Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

looking at the form that says 'bedevil Taskmaster?' and simply refusing to tick that box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Stoner Sloth posted:

far be it from me to threaten anyone, i am sure our Taskmasters are above such things, but i'm not even arguing the point about the fact I got NASA to take a photo (from freakin' space no less) which also shows an aurora. and let me tell you buddy, they were not easy to convince! i had to tell them it was for the sake of BYOB

i'm just saying that people have driven literally thousands of kilometers to try and rid themselves of The Curse... what people choose to do with that information is up to them :angel:

are you trying to put a curse on the taskmaster?? blasphemous

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Stoner Sloth

anyway bedevil(ing?ry?try?) aside, i thought that everyone did a great job with their rocks even if ar National Rock did get short shrift (curse worthy short shrift? who is to say! :iit:

Stoner Sloth

your friend sk posted:

are you trying to put a curse on the taskmaster?? blasphemous

quite the opposite friend, i'm trying to save them from curses which are said to bedevil those who disturb the sacred forces of Uluru - i love our Taskmaster and wouldn't want anything... unfortunate... to happen to them!

Stoner Sloth

lol you know when a word gets stuck in your brain 'bedevil' has gotten firmly lodged there... an early warning sign of a terrible curse taking place? who can say??

Stoner Sloth

i can be your bedevil :twisted: or your little beangle :angel:

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

There's something about you tonight Sloth, I just can't put my finger on it. Some strange, zesty attitude.

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Stoner Sloth

Charles Bukowski posted:

There's something about you tonight Sloth, I just can't put my finger on it. Some strange, zesty attitude.

that's just my radical, charismatic, bedevil-may-care aussie charm :australia:

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
be devil? or bed evil???

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Stoner Sloth

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

be devil? or bed evil???

better bedevil the bed evil you know

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Imagine I'm showing up today in a tracksuit and doing stretches off to the side of the Taskmaster set

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
snip

fps_nug fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 23, 2023

thanks 2 balls dildo

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
snip

thanks 2 balls dildo

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

mother of god

e: if only you could snip my memory

fps_nug

horsing around no longer

Snuff Melange posted:

mother of god

e: if only you could snip my memory

>:-)

thanks 2 balls dildo

Manifisto

Good morning! I hope you all are well rested and ready to take on another day of tasking!

Task 3

Hopefully you are familiar with the BYOB Goldmine. As wonderful as it is, it's missing something: your posts! Or more specifically, posts that you could have and possibly should have made in those goldmined threads!

Your task is to select a single thread--the best thread, from your perspective--from the BYOB Goldmine, and then write a single post (from you) that should have been in that thread. The combined best thread choice and best missing post wins! You have until 11:30AM Eastern to select your thread and post a link to the thread, along with the text of the post you think should have been included, ITT. That's an hour and a half away. Your time starts . . . now!

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3981248&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Escape From Noise posted:

Could... could I maybe be spooky?

Of course you can, buddy!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967710&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

your friend sk should have posted:

ribbit for her pleasure

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

biosterous

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3972890

biosterous posted:

i did a thing

i'm not sorry

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
official submission

thread: Should I go to a party in six hours

post that should have been included:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

A lot of solid entries this morning if you ask me, Alex

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

The BYOB Goldmine is a very special place full of beautiful threads that have been lovingly cultivated by the coolest and chillest of BYOB. With hundreds of threads to choose from I knew that only something truly spectacular was befitting of the presence, the wit, the grandeur of BYOB's Dark Queen Rarity. I have scoured every thread, nay every post and each one is worthy of praise but this led me to a dismal perplexion. How could I decide one thread on which to bestow my love when all our so deserving? So many wonderful OPs, so many wonderful creators, to choose a favourite between them would cause quite the brouhaha. Truly I was lost in confusion. But then it hit me, in order to pay real homage to the foremothers that have paved the roads on which I now walk there was only one legitimate contender. To recognise where we are going we have to recognise where we have been and therefore I had to go back. Back all the way to the very birth, nay the divine creation from which the BYOB Goldmine was formed. With that in mind it was time to write a post of such alacrity, such candid honesty, such eye-searing beauty that all who saw it would treasure the image in their memories for the rest of their days. Writing such a memorable screed may seem a formidable challenge but it is one I undertook with great fervour. Long did I rack my brains until the letters began to form, drawing themselves together in my mind as a message from a higher being. Such wisdom was designed to be imparted, finally I had found a post worthy of being celebrated in the halls of greatness in which our goldmine rests. So steel yourselves my orbs, for you are about to read what may - no, what must be - the greatest post in the history of our hallowed forums.

The thread:

Should I go to a party in six hours

The post:

Rarity posted:

Yes

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Manifisto

nice work so far, keep 'em coming! the deadline is in just a few minutes!

Manifisto

. . . aaand Task 3 is closed! thanks for all the entries, judging will begin shortly!

Manifisto

love it! my pulse is racing just looking at the photo. will he escape . . . from noise? Five points!

this gets a good heartly lol from me, and four points!

biosterous posted:

i'm not sorry

magnificent! five points!

:peanut: hopefully the vengabus came for our long-ago byob friends even without your addition. three points!

Rarity posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

The BYOB Goldmine is a very special place full of beautiful threads that have been lovingly cultivated by the coolest and chillest of BYOB. With hundreds of threads to choose from I knew that only something truly spectacular was befitting of the presence, the wit, the grandeur of BYOB's Dark Queen Rarity. I have scoured every thread, nay every post and each one is worthy of praise but this led me to a dismal perplexion. How could I decide one thread on which to bestow my love when all our so deserving? So many wonderful OPs, so many wonderful creators, to choose a favourite between them would cause quite the brouhaha. Truly I was lost in confusion. But then it hit me, in order to pay real homage to the foremothers that have paved the roads on which I now walk there was only one legitimate contender. To recognise where we are going we have to recognise where we have been and therefore I had to go back. Back all the way to the very birth, nay the divine creation from which the BYOB Goldmine was formed. With that in mind it was time to write a post of such alacrity, such candid honesty, such eye-searing beauty that all who saw it would treasure the image in their memories for the rest of their days. Writing such a memorable screed may seem a formidable challenge but it is one I undertook with great fervour. Long did I rack my brains until the letters began to form, drawing themselves together in my mind as a message from a higher being. Such wisdom was designed to be imparted, finally I had found a post worthy of being celebrated in the halls of greatness in which our goldmine rests. So steel yourselves my orbs, for you are about to read what may - no, what must be - the greatest post in the history of our hallowed forums.

The thread:

The post:

Rarity posted:

Yes

a quote of elegant simplicity, yet there is no dearth of heady things to say about it. would that we could turn back time to the simple but chaotic celebrations of yesteryear, when we were free of plagues, questionable leaders, and so many of the worries that have chafed at us in recent years, and encourage windy to go to that drat party! such a refined and sophisticated entry deserves a refined and sophisticated score. Three points!

Manifisto

Keep your eyes out for the next task, which will begin shortly! See you at around 12:30pm EST!

I think I am going to post the running totals at the end of each day, rather than after each task, unless people feel differently?

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

Rarity posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

The thread:

The post:

Good shout. I was looking at that one with something similar in mind, but then I fell back asleep and missed the whole thing.

biosterous

Manifisto posted:

Keep your eyes out for the next task, which will begin shortly! See you at around 12:30pm EST!

I think I am going to post the running totals at the end of each day, rather than after each task, unless people feel differently?

that feels like the way they do the totals at the end of each episode so yeah makes sense

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Goons Are Gifts

I'm so excited to see all our yobbers joining in on this fun, it's like the real taskmaster but with a beautiful online family!!

Manifisto

TASK 4

If you have spent any time in BYOB, you might have come across a reference to the glorious snail with human titties (also here). Not a BYOB mascot exactly (that job is reserved for the hammock kitten, PBUH) but definitely a favorite and much revered figure.

:nws:image of the snail:nws:

Your task is to build a statue (out of whatever materials may be handy) of the SWHT that befits its grandeur! Post a photo/image of the statue itt NO LATER THAN 3:00PM EST BUT NO EARLIER THAN 2:45PM EST. In other words, there is a roughly 15-minute window a little more than two hours from now to post your entry--don't post it before, and if you post it afterwards you'll be too late!

It galls me to have to do this, but out of an abundance of caution, if your entry contains NWS material, please use :nws: tags and link, rather than embed, your picture.

Your time starts . . . now!!

alnilam

:snailpop:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

oh no

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

:snailpop:

:eyepop:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

When this paper mache dries all you other competitors are going to feel PRETTY silly!

Charles Bukowski

I had a little too zesty of an evening and slept through task 1 completely this time. Oh well, I'm gonna nail this snail.

alnilam

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm gonna nail this snail.

Hey, get in line bub

Charles Bukowski

Heh, buddy, they don't even let Me gently caress the snailtits.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

the anticipation of posting my snailtits and seeing everyone else's snailtits is killing me.

Manifisto

okay, it's right around 2:45, time to post your snails! GOGOGOGOGO

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

1 sleeping bag
4 pillows
1 coat
1 backpack
2 jackets
1 bathrobe
1 duvet
1 cushion
1 bra
3 pairs of socks
2 earrings
2 empty toilet rolls

Doing Blue Peter proud :patriot:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.