Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

veni veni veni posted:

The controller dock sucks. It's weird and finicky and gives no indication of if your controllers are charging or not. There's a good chance at least one of them is not. The only way to tell is to charge them while they are on and check the PS5 UX, which is dumb as gently caress. Considering there are much cheaper third party options, go with one of those because there is no way they are worse than the official one. It does look

:words: :words: :words:

:actually:

There're a little light, located on the controller, that comes on when the controller is docked and charging. It's not very bright though, and easy to miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

:actually:

There're a little light, located on the controller, that comes on when the controller is docked and charging. It's not very bright though, and easy to miss.

Is this different light that the on/off indicator? I couldn't tell because I had to leave them on and check PS UI.

That good to know though. That makes me dislike the dock way less.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Psvr2 sounds :coal:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Yeah there's a light that pulses white every few seconds when they're charging. It's still kinda awkward to set them down in the stand but it does work. A shame because the dual sense charger is fantastic.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

veni veni veni posted:

The controller dock sucks. It's weird and finicky and gives no indication of if your controllers are charging or not. There's a good chance at least one of them is not. The only way to tell is to charge them while they are on and check the PS5 UX, which is dumb as gently caress. Considering there are much cheaper third party options, go with one of those because there is no way they are worse than the official one. It does look neat though :v:

Nope. When they're charging, there's a slowly pulsing white light on...the bottom of the controllers. Which is terrible.

The dock seems to want you to slide the controllers in from the front, rather than dropping them down from the top, but yeah, it's finicky as gently caress.

e; fb. But do try sliding them in from the front rather than dropping them down.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

From need to make new mimics. Someone tell Miyazaki that Americans call トコジラミ bedbugs over here. People just hopped into a coffin without thinking too carefully about it, they'll fall for that one

Elden Ring had new mimics. instead of chests they disguised themselves as random weak enemies and then exploded into an overpowered one (especially a rune bear) when you approached them

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Augus posted:

Elden Ring had new mimics. instead of chests they disguised themselves as random weak enemies and then exploded into an overpowered one (especially a rune bear) when you approached them

Toughest enemies in Elden Ring:

Revenant
Random bears

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, it's insane. Prolly gonna sell another 5 mil beforte the year is over.

I'm very curious how well Armored Core VI is going to do. Not to be gatekeeping but it was very curious to be how everyone screamed their heads off at the Game Awards when it was always a super niche game and the all streamers got super hyped. I think it's great and this could be FROM's monster hunter world.

But then again AC is the most FROM of FROM's franchises and non-fans could bounce right off if they go whole hog.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Wonder what the odds are of Armored Core getting a VR mode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Armored Bore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Higher than you’d think since From made a PSVR 1 game on a lark (Deracine, which plays absolutely nothing like what they are famous for)

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

Armored Bore

You usually spend more time in the garage than in missions so that's gonna be a big obstacle to even Souls fans patience. Plus it's really easy to understand why a big sword is different than a dagger.

A lot more fiddly when it comes to the relative benefits of a fire control chip or a sensor system.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Thundercracker posted:

You usually spend more time in the garage than in missions so that's gonna be a big obstacle to even Souls fans patience. Plus it's really easy to understand why a big sword is different than a dagger.

A lot more fiddly when it comes to the relative benefits of a fire control chip or a sensor system.

Nah just have some descriptor on the fire control chip like "A chip, once used by the Mecha Knights of Dark in their missions to the dark", have it found on some ruined mech in a corner next to a painting. They'll eat it up.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

haveblue posted:

Higher than you’d think since From made a PSVR 1 game on a lark (Deracine, which plays absolutely nothing like what they are famous for)

Yeah, Deracine is specifically why the idea occurred to me.

Thundercracker posted:

Yeah, never liked that in previous entries. I'm kinda planning to hold off on playing it until there are just guides for mech builds I can quickly copy so I can make things go boom...

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
Some thoughts on Horizon: Call of the Mountain

It makes me feel very tall
Picking up blaze canisters never gets old
Osram cleavage is way more distracting in VR
4 hours straight of the climbing poo poo was murder on my shoulders
Shooting with the bow is fun as heck

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I hope AC doesn't resemble the Souls series in any way except high-quality level and art direction. Ready for a break from foggy stories and abstract histories.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Bugblatter posted:

Yeah, Deracine is specifically why the idea occurred to me.

Yeah, never liked that in previous entries. I'm kinda planning to hold off on playing it until there are just guides for mech builds I can quickly copy so I can make things go boom...

Lol. I just remembered in previous entries most of the parts didn't even have names, just serial numbers. I want a bunch of YouTube videos hyping how NMLR-2X Mk2 is soooo OP

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Did I miss something or why does my screen get tunnel vision sometimes? I can't seem to find a reason for why it happens, but every now and then in the game my screen ...shrinks I guess? It looks like I am looking through binoculars or something, then it slowly expands to be the full FOV again. Is this normal? or did I misconfigure something? Only seems to happen on horizon CotM

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

badjohny posted:

Did I miss something or why does my screen get tunnel vision sometimes? I can't seem to find a reason for why it happens, but every now and then in the game my screen ...shrinks I guess? It looks like I am looking through binoculars or something, then it slowly expands to be the full FOV again. Is this normal? or did I misconfigure something? Only seems to happen on horizon CotM

That's the vignette or tunneling option that happens when you turn. Meant to help with motion sickness or a little bit of stuttering. You can turn it off completely in the game options

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I always find VR ‘comfort’ settings to be more distracting and frustrating than anything else, but I guess for some people the little breaks in the immersion are a worthwhile trade off for not puking your guts out after 5 minutes.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I want a way to only turn on vignetting when vertical movement is involved. I remember playing Skyrim VR and doing just fine but whenever stairs were involved or, god forbid, a fall, I had to close my eyes or feel my stomach lurch.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord
Something that helps me get my VR legs is to literally push the backs of my legs into the couch. Touching a real object helps ground me and I feel more confident knowing where I am in my space (and not about to smack the poo poo out of my TV). And if I end up feeling uneven I can just sit down into the couch.

Kale
May 14, 2010

haveblue posted:

Platinum on Forspoken (that QTE dance challenge is a killer). What a weird game and set of dev priorities. All the cool stuff is way off the beaten path so if you don’t fall in love with it and put in way more hours than the main quest calls for you’ll never see any of it

Cuff going back to just your snarky sidekick after being revealed as LITERALLY THE SOLE REASON THE WORLD IS hosed AND EVERYONE IS DEAD was a swerve too far for me. There isn’t any connective tissue there, his arc just evaporates. They even leave the incidental dialog tables unchanged which includes a lot of exchanges that make zero or negative sense given the late-game revelations.

Also big lol that (unless I missed something big) Frey’s father is completely unimportant. I understand the desire to focus on mothers and daughters and women in general but it turns Cinta’s story into “the most powerful sorceress in the world went to New York and was so gobsmacked she let some random dude knock her up before coming back”

"What a weird set of dev priorities" describes how I feel about a lot of Square Enix releases these days.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

RareAcumen posted:

From need to make new mimics. Someone tell Miyazaki that Americans call トコジラミ bedbugs over here. People just hopped into a coffin without thinking too carefully about it, they'll fall for that one

I want to see someone make a door mimic, clinging against a wall hoping some lost adventurer tries to open it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You guys are gonna make me get a PSVR2

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

TheDarkFlame posted:

I want to see someone make a door mimic, clinging against a wall hoping some lost adventurer tries to open it.

Wasn't this a thing in Nioh?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Nah, they were just walls, unless there's another yokai being talked about

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zone Mimics

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

mcmagic posted:

You guys are gonna make me get a PSVR2

You should! It's very good. I'm super impressed for the price point.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The most unbelievable aspect of Horizon isn't the robot dinosaurs or sentient AI. It's that Aloy isn't fukken yoked from all that climbing and archery.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Macichne Leainig posted:

You should! It's very good. I'm super impressed for the price point.

When they announce Alyx for it I'll pull the trigger.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

mcmagic posted:

When they announce Alyx for it I'll pull the trigger.

Yeah that's a good call. I just blazed through Alyx on my PCVR headset before my PSVR2 arrived to get my VR legs back. I wish catching and throwing in all VR games was as easy as it was in Alyx :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/LiEnbyy/status/1628436592640790530

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

PSVR2 rules. It’s my first foray into a real VR experience, and so far it has not let me down.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

the controller dock is good. i use it every day and never have an issue. put controller in dock, see controller light glow. walk away.

what's the issue??

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

the controller dock is good. i use it every day and never have an issue. put controller in dock, see controller light glow. walk away.

what's the issue??

We're talking about the brand new PSVR2 controller dock.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I will never buy another VR thing until they cost significantly less than an entirely new console.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I now own a PS5 and goddamn FF7R looks good in 4K.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I don't love the earbuds on the PSVR2 but I'm not quite sure I'm sold on something like the Pulse 3D headset. Anyone used both the VR headset and the 3D wireless headset at the same time, with glasses? Is it super uncomfortable?

Worst comes to worst I think I have some old Koss PortaPros lying around somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

I will never buy another VR thing until they cost significantly less than an entirely new console.

Which is fine, it's a niche product, but the thing has 4 external cameras, an internal IR camera, two "2K" OLED HDR displays, and includes two controllers that would normally be ~$80, so the price is pretty justified. It feels like a better value than a $400 Quest 2.