Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Maximum stupid all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Buce posted:

i've worked in the railroad industry for my entire career, (heavy haul and transit) and if people knew what an unregulated mess it is, and how dire the state of our rail infrastructure is, they'd never get within 100 ft of a train or tracks.

Please. I've lived next to railroad tracks for five years now, and I've only ever seen two significant derailments. Trains going into emergency stop don't count as long as the issue is fixable by the crew.

The derailment of a Norfolk Southern coal train that left coal piled all over some poor farmer's field doesn't count either, that was on a totally different line I use to commute to work. Pretty neat seeing the aftermath with all of the busted hoppers piled up at the side of the tracks, though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Maximum stupid all the time

With seemingly minimum effort

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

withak posted:

Very important that girls learn that their bodies are gross.

Hell boys should be taught this too, have you seen the things bodies can do?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

I apologize then

It's all good :hfive:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

madmatt112 posted:

Hell boys should be taught this too, have you seen the things bodies can do?

bodies are disgusting, they can vote dem!!! yuck!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Buce posted:

i've worked in the railroad industry for my entire career, (heavy haul and transit) and if people knew what an unregulated mess it is, and how dire the state of our rail infrastructure is, they'd never get within 100 ft of a train or tracks.

What was the recently quoted statistic, a thousand derailments a day? That's nuts.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 23, 2023

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
me pissing on a fire i started and ordering mcdonalds: hello i would like to eat a big boy meal please
a random guy on fox news: wow amazing

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

No he loving doesn't. DOT could begin the process of reinstituting those regs at any time, a year ago or an hour from now. Blame Trump and Republicans for deregs sure, but don't pretend there is some barrier to administrative rule-making.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

snorch posted:

Eat each other.
Nobody cares about Mike Lindell. The majority of conservatives aggressively ignore his existence because it's necessary to manage their cognitive dissonance about Trump being a smart and good leader worth supporting and not a moron who was advised by pillow salesman

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

withak posted:

Very important that girls learn that their bodies are gross.

That's not their point. Their point is "men shouldn't see or hear about women's bodies, it's irrelevant".

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Buce posted:

What if I can't throw a rock 100 ft?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fuckin dead behind the eyes-rear end psychopathic mayonnaise-rear end secretary of transport-rear end fuckin bitch.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

That's not their point. Their point is "men shouldn't see or hear about women's bodies, it's irrelevant".

No it's one hundred percent the point. It's about control and making sure women are meek and ashamed of themselves at all times. A woman that grows up not ashamed of their body and rejects abstinence only bullshit is a woman that isn't going to vote republican.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

SocketWrench posted:

From what I read, can't remember where as I was forced to use Bing to search it, she was trying to suicide, halfassedly at best, but apparently she tried and the doctors saw the danger in letting her stay the way she was because it was damaging her psychologically. So her parents agreed to let them do things to help her. Now she's all pissed because she's out of that period of her life and is living with regrets. So rather than you know, look into options, she's raging against it and the right wing is all too happy to prop her on a pedestal. So now she gets constant reaffirmation that she is a victim of the left wing woke doctors instead of the physical and likely mental help she needs

Thanks. I don't really understand how gender dysphoria or whatever she suffered from can just- what, go away? Mostly I just found her talking about the beauty of motherhood, which is something that I, female, have never related to. It's difficult to have a shitload of sympathy because (1) I also had a rough time as a teenager due to undiagnosed mental issues so her saying that she missed out on a lot of things she should have experienced is . . . I mean, I missed those things too and by the time I was out of high school I barely cared, and (2) what were people supposed to think if she was self-harming and saying that she wanted to be a boy? Did she just say to her parents "yeah I don't like being a girl, here's something I read online" and multiple doctors said "Oh my God, she's trans and will kill herself if she doesn't get treatment far younger than it's usually done"? I'm sort of curious to see what the lawsuit turns up because if what she says is true then it's questionable behavior, at best, on multiple levels, and I really want to know what would have led doctors to believe that the situation was so serious.

jokes posted:

one only tells truth the other always tells lies

Oh, this reminds me of a joke I thought of and never got the chance to tell:

You come to a door, and two George Santoses are guarding it. One of them always lies. The other one of them always lies. Choose carefully.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

redm posted:

me pissing on a fire i started and ordering mcdonalds: hello i would like to eat a big boy meal please
a random guy on fox news: wow amazing

I miss Bob's Big Boy. That place was great.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

trickybiscuits posted:

Thanks. I don't really understand how gender dysphoria or whatever she suffered from can just- what, go away? Mostly I just found her talking about the beauty of motherhood, which is something that I, female, have never related to. It's difficult to have a shitload of sympathy because (1) I also had a rough time as a teenager due to undiagnosed mental issues so her saying that she missed out on a lot of things she should have experienced is . . . I mean, I missed those things too and by the time I was out of high school I barely cared, and (2) what were people supposed to think if she was self-harming and saying that she wanted to be a boy? Did she just say to her parents "yeah I don't like being a girl, here's something I read online" and multiple doctors said "Oh my God, she's trans and will kill herself if she doesn't get treatment far younger than it's usually done"? I'm sort of curious to see what the lawsuit turns up because if what she says is true then it's questionable behavior, at best, on multiple levels, and I really want to know what would have led doctors to believe that the situation was so serious.

I mean I'm no expert in the situation, and the details behind everything are basically few even from her, so forming a concrete story on her experience is pretty impossible at the time. To me it sounds like societal pressure beating on someone that couldn't cope with it (there is no shame in this) and the parents were desperate for a solution and doctors could only offer what they viewed as the best option to immediately work to help her.
This seems to be a failure of US mental help to actually help people that need it. And now when she still needs it the system is using her rather than helping her because a bunch of assholes decide trans is the new Satan.
I just hope after the guilty/innocent verdict or whatever comes she can finally be given the help she so desperately needs. Mental healthcare should be a right rather than an option that brands you as defected for life

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

No he loving doesn't. DOT could begin the process of reinstituting those regs at any time, a year ago or an hour from now. Blame Trump and Republicans for deregs sure, but don't pretend there is some barrier to administrative rule-making.

but why would I regulate my train brakes when I could use that money to buy my 7th yacht

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/azardey3/status/1628160815336460289

The guy in the second one was having a good laugh at the Americaban lady.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Last Call posted:

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I honestly wish I could carry this much carefree energy when faced with the absurdity of our modern life instead of just constantly wishing the meteors would come finish what they started 65 million years ago

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Last Call posted:

It's just not funny anymore. Watching insane mental illness destroy my kids future fuckin sucks.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Porque no los dos?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

The Last Call posted:

“I am a veteran” long pause “of a military family”

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

rafikki posted:

I caught this too.

Your spouse's job as a desk jockey in the army reserve in Florida doesn't make you a veteran you loving lunatic.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm a veteran of the Great Meme Wars of 2016.

War is hell.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm a veteran of the Great Meme Wars of 2016.

War is hell.

Thank you for your service

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hazo posted:

I caught this too.

Your spouse's job as a desk jockey in the army reserve in Florida doesn't make you a veteran you loving lunatic.

Never, ever tell this to an officer's spouse. They only know two things in this world:

1) their husband/wife is a hero and wins wars all by themself
2) they are just as fundamental a piece in winning those wars, if not moreso, than their spouse

jokes fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 23, 2023

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

America

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

rafikki posted:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

trickybiscuits posted:

Oh, this reminds me of a joke I thought of and never got the chance to tell:

You come to a door, and two George Santoses are guarding it. One of them always lies. The other one of them always lies. Choose carefully.

*thinks hard* okay... I ask George Santos: "will the other George help manage my charity for rehoming anxious Bichon Frisés"

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

james' hetfields, nooo!

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

loling that that's not EVEN a participation trophy, it's an "I know someone who participated" trophy.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm a proud rememberer of desert storm. i still have the scars.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Buce posted:

I had to listen to that goddamn desert shield song on the radio OVER and OVER and OVER again. Where's my yellow ribbon medal?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Buce posted:

thank u for ur service 🫡

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
A friend of mine is in the army, can I glean a little privilege and respect from this or no?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I shot myself at the end of Spec Ops: The Line and I still bear the emotional scars to this very day

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Personally I'm a Proud Acquaintance of a Civilian Retired from Working at the Pentagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

I played Call of Duty 2 when it came out for the first time and my knees hurt