Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Chick Counterfly posted:

This is the main question I have at this point, it kinda seems like they hate the site and most of the people who post on it, why are they even admins for it? It seems like a pain in the rear end job to do.

Me doing the bloodborne “make contact” gesture in front of Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

Me doing the bloodborne “make contact” gesture in front of Fluffdaddy

The Asylum Demon isn't in Bloodborne.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fsmhunk posted:

Lol the mods and admins saw a post like "Wow, that sounds like a cool zoo! I live in the area, maybe I'll go check it out sometime." And they spazzed out and said they were "Planning a IRL forum invasion."

the sagas thread has radicalised the posters...

Chick Counterfly
Jan 9, 2023

by Hand Knit
Is it just for the sake of maintaining years-long forum grudges do you think? Like if they stepped down from the job they hate it would be admitting defeat in the least important fight of all time?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Chick Counterfly posted:

This is the main question I have at this point, it kinda seems like they hate the site and most of the people who post on it, why are they even admins for it? It seems like a pain in the rear end job to do.

That's not even the vibe I get, because that would be a consistent direction. There's no consistency. No choices make any goddamn sense.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Chick Counterfly posted:

Is it just for the sake of maintaining years-long forum grudges do you think? Like if they stepped down from the job they hate it would be admitting defeat in the least important fight of all time?

i honestly have no idea

it doesn't seem fun for them

sure af ain't fun for anyone else

has there been one single post actually backing the admin behavior that wasn't by someone who also advocates "rape horse" or keeps lists of their posting enemies? lol

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
wow im surprised this thread is still open time to catch up ooooooh my loving god

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The forum over the last 3 months reminds me exactly of the months running up to the removal of FYAD and the nuclear wasteland that followed.

Mods who only give a poo poo about their own personal fiefdoms, actively banning anyone they dislike for personal reasons while jeered on by discords full of their posting friends, backed up by admins actively hostile to the community whos response to anything is over the top reactive punishments.

The forums are even more insular than they were 12 months ago, are only going to get more insular with the default option being 'thread/forum ban' now and actively driving off anyone who so much as questions it.

Following SPR around the forums to find posts worthy of further probations is petty as poo poo and gives me zero confidence in how the forum will be run in the future.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I ask, que bono, who benefits? I don't know who does.

Who likes this?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
we're all just living on borrowed time until we get banned for "mod sass" at this point anyway might as well make the most of it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I ask, que bono, who benefits? I don't know who does.

Who likes this?

The GBS weirdos who post things like Putin made boom boom in his diapey, I suppose

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
like, poo poo or get off the pot

the community isn't going to wait for the admins to get it together

it's just gonna leave

not only the people who are vocal about this stuff either - if this many people are willing to voice their upset this many times?

there's a lot of people who feel the same way who aren't, but will once the people saying what they were gonna say leave, then they'll leave too

this isn't something that can be fixed by ignoring it

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i wish there was another forum we could migrate to but bnr is frankly embarrassing and i dunno that anyone else feels like running one

i guess we'll just splinter into discords

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i guess we'll just splinter into discords

Well that’s a no from me.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Any community with this many posters is going to experience friction. It's inevitable. They're going to be mad at each other. They're going to be mad at the mods for weighing in, no matter which way.

The point isn't to create a community that's peaceful and sedate. The goal is not zero reports.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

pee pee poo poo

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
and I'm saying this as someone with zero established beef with any mods or admins on this website, not part of a Crew, i just like the somethingawful forums and have for like twenty years, but I'm about ready to just get cool people's contact info and bounce like it's the peak of the brain damaged pill poppin lowtax era

this isn't fun and it's not worth putting my free time into -and I'm unemployed lmao- because you don't know which mod will hate that people are having fun and destroy it utterly

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

FirstnameLastname posted:

like, poo poo or get off the pot

the community isn't going to wait for the admins to get it together

it's just gonna leave

not only the people who are vocal about this stuff either - if this many people are willing to voice their upset this many times?

there's a lot of people who feel the same way who aren't, but will once the people saying what they were gonna say leave, then they'll leave too

this isn't something that can be fixed by ignoring it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If only there was a place to ask some Questions, make some Comments, and provide Suggestions about all this....

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

erosion posted:

i hesitate to even post this but I have no friends, so

I work with this woman, and I've always been enamored with her. but not her, exactly, just specifically her body. I don't know her very well at all because she works in another department but she seems nice.

but her body. I mean, drat. her uniform is juuust tight enough, and she THICC.

and I find out she's single. me, I'm happily married, and I'm sure she has no interest, but I WANT THAT BOOTY.

it's weird to me because usually I care more about the whole package but I've never been more attracted to a woman's body.

professionalism is very important but it can be difficult at times.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Thread/subforum bans shouldn't even be a thing. If somebody is being a shithead, handle it. If they're willing to stop being a shithead it should be allowed, and even celebrated.

Like, Erosion has demonstrated multiple times in this very thread that they're a useless, disingenuous, fucker who only posts in PYF to start poo poo. But if they ever put in the effort to stop being a complete pile of trash, and wanted to participate in PYF threads on an honest level, that's a good thing.

EDIT: well lol @ that happening while I was typing.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

How do you make a post this unhappy?

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lmfao, our asses are getting owmed by 'The Friendless Pervert.'

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think things have been far worse in the past but it's really discouraging to see old behaviors coming back, and like no effort to fix this. like anyone with a brain can tell that the lack of communication with the admin staff is a problem, and that's not difficult to fix, but instead we get all this

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The thing is mods / admins shouldn’t be “trolling” people or making mock threads. That’s just lovely behavior.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Feels Villeneuve posted:

and that's not difficult to fix, but instead we get all this

This is where I am at, the correct choices have been so obvious but they seem to be specifically avoiding them, to the benefit of no one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

i dont discuss stuff like that here cuz SA isnt the place for most serious discussion+i'm rather comfortable w/ my identity, but it does make me sigh a bit when ppl who earnestly believe in witchcraft or equate referencing someone's previous username to loving deadnaming try to hide their ignorance/virtue signaling behind being LGBTQ+
one time someone went on a giant tear about how i was clearly a transphobe because i typed transwoman instead of trans woman in a five word lowercase post i made on my phone

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This is where I am at, the correct choices have been so obvious but they seem to be specifically avoiding them, to the benefit of no one.

it's to hold onto their mismanaged and undeserved authority because they know that any reasonable changes would involve a lot of them losing it

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

FirstnameLastname posted:

rapidly losing hope in this website pulling out of this series of unforced tailspin-like errors before it's totally emptied out of any content worth paying any amount of money to view or participate in, tbh

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Endorph posted:

one time someone went on a giant tear about how i was clearly a transphobe because i typed transwoman instead of trans woman in a five word lowercase post i made on my phone

lol

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Me and three dozen of my Posting Pals "What even is a brigade?"

Can't imagine why the community might be hesitant to stand against your bullshit.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I agree they shouldn't, but only because 90% of them aren't funny and can't make a good troll.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

lmfao

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

MarcusSA posted:

The thing is mods / admins shouldn’t be “trolling” people or making mock threads. That’s just lovely behavior.

moreso because they are insanely, impossibly bad at it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lol that guy got probed by FYAD a dozen times 5-10 years ago, no wonder he lives off spite reserves

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

MarcusSA posted:

i think it's totally fine and good for mods/admins to troll people by just posting like everyone else does but they can't help themselves and they use their buttons instead and they don't get why everyone's mad because it was just a joke so they clam up, refuse to explain themselves and fill the leper's colony with bullshit

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

erosion posted:

Can't imagine why the community might be hesitant to stand against your bullshit.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
my community is just out of frame, with my friends

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

christ lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

erosion posted:

Please, present your list, the whole package

professionalism is very important