Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

gently caress. You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

When you're being robbed and all the costume shops were out of Nixon

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Phy posted:

When you're being robbed and all the costume shops were out of Nixon

Point Break remake lookin cheap

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

looks like The Thing finally got to the presidents

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Field Mousepad posted:

gently caress. You.

That's her line when people won't stop bugging her about their undertale ocs

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Phy posted:

When you're being robbed and all the costume
shops were out of Nixon

Look at their eyes, they know. They know what you did, person with a tattoo machine in their kitchen.

Field Mousepad posted:

gently caress. You.

It’s not even centered, ye gods.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

It’s not even centered, ye gods.

But did the artist press Tab or use spaces?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

tbh the comic sans one made me laugh, and I kinda like the way it interacts with the other tattoo on her right shoulder, but I also hate that tattoo on her right shoulder.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

CommonShore posted:

tbh the comic sans one made me laugh, and I kinda like the way it interacts with the other tattoo on her right shoulder, but I also hate that tattoo on her right shoulder.

LOVE NEED IS ALL YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

CommonShore posted:

Thank you! I was gonna say, I hate that one on the right way more. At least the comic sans one made me go "..Heh", even if it's...um, taking up most of their back.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

the one on her shoulder is from the Beatles' animated film Yellow Submarine, and it's really not supposed to be a static image

in a movie packed with lush, vivid psychedelic imagery that would look amazing on the skin, she chose that. no wonder she's a Comic Sans fan

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
Comic Sans is actually a fabulous font and I'll die on that hill. (I teach children)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They should revoke your teaching license (?)

Ban this sick filth

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

History Comes Inside! posted:

They should revoke your teaching license (?)

Ban this sick filth

I dare you to say that to me in Comic Sans

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Comic sans is good, but other fonts can be the same kind of good, and better than comic sans.

https://www.nothingcomicaboutdyslexia.com/

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Every time I think about Comic Sans, I think of the local hospital that has most of their external signage in Arial but the Children's ER direction sign in Comic Sans, which is cursed in a way I struggle to articulate

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
http://achewood.com/comic.php?date=07052007

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Queen Gnome posted:

Comic Sans is actually a fabulous font and I'll die on that hill. (I teach children)

You are what you teach.

So presumably you are 3(?) children in a goon suit.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Queen Gnome posted:

I dare you to say that to me in Comic Sans

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Lmao

Hey, at least I got you to type something in Comic Sans!!

I've always appreciated the font for how much easier it makes learning English for children. It looks awful in documents, but all my ABC charts and writing exercises use it and I have 0 regrets. :eng101:

I've gotta look into those other fonts that are good for people with dyslexia. What a cool world we live in sometimes :3:

Edit:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

You are what you teach.

So presumably you are 3(?) children in a goon suit.

Yeah that checks out. Maybe one tall kid and a shrimpy one. Never want kids of my own, but they suck so much less than most adults

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Comic Sans is easier to read for people with dyslexia.

It's a fine font. Not professional looking but it's easy to read. Stop clinging on to opinions from 2004.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is highly functional but aesthetically dire, we must be able to invent one that is both functional and nice looking.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

OwlFancier posted:

It is highly functional but aesthetically dire, we must be able to invent one that is both functional and nice looking.

I know exactly where this is headed

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Really, the only font that shouldn't be around children is Times New Roman Polanski.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Marcade posted:

Really, the only font that shouldn't be around children is Times New Roman Polanski.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Ah, wangdings

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I just learned today there’s something called Ephemeral Tattoos that has studios in a few major US cities. They do tattoos with ink that fades after a year. Is this a new thing? I bet that guy who got the Mitt Romney logo on his head wishes that had been a thing.
https://ephemeral.tattoo

quote:

How does this ink fade on average?
After the tattoo is applied, enjoy your new art at its full vibrancy. After a few months, you may see it starting to fade. Our ink breaks down and is naturally removed from the body at a non-linear rate, which means that the fade may be drastic at first and then appear to be slowing later.

70% of Ephemeral customers can expect their fade to complete in under two years.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Ralph Hurley posted:

I just learned today there’s something called Ephemeral Tattoos that has studios in a few major US cities. They do tattoos with ink that fades after a year. Is this a new thing? I bet that guy who got the Mitt Romney logo on his head wishes that had been a thing.
https://ephemeral.tattoo

Here's a review from the Brooklyn location that I found on Google:

quote:

Amazing atmosphere and staff and great experience but thats about where it all ends. I expected to have a difference in the tattoo as the snake shedding was supposed to be more visible and thinner and the tattoo itself should have had fine lines as well that could be visible to an eye so that it wouldn’t look so poorly as it does now. Despite getting tattoos before, this was twice as painful as any tattoo, due to the ink not penetrating as efficiently as regular tattoo ink, making my artist have to go over my tattoo multiple times. My tattoo has itched nonstop and has been so inflamed and hot to touch from the 3rd day I got it. I’m now on my 5th week and not only have I not had improvements but the tattoo is so raised people don’t even think its real. It was an overpriced tattoo, and although the idea is great it’s not worth the amount I payed for to not get what I expected and to end up in pain and itchiness that has continued 1+ month. I honestly wouldn’t recommend this, theres no reason to pay this much for a tattoo if it may last me less than a year but it may not even be healed until it starts fading and has these many issues as well as lack of experienced tattoo artists. The ink situation really needs to be relooked at and worked on if the case really is the ink.

The problem is, it's supposed to fade after a year but there's only a few reviews that are...well, a year old. :shrug:

quote:

I had the best experience at Ephemeral. I have a tattoo already, but I wanted one I knew would be gone/ not visible for a big event in about a year. Claudio gave me the cutest best little tattoo on the back of my arm which I get so many compliments on. From start to finish I felt comfortable and enjoyed the space. Highly recommend if you are not sure about a full permanent ink yet!

:psyduck:

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 05:06 on Feb 24, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

We dunked on them earlier in this thread.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Stop clinging on to opinions from 2004.

Times New Roman has been my companion through many trials (and in some way loathed for that) but now I use it exclusively. It suits my curmudgeonly nature.

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Field Mousepad posted:

Is that cancer? It's gotta be cancer

Sorta, it's a fibroma, a benign skin tumor. I have one on the back, 99% of the time they are just a cosmetic problem unless they start to change colors or bleed etc.
You know the two big nubs Lemmy Kilmister had on his face? Same thing.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well now that you say that it's all I can see. She gobblin' that rear end.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Marcade posted:

Ah, wangdings

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

Marcade posted:

Ah, wingdongs

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Apologies for Instagram link, someone has some feelings about Fort Polk, Louisiana.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpH4dG9vn2p/?igshid=NzAzN2Q1NTE=

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I would never get that tattoo, but it's perfectly understandable that somebody has.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I gather a lot of people share that sentiment about fort polk.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

>4k likes? :wtc: