Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Violen posted:

my community is just out of frame, with my friends

the mouse in his pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

erosion posted:

Me and three dozen of my Posting Pals "What even is a brigade?"

Can't imagine why the community might be hesitant to stand against your bullshit.

Not everyone is as brave as you... Come to think of it, are you currently part of any Forum Brigades? Would you like to be?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

rydiafan posted:

Thread/subforum bans shouldn't even be a thing. If somebody is being a shithead, handle it. If they're willing to stop being a shithead it should be allowed, and even celebrated.

Like, Erosion has demonstrated multiple times in this very thread that they're a useless, disingenuous, fucker who only posts in PYF to start poo poo. But if they ever put in the effort to stop being a complete pile of trash, and wanted to participate in PYF threads on an honest level, that's a good thing.

EDIT: well lol @ that happening while I was typing.

Fwiw they’re a lovely PYF troll running rampant because SPR isn’t here to probe them. Probably a solid candidate for “first PYF forumban ever”

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol at capitalizing Posting Pals because he can't understand the concept of having a friend

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

symbolic posted:

lol that guy got probed by FYAD a dozen times 5-10 years ago, no wonder he lives off spite reserves

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think things have been far worse in the past but it's really discouraging to see old behaviors coming back, and like no effort to fix this. like anyone with a brain can tell that the lack of communication with the admin staff is a problem, and that's not difficult to fix, but instead we get all this

You're right that we're not at the 'close entire subforums & ban users based on entirely fabricated nonsense from legitimately insane people' territory yet. But you can draw a fairly straight line based on current trajectory.

We're at level 'Begrudgingly punish our friends while nuking the people pointing out their weirdness' .

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Pablo's Posting Pals

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

erosion posted:

Can't imagine why the community might be hesitant to stand against your bullshit.

What exactly is our bullshit? Is it that we don't want weirdo GBS dudes to post about what they get boners to?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

erosion posted:

when was the last time someone was pleased to see you irl?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

tryin' real hard to make "posting pals" happen, like a smarxist post, but dumber.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

I wouldn't even mind if it was funny or mocking, but the overall weepy seething tone is quite pathetic, like motherfucker how are you capable of making your voice crack in text?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

erosion posted:

there were lik 4 posters from the pyf sagas thread in the ukraine thread and they made like a dozen posts between them

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

erosion posted:

"A lot of people agree with each other. It must be because they're a cult/crew/cabal, and not because the truth is easy and obvious to agree upon."

Frank Frank posted:

Fwiw they’re a lovely PYF troll running rampant because SPR isn’t here to probe them. Probably a solid candidate for “first PYF forumban ever”

I know what they are, but I dream of a world where they would be banned/probed constantly for doing this poo poo, but would be allowed to come back when they stopped.

As opposed to the current reality, where they suffer no punishment at all, but thread bans are used as a bullshit way to punish people the admins hate.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Why don't the admins enjoy our endless bitching, rabble rousing, and abuse? I guess we'll never know!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

erosion posted:

The issue isn't the brigade you absolute clown-creature, it's the incredible sequence of events leading to the brigade even existing!

If I post about how it's stupid as poo poo that QCS is still closed, is it suddenly invalid because 36 other people agree with me? How insane!

God, "posting pals," what petty tribalism. I mostly post about Magic: The Gathering for God's sake but insane stupid horseshit keeps happening and I want this community to not trip on infinite rakes! But it's ok that all wrong choices are made because too many people disagree about it!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I loving hate rabble-rousing.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

NoiseAnnoys posted:

tryin' real hard to make "posting pals" happen, like a smarxist post, but dumber.

posting pals are to be assigned at an authorized posting pal registry, one pal pair for each, according to common interests, posting styles, and contrasting qualities brought to a thread.
It is a bond that lasts for life, and is not to be taken lightly!

Fraudulently labeling or otherwise depicting emotional support posters as posting pals is punishable by up to three years detention in bust rodds post history

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

erosion posted:

Why don't the admins enjoy our endless bitching, rabble rousing, and abuse? I guess we'll never know!
op are you still mad that the sagas thread stopped you from getting scammed out of seven bucks a month

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

erosion posted:

"The stormtroopers would stop abusing the protestors if they'd just stop protesting the beatings."

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Endorph posted:

there were lik 4 posters from the pyf sagas thread in the ukraine thread and they made like a dozen posts between them

one of which was posting in the gbs ukraine threads as a regular before sagas and who continued to do so but still got hit with a probe for forums invasion lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

rydiafan posted:

"A lot of people agree with each other. It must be because they're a cult/crew/cabal, and not because the truth is easy and obvious to agree upon."

I know what they are, but I dream of a world where they would be banned/probed constantly for doing this poo poo, but would be allowed to come back when they stopped.

As opposed to the current reality, where they suffer no punishment at all, but thread bans are used as a bullshit way to punish people the admins hate.

this poster will be dinged and to restore balance to the universe, Larry Parrish will get 30 days for a forgotten post he made 3 years ago

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i fursonally think a lot of issues involving people getting really mad at the m*derators could be solved if they started communicating again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i fursonally think a lot of issues involving people getting really mad at the m*derators could be solved if they started communicating again.
if what some of the mods have said in this thread is accurate i imagine some of the mods arent communicating because they dont know what the gently caress to say

youve seen it repeatedly with mods getting hung out to dry by the admins or the mods saying something and then the admins immediately doing something else

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

we're going to get communication in the form of this thread being locked for mumblemumble reasons & punishments doled out via shotgun scattershot approach

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

erosion posted:

What is your goal? You have no joy. You resent the angry for feeling angry. Do you want apathy? The utter, gnawing silence of the void?

What about this current state of affairs pleases you, that you would characterize dissenters as unjust?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Endorph posted:

op are you still mad that the sagas thread stopped you from getting scammed out of seven bucks a month

i would hope they are contributing to the very active new goon fund

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Endorph posted:

if what some of the mods have said in this thread is accurate i imagine some of the mods arent communicating because they dont know what the gently caress to say

youve seen it repeatedly with mods getting hung out to dry by the admins or the mods saying something and then the admins immediately doing something else

it's honestly probably this

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Absolutely ban the pedos and freaks but when you start driving off your core user base you're not going to get a flood of new accounts tomorrow to replace them. This isn't 2004.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

seattle thread got extremely funny for a while after that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

erosion posted:

Like dude I get that people can be a bit loud and obnoxious about things, but that's partly due to the way things have to be done here. We can email the admins of "hey there's a gross thread in GBS where the IK is also posting fetish poo poo" and nothing gets done until things go nuclear and we pick up the pieces. Anyone threatening the mods or directly insulting them is annoying and is just making things worse. But they're frustrated and that's how they express themselves so whatever

It's very clear that polite, well phrased and constructed posts are just flat out ignored so why bother spending the time to write 1000 words on something when "fuk u fat bithc" works better to call attention to something. I will say that you loving suck and are the type of mutant loser that I wish would stop expressing their opinion because you're stupid. gently caress you bitch

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

symbolic posted:

we're going to get communication in the form of this thread being locked for mumblemumble reasons & punishments doled out via shotgun scattershot approach

*reading the entrails in the mod forum, the only way of communication approved by the admins on mt. olympus*

the gods say... "museum thread".. no, wait, "no see'm thread"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You remember the mod leaks from the troubles and it was mod after mod celebrating for banning/probing someone the mod forum didn't like and actively looking for ways to ruin their experience on the forum?

Don't know why thats come to mind after seeing the PYF museum thread gassed because people were enjoying it.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

What is your goal? You have no joy. You resent the angry for feeling angry. Do you want apathy? The utter, gnawing silence of the void?

What about this current state of affairs pleases you, that you would characterize dissenters as unjust?

They're mad bout an imaginary conspiracy of chuds getting Plinkey's ponzi scheme shut down and swore a blood oath, that's p much the long and short of it

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's very clear that polite, well phrased and constructed posts are just flat out ignored so why bother spending the time to write 1000 words on something when "fuk u fat bithc" works better to call attention to something. I will say that you loving suck and are the type of mutant loser that I wish would stop expressing their opinion because you're stupid. gently caress you bitch

hmm. balanced and objective, i must declare.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Like dude I get that people can be a bit loud and obnoxious about things, but that's partly due to the way things have to be done here. We can email the admins of "hey there's a gross thread in GBS where the IK is also posting fetish poo poo" and nothing gets done until things go nuclear and we pick up the pieces. Anyone threatening the mods or directly insulting them is annoying and is just making things worse. But they're frustrated and that's how they express themselves so whatever

honestly, almost all these problems are easily addressed with dialogue and transparency. which is what makes it funny when they do the exact opposite and then get mad that people don't like it.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

TheSwizzler posted:

I wouldn't even mind if it was funny or mocking, but the overall weepy seething tone is quite pathetic, like motherfucker how are you capable of making your voice crack in text?

right? it's weird

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I loving hate rabble-rousing.

It's pretty funny to drop Jetmir off it

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

serious gaylord posted:

You remember the mod leaks from the troubles and it was mod after mod celebrating for banning/probing someone the mod forum didn't like and actively looking for ways to ruin their experience on the forum?

Don't know why thats come to mind after seeing the PYF museum thread gassed because people were enjoying it.

hell i remember the mod leaks since that were all this exact same thing lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

serious gaylord posted:

Those people never left. Makes you think about what's happening here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

honestly, almost all these problems are easily addressed with dialogue and transparency. which is what makes it funny when they do the exact opposite and then get mad that people don't like it.