Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lux Animus posted:

Hi - I've been posting in the Trump thread more and move over the last couple months, and they've been rather welcoming! It moves very fast, which is one reason why some people (nosy-neighbor types, mostly?) might dislike it.

The posters there are largely an amusing and irreverent lot with similar senses of humor and leftish politics. There are personalities that grate against each other and complain like a pair of roommate cats might, but the mood is generally one of levity intended to shitpost away the existential blues of modern life while also posting recent news stories and funny twitter posts and so on. "Main Character Syndrome" is something that doesn't last long within that group, as there have been historically many bans and burnouts from the self-aggrandizing-posting crowd that hung out in the trump threads in the past.

Dunno what the problem some have with it or its posters nowadays, other than it's insular enough with its poster-lore that I agree it's like a different sub-channel of CSPAM, like the channel with the cartoons under the newscorp's larger media umbrella.
they are reactionary jerks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

trump thread posters can only be rehabilitated through hard labor

figuring out all the funny ways to misspell GULAG

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

i am willing to accept one trump thread poster into my tutelage

i nominate buddykins, let's see what you do with him

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!
they must approach me of their own volition

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

there's always a catch, you're as bad as a rehab center

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you can rehabilitate anyone if you have a metal bat around

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

CODChimera posted:

they are reactionary jerks
I mean if u show them a pic of a hot person, then yeah I'd call them that... :hehe:

that's why horny must stay prohibited

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

croup coughfield posted:

this is not in line with mao zedong thought imo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lux Animus posted:

I mean if u show them a pic of a hot person, then yeah I'd call them that... :hehe:

that's why horny must stay prohibited

wha

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!

Al! posted:

this is not in line with mao zedong thought imo

this isnt political its spiritual

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

if i have to explain the pun to you then it loses its magical powers! I can't have that... :sparkles:

Besides, I don't even know what the phrase 'reactionary jerks' means in this conversation

e: or at all

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

this isnt political its spiritual

for a few years after i moved to this house, we would get visits from the seventh day adventists up the street, and although they finally flagged this address in their database as nonproductive, the last time they came they were like "well do you know anybody else in the neighborhood who might need help, like they're going through a crisis or something" and, nonconfrontational as i am, simply told them no and low key smdh

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

what da gently caress...

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lux Animus posted:

Hi - I've been posting in the Trump thread more and move over the last couple months, and they've been rather welcoming! It moves very fast, which is one reason why some people (nosy-neighbor types, mostly?) might dislike it.

The posters there are largely an amusing and irreverent lot with similar senses of humor and leftish politics. There are personalities that grate against each other and complain like a pair of roommate cats might, but the mood is generally one of levity intended to shitpost away the existential blues of modern life while also posting recent news stories and funny twitter posts and so on. "Main Character Syndrome" is something that doesn't last long within that group, as there have been historically many bans and burnouts from the self-aggrandizing-posting crowd that hung out in the trump threads in the past.

Dunno what the problem some have with it or its posters nowadays, other than it's insular enough with its poster-lore that I agree it's like a different sub-channel of CSPAM, like the channel with the cartoons under the newscorp's larger media umbrella.

i dont want to break up the community thats grown there, it seems very important to several, potentially many posters, but as someone who posted there in the early days of 2015-16 id just like a place to see wacky trump updates that isnt D&D or GBS. the dude is hilarious and i want to know everything he does. i dont really want to know that problematic poster Borvis T. Yeti is shoving meth up his rear end and battering his coworker teenaged waitress with a kitten on a rope he's fashioned into a makeshift flail

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont like what borvis is doing, but hes one of ours

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dustcat posted:

for a few years after i moved to this house, we would get visits from the seventh day adventists up the street, and although they finally flagged this address in their database as nonproductive, the last time they came they were like "well do you know anybody else in the neighborhood who might need help, like they're going through a crisis or something" and, nonconfrontational as i am, simply told them no and low key smdh

i had some kind of people like that asking if they could help me with anything even if it wasn't spiritual. I said "well I have so dishes I need to wash" and they perked up and said "OK!" I felt bad and my house was too messy so I said "jk good luck" and shut door. interesting people.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also go check out that stux post in the leper's colony lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats a very funny post in a very deranged thread

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i dont want to break up the community thats grown there, it seems very important to several, potentially many posters, but as someone who posted there in the early days of 2015-16 id just like a place to see wacky trump updates that isnt D&D or GBS. the dude is hilarious and i want to know everything he does. i dont really want to know that problematic poster Borvis T. Yeti is shoving meth up his rear end and battering his coworker teenaged waitress with a kitten on a rope he's fashioned into a makeshift flail

trump isn't president anymore and doesn't post tweets constantly anymore there is simply less funny trump stuff to post and trump thread is a chat thread so people are gonna derail from trump topics constantly :shrug:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shifty Nipples posted:

trump isn't president anymore and doesn't post tweets constantly anymore there is simply less funny trump stuff to post and trump thread is a chat thread so people are gonna derail from trump topics constantly :shrug:

The only solution is to make him president again

Al! posted:

:yeah:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The only solution is to make him president again

well yeah

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lux Animus posted:

its that the posters are dumbass libs op

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
whenever there's a really annoying guy in the c-spam thread, it seems like they're usually trump posters. But it's not like I know how many trump posters there are who AREN'T really annoying because I only look at post histories when I'm like "what's this guy's deal, why's he like this"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

quote:

You are a cspam dipshit. You literally have a thread over there about for shitposting about the Holodomor, it’s not exactly shocking that you let the usual gaggle of idiots whip themselves up to go try and own their posting enemies in what used to be a decent enough thread. It should have been stepped on before it got to the point of thread closure.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

wow way to quote my post from the holodomor thread :mad:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh no did stalin eat all the grain again lol

its very funny that the only cudgel these idiots have is that some posters in cspam have read academic papers on the soviet famine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its hosed up that so many people are mad at cspam for saying the holodomor is real

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

it's definitely funnier than the dude who said playing genshin impact supports an ongoing genocide

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

That DICK! posted:

i dont really want to know that problematic poster Borvis T. Yeti is shoving meth up his rear end and battering his coworker teenaged waitress with a kitten on a rope he's fashioned into a makeshift flail

yea buddykins really should get lost

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

redneck nazgul posted:

it's definitely funnier than the dude who said playing genshin impact supports an ongoing genocide

The bad mobile game genocide is no joke

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

30.5 Days posted:

whenever there's a really annoying guy in the c-spam thread, it seems like they're usually trump posters. But it's not like I know how many trump posters there are who AREN'T really annoying because I only look at post histories when I'm like "what's this guy's deal, why's he like this"

yeah there's like a whole science of "why is this idiot posting in this thread making me angry when they usually post in this other thread making them angry" i think it's called intersectionality or something, from like venn diagrams

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Al! posted:

its hosed up that so many people are mad at cspam for saying the holodomor is real

right, like the holodeck episodes count

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

QFT

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

idgi we stickied a holocaust denier's thread and azathoth banned all the good posters. what more do these fuckers want

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lotta people angry about posting these days.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

That DICK! posted:

yeah, entirely

the problem is the president's death; this stuff was always there but while he lived, the president was making content so prodigiously that all this nonsense was lost in the noise

he's making signs of recovery lately though, there have been some good days in the trump thread even in this year

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

someone should make a trump thread but for normal posters

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also back when the trump thread had six IKs, they could whack actual nonsense as easily as pass comedy probes and nobody could get mad because it was the way of things

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

that's like saying "somebody should write a sonnet for tubas"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

F Stop Fitzgerald posted: