Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Part of me hates it because this AI voice stuff skeeves me out and in some ways, strikes me as low effort.

But also I'm laughing.

The people making videos like this are the real-life equivalent of Ana Bray, trying to teach the machine to be shitposter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

yes.

you will be able to use gear though- ie. you get an exotic from paid content on pc, you can use it on console

but if you want to access the activities, you need to rebuy.

I forget how stasis works.

I know this won’t change but drat if it’s not annoying.

Sometimes I just want to play in the living room.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
don't you get access to all the seasons and maybe dungeons cross platform? maybe that doesn't work with the annual pass though

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Black Griffon posted:

I'm gonna start a church of "refuse to learn/intentionally ignore the systems" because some of y'all need this thembo jesus

There are certainly enough posters in this thread to serve as a healthy population for this church, but you may have to do battle for the top spot. Start revving up those terrible takes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the only church i'm a part of is the church of the fighting lion. i will never subscribe to your heathen faith

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I have a valid excuse, I'm too stupid to engage with the systems

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

the only church i'm a part of is the church of the fighting lion. i will never subscribe to your heathen faith

:hmmyes:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

I have a valid excuse, I'm too stupid to engage with the systems

:yeah:

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Kith posted:

Our Lord Lion giveth and taketh in equal measure (cut to video of me either getting to launch 3 out of the tube in quick succession or watching the beautiful reload animation at 0 stat)

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Forward_Bee posted:

There are certainly enough posters in this thread to serve as a healthy population for this church, but you may have to do battle for the top spot. Start revving up those terrible takes.

There will only be good takes because our only take is "haha don't worry about it man (gender non-specific) let's just shoot some stuff :)".

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Someone was trying to explain to me the console positions for the DSC fuse encounter and even with the map up on my screen I had to suggest someone else take the basement because I'm just too stupid to match the map on my screen to my mental map of where I am in the room now

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They just unlocked Witch Queen for everyone (until the 26th)

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Trying to decide what to main for this cycle of Destiny 2. I usually just pick one class for an expansion and stick with it since I realized that playing every class at once is lethal to my enjoyment of the game. I've been getting a little weary of Titan since it basically has one build (grenades and Heart of Inmost Light), so how are Hunters and Warlocks right now?

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Whirling posted:

Trying to decide what to main for this cycle of Destiny 2. I usually just pick one class for an expansion and stick with it since I realized that playing every class at once is lethal to my enjoyment of the game. I've been getting a little weary of Titan since it basically has one build (grenades and Heart of Inmost Light), so how are Hunters and Warlocks right now?

warlock main: feels good. Every subclass has at least one thing going for it and even middling elements of the kits like chaos reach can put in work in the right scenarios. Strandlock also looks crazy

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

warlock is the easy recommend, they're superb in pve and lol@pvp rn

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Warlock feels like the “true” destiny class as opposed to a crayon eating John-69420 titan or boring rear end hunter

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

abraham linksys posted:

don't you get access to all the seasons and maybe dungeons cross platform? maybe that doesn't work with the annual pass though

Yes, unless something changes going forward, you only need season passes and dungeon access on one platform to be able to play them on all. I bought WQ Deluxe on my PS4 but ended up playing most of the seasonal content on PC. (Later I bought WQ non-deluxe on a Steam sale so I could play throne world content on the PC also.)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hobnob posted:

Yes, unless something changes going forward, you only need season passes and dungeon access on one platform to be able to play them on all. I bought WQ Deluxe on my PS4 but ended up playing most of the seasonal content on PC. (Later I bought WQ non-deluxe on a Steam sale so I could play throne world content on the PC also.)

Oh well what exactly would be locked out if I play my Pc version on the console?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Oh well what exactly would be locked out if I play my Pc version on the console?

The actual expansion content, including any class associated with it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The actual expansion content, including any class associated with it.

So like the main story quests then? Got it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

So like the main story quests then? Got it.

I think the destination may be restricted. Stuff like the raid and strikes from the expansion area would be locked as well.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I hope Titan stays immortal in Solar during Lightfall. I've been playing more on my Hunter cause I think the new Strand super looks amazing and I die a bit more often because my hunter feels like he's made of paper. I did the final story mission on my hunter and died a few times in the last room by being to hasty and just getting caught out in bad spots. Did it later on my titan and never faced danger because either I had a hammer to kill thrall with or had my class ability to save me. I just waded through rooms and stood right in the middle of people and it felt great.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ChaosReaper posted:

I hope Titan stays immortal in Solar during Lightfall. [...] my titan and never faced danger because either I had a hammer to kill thrall with or had my class ability to save me. I just waded through rooms and stood right in the middle of people and it felt great.

this is the way

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Is there a website where I can look up old guns that I should be keeping from the Leviathan Raid era?

I've got a lot of guns in my stash and I'm not sure if I should just scrap them all or keep them all, or keep some, or what to do with them. It's a bit of a mess.

I'm of the mind that I should scrap anything that doesn't have explosion/tracking/fast reload that isn't unique. Then just go with new guns.

Seems like I also shouldn't worry too much about previous season guns as it seems like there are very few legacy guns that cannot be replicated in some way in later seasons.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

And that guy said warlock is best? Titan best. Best damage, best healing, best pauldrons, best exotics, best sword, the list just goes on really.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They haven't (yet?) announced any changes to the loreley exotic or the restoration solar verb, which are the real reasons titans are impossible to kill. They should be fine

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Armor plated retards

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Titans aren’t real. Fake imaginary class? They’re not even the best at punching things!

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

Is there a website where I can look up old guns that I should be keeping from the Leviathan Raid era?

I've got a lot of guns in my stash and I'm not sure if I should just scrap them all or keep them all, or keep some, or what to do with them. It's a bit of a mess.

I'm of the mind that I should scrap anything that doesn't have explosion/tracking/fast reload that isn't unique. Then just go with new guns.

Seems like I also shouldn't worry too much about previous season guns as it seems like there are very few legacy guns that cannot be replicated in some way in later seasons.

If they don't have random perks, then you can pull a new copy of them out of your collections whenever you want. However, weapons that old are all sunset, which is designated by the expansion symbol in the upper left corner having a gray triangle. That means that they're capped at the minimum power level, and will be useless outside of basic patrol zones and some pvp modes. You can safely delete everything that's sunset.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Titans aren’t real. Fake imaginary class? They’re not even the best at punching things!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: Witch Queen is free until the 26th :siren:

https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1628824528133451777?s=46&t=qiZXIwNRUllPFl8Kqzwh_g

ETA: Looks like this means you only have access to the campaign/missions for the three days, but you do keep any exotics/gear you get.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 23, 2023

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Then just embrace your inner pubbie and ignore all buildcraft. No-one can stop you.

I wish I could just ignore building around anti-champ poo poo but it’s fuckin miserable when zero people in the party have a champ counter.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

ponzicar posted:

If they don't have random perks, then you can pull a new copy of them out of your collections whenever you want. However, weapons that old are all sunset, which is designated by the expansion symbol in the upper left corner having a gray triangle. That means that they're capped at the minimum power level, and will be useless outside of basic patrol zones and some pvp modes. You can safely delete everything that's sunset.

I guess I have some busy work to do then. Thanks.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

PERMACAV 50 posted:

:siren: Witch Queen is free until the 26th :siren:

https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1628824528133451777?s=46&t=qiZXIwNRUllPFl8Kqzwh_g

ETA: Looks like this means you only have access to the campaign/missions for the three days, but you do keep any exotics/gear you get.

"All 14 exotics"

Good luck getting the exotic glaive patterns and/or Collective Obligation to drop in 3 days!

Definitely worth getting Osteo Striga and possibly Parasite, though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TWAB up and it details the Artifact for the season:
For Anti-champs:
Anti Barrier Sidearms & Pulse
Overload Bows & AR+SMG
Unstop Scout
for the typical stuff.

Then this in the last column:

quote:

Medieval Champion - Glaives you wield fire a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants. Strong against Unstoppable Champions. Additionally, Glaives are always Overcharged when that modifier is active. Landing consecutive hits with a Sword disrupts combatants, stunning them, delaying ability energy regeneration, and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions. Additionally, Swords are always Overcharged when that modifier is active.

Additionally, there's an artifact perk that makes it so certain origin traits also count for Overcharged, so that's even more weapons for that pool.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
if i understand correctly, the anti champ mods also confer overcharge status? seems like there will be a lot of ways to get the bonus so it probably won't be too restrictive

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Paracelsus posted:

"All 14 exotics"

Good luck getting the exotic glaive patterns and/or Collective Obligation to drop in 3 days!

Definitely worth getting Osteo Striga and possibly Parasite, though.

Plus the armor pieces that you can farm from lost sectors!

Anyway, good news and bad for PvP

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

The PvP changes are probably necessary because of one-click loadout swaps.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Surprised they don't lock your loadout for trials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, why not use the existing modifier instead of a brand new one? Is there some legendary swapping meta I'm not aware of?

Maybe they want people to be able to swap once they see the other team's composition, but technical hurdles prevent them from delaying the loadout lock until after that point