Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

To be clear, I'm the CD mod so I have no power over PYF, I just made the request

surely there was a reason attached instead of just a big red X stamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I can imagine the answer literally being "no" without any qualifiers tbh

dont
Dec 18, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i would simply start moderating against direct admin orders. if they shitcan you, its entirely their problem and your gain lol.

like. theyre just objectively wrong and stupid. why would i do what they say lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

symbolic posted:

PYF completely opaque administration choice

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
prag you should let your finger slip on jeffs nuke but for the most active thread in the admin forum

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

MacheteZombie posted:

I was told no when I asked for it be ungassed so fire away on an OP

lmfaoooooo

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
these malcontents have taken our thread mocking them and turned it on its head!!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Posted with joy in one's heart. User is offered a final cigarette as the firing squad loads their rifles.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

symbolic posted:

User is offered a final cigarette

definitely not

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

hey helloheartwhatever what's your take on this

I know you opened that thread as a lovely jab but it seemed like it was doing good, how do you feel about this unwarranted attack

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i just realized spr's probe is on a post thats almost 3 days old and like 10 pages back in the random thread hand knit hit

they just scoured for any vague m-word post they could find because she was posting anywhere at all again, the greatest sin

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Violen posted:

definitely not

ah, good catch, we have to endear the site to modern internet culture

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Posted with joy in one's heart. User is offered a final vape hit as the firing squad loads their rifles.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

MacheteZombie posted:

I was told no when I asked for it be ungassed so fire away on an OP

lmao

Violen posted:

i just realized spr's probe is on a post thats almost 3 days old and like 10 pages back in the random thread hand knit hit

they just scoured for any vague m-word post they could find because she was posting anywhere at all again, the greatest sin

double lmao

what the gently caress is going on here lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i was just quipping about no concessions but lol all the same

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Violen posted:

At least tonsofun's doing it themselves now instead of begging Rhino to do it for them so they can avoid blowback lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the m word

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Violen posted:

Jesus loving christ this website

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
So there was never any reason given to why the museum thread that had earnest posting despite itself was gassed, and no you're not allowed to ungas it and keep posting earnestly about museums, which is extremely funny.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Violen posted:

my PYF feedback is that it would be nice if spr could be posting right now, in PYF

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

see you guys on the other side :negative:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Said an IK of a different forum was fat. User loses museum privileges for 30-50 years.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Every dumbass thing the mods/admins do just shows more and more how spiteful and vindictive they are

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
maybe they thought the picture of the Enola Gay was a dogwhistle

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

take away the arrowhead exhibit first, make it sting

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i like the new rule that we have to kiss kitconstntine's huge pockmarked stinking rear end in a top hat now :D

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Gotta say, as somebody that almost never posts I think this bold strategy of punishing the funny people that post interesting things with their friends for inscrutable reasons is really going to pay off for the admins.

I’m certainly inspired to tell all my friends to come hang out on this forum that’s safe from the kind of people that think running an obvious mutual aid scam is a bad thing, or that maybe it’s bad for someone’s mental health to watch war footage like it’s a friggin ESPN highlights show.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Hand poo poo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its going to be awesome when probations for mod sass come back and we get to relive the last 10 years of the most fail forums on the internet

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not really keen on buying avatars etc if there's a decent chance someone gets a panic attack from a post about fossils and probates the nearest twenty users for a month

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Violen posted:

loving hell

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

what's the m word, lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Crespolini posted:

what's the m word, lol

we already have m*lquetoast so maybe m*seum is a level beyond that

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Μουσεῖον

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

oh right, i forgot about m****toast. was thinking something else and getting confused

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Swan Lake Algae Problem posted:

Gotta say, as somebody that almost never posts I think this bold strategy of punishing the funny people that post interesting things with their friends for inscrutable reasons is really going to pay off for the admins.

I’m certainly inspired to tell all my friends to come hang out on this forum that’s safe from the kind of people that think running an obvious mutual aid scam is a bad thing, or that maybe it’s bad for someone’s mental health to watch war footage like it’s a friggin ESPN highlights show.

I'm going to resetera where jokes are legal

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Might as well just post it here since the site moderation has gone to poo poo and the pending "feedback forum" is a comically transparent farce, but this is probably the worst place to talk about being gay/queer than any other social circle, irl or otherwise, because of how insultingly fragile all my supposed allies are. How am I supposed to talk about serious life bullshit with people like this lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Control Volume posted:

Might as well just post it here since the site moderation has gone to poo poo and the pending "feedback forum" is a comically transparent farce, but this is probably the worst place to talk about being gay/queer than any other social circle, irl or otherwise, because of how insultingly fragile all my supposed allies are. How am I supposed to talk about serious life bullshit with people like this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I think it says something that the gay and trans threads are in the forum explicitly for poo poo that the mods don't want to deal with. As opposed to implicitly don't want to deal with