Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MacheteZombie posted:

I was told no when I asked for it be ungassed so fire away on an OP

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Is there a sticky in the mod forum stating that the opposite of good ideas is the directive

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Might as well just post it here since the site moderation has gone to poo poo and the pending "feedback forum" is a comically transparent farce, but this is probably the worst place to talk about being gay/queer than any other social circle, irl or otherwise, because of how insultingly fragile all my supposed allies are. How am I supposed to talk about serious life bullshit with people like this lol

Don’t worry friend they know best.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Control Volume posted:

Might as well just post it here since the site moderation has gone to poo poo and the pending "feedback forum" is a comically transparent farce, but this is probably the worst place to talk about being gay/queer than any other social circle, irl or otherwise, because of how insultingly fragile all my supposed allies are. How am I supposed to talk about serious life bullshit with people like this lol

i dont discuss stuff like that here cuz SA isnt the place for most serious discussion+i'm rather comfortable w/ my identity, but it does make me sigh a bit when ppl who earnestly believe in witchcraft or equate referencing someone's previous username to loving deadnaming try to hide their ignorance/virtue signaling behind being LGBTQ+

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

"imagine hating women this much" is possibly the single stupidest, most tone deaf post on this website.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i cast a spell of good moderation on the forums in the revived cspam witchcraft thread but i dont think it worked

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sometimes people who are extremely queer are Cringe and its usually harmless because its frequently like teenagers figuring poo poo about themselves out or something. unfortunately if they are loud enough they end up dominating discussions because of weird social dynamics, especially ones about "elevating voices" or whatever. this happens with mental health/minority discussions too and it's rear end.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
mental health discussions are great because people with significant mental health problems get ignored due to usually having poor social skills, so instead they end up being focused on how having Danganronpa characters living in your head is exactly the same as severe schizophrenia or DID

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Violen posted:

i just realized spr's probe is on a post thats almost 3 days old and like 10 pages back in the random thread hand knit hit

they just scoured for any vague m-word post they could find because she was posting anywhere at all again, the greatest sin

This is the same poo poo they did to Synthy. Jeff hit a post in FYAD like 2+ weeks ago. Someone is just combing through people’s post histories for stuff to feed to ~certain mods-

3 days for calling someone “fat” is ridiculous.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
kinda seeming like the moderation team is working on behalf of like ,1-3 people at this point instead of the rest of the users

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Either they're purposefully combing through post histories or someone is tattling to the grownups. Either way it's stupid as gently caress

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fuckin hell

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

kinda seeming like the moderation team is working on behalf of like ,1-3 people at this point instead of the rest of the users

There are a lot more mods and admins than that

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

fuckin lol

It's truly awesome that when admins make a decision on this site it's entirely through the lens of "is this a posting friend who needs to be saved, or a posting enemy who needs to be punished"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Like, they are clearly targeting SPR and just hitting her with punitive disproportionate bullshit.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Control Volume posted:

There are a lot more mods and admins than that

yeah, but they seem to be hitting the critics of the same few people the hardest

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I am glad the admins are active, just in bad ways that don't make any sense. It'd be terrible if they did normal things.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Hunting down the ex-IK's posts to probe them over it is the most pathetic thing imaginable and is exactly the thing people have been telling the mods/admins that it makes them seem vindictive and spiteful rather than interested in community management

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It's a hard balancing act to appear disinterested and absent but also very focused on punishment.

I am.amazed the admins can pull it off.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's a hard balancing act to appear disinterested and absent but also very focused on punishment.

I am.amazed the admins can pull it off.

To be fair, the benefits of being an admin must be insanely nice what with how often theyre Just Starting Their Vacation every time drama happens on the forums.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Control Volume posted:

To be fair, the benefits of being an admin must be insanely nice what with how often theyre Just Starting Their Vacation every time drama happens on the forums.

Are admins selected not based on even temperament and love of the community, but the ability to take vacations at the exact wrong times? Is Wilhelm II's cruise to the North Sea an example?

It suddenly makes sense.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TheSwizzler posted:

yeah, but they seem to be hitting the critics of the same few people the hardest

I think the joke was that the mods/admins are acting in their own interest

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Skypie posted:

Hunting down the ex-IK's posts to probe them over it is the most pathetic thing imaginable and is exactly the thing people have been telling the mods/admins that it makes them seem vindictive and spiteful rather than interested in community management

Yeah. Anyone doing this sort of poo poo should not be moderating anyone.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Are admins selected not based on even temperament and love of the community, but the ability to take vacations at the exact wrong times? Is Wilhelm II's cruise to the North Sea an example?

they are unfortunately selected based on the powerful fecal smell they constantly exude in real life. the stronger it is, the more authority they are offered in the heirarchy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Every dumbass thing the mods/admins do just shows more and more how spiteful and vindictive they are

Community management doesn't loving work when you hate the community.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol that the admins are ignoring mods in the mod forum but proving they're still active on the site and clearly reading this thread by probating people like SPR

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
What do the admins even want? What is their desired outcome? What ends do they hope to achieve through their actions?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

lol. yep, definitely 100% believe each of these is exactly for the reasons stated and no others. for sure.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

What do the admins even want? What is their desired outcome? What ends do they hope to achieve through their actions?

they want this thread to run even longer so they can come in exasperated about how impossible it was to keep up with this thread

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Jose posted:

lol that the admins are ignoring mods in the mod forum but proving they're still active on the site and clearly reading this thread by probating people like SPR

rapidly losing hope in this website pulling out of this series of unforced tailspin-like errors before it's totally emptied out of any content worth paying any amount of money to view or participate in, tbh

Chick Counterfly
Jan 9, 2023

by Hand Knit

This is the main question I have at this point, it kinda seems like they hate the site and most of the people who post on it, why are they even admins for it? It seems like a pain in the rear end job to do.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Maybe if they just asked everyone nicely to leave the site, they wouldn’t have to moderate anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lol the mods and admins saw a post like "Wow, that sounds like a cool zoo! I live in the area, maybe I'll go check it out sometime." And they spazzed out and said they were "Planning a IRL forum invasion."