t tread on me guy against rubella

it was kylejack lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

not actually that thin

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

not actually that thin

lol it's his own loving dumb tattoo, incredible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder what those tattoos are about.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

He looks like he lost like 10 - 15 pounds at most and honestly it was probably because zelensky and friends wanted them to keep hiding inside a steel plant instead of surrendering.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I wonder what those tattoos are about.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Comrade Koba posted:

this war is truly the gamesmaster anthony's birthday of crimes against humanity

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Another well known American volunteer soldier/"medic" has been injured in Bakhmut. Seems like things there are getting dire

https://twitter.com/SarahAshtonLV/status/1628734097529925632

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
"won the battle" lmao

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

Another well known American volunteer soldier/"medic" has been injured in Bakhmut. Seems like things there are getting dire

you're supposed to throw away the grenade after you've pulled the pin, dumbass

also lol that her first instinct after sustaining a combat injury is to get someone to film it for social media clout

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Brandino bursting into zelenskys room all like

Are ya winning son?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The brain washing is so loving powerful

Seriously, hands are really important

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Also Prigozhin is back in Bakhmut

https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1628731181964328962

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

kinda feeling like the day we cut the Ukrainians loose like we did with the Kurds and all these bozos start frantically purging their tweet history isn't that far off

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how did she end up not only in ukriane but in their army

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
she says 'slava ukraini' in the same way that brad pitt says 'buongiorno' in inglorious basterds

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope her Ukrainian military disability payments will be good

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Injected within microchip RNA

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Comrade Koba posted:

The Colossus of Rhodesia

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thats the one that had the brain skip when confronted about the western involvement in the colonization of Africa and the USSR actually helping them secure their freedom from it

It lasted for like 2 seconds before she twisted herself into going USSR bad again.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

not actually that thin

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Comrade Koba posted:

you're supposed to throw away the grenade after you've pulled the pin, dumbass

also lol that her first instinct after sustaining a combat injury is to get someone to film it for social media clout

being in active warzone without basic combat common sense to own my twitter enemies