Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Halloween Jack posted:

Firing 3 shots from a double-barreled shotgun is very Resident Evil.

It's actually the triple-barreled shotgun from Phantasm, which is a very cool and normal thing for a Secret Service agent to have on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean, if zombie outbreaks were just a common thing in the world, I'd be on board with carrying around weirdly advanced weaponry as a regular part of my day-to-day life even if I wasn't in the secret service.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I assume HUNK made more money selling zombie-fighting gadgets to Republican dads than he ever did fighting zombies.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Helena’s shotgun actually does have 3 barrels. It’s the same gun from 5 (which also has 3 barrels).

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

-daydreams about firing a triple-barrelled shotgun nine times before reloading in Revelations 2-

Man some of those attachments were just nuts.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I just saw Leon suplex a cultist in the RE4R trailer during the PS State of Play. All is right in the world.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://youtu.be/MhSo8mAgZcU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SettingSun posted:

I just saw Leon suplex a cultist in the RE4R trailer during the PS State of Play. All is right in the world.

:unsmith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

After RE3make I am glad to see Mercenaries

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Looks like Luis is going to with the player for a good chunk of the castle.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Mike is back and is here for revengeance.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Was that Luis in the El Gigante room on the island or was I seeing something in the castle?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Mr E posted:

Was that Luis in the El Gigante room on the island or was I seeing something in the castle?

The El Gigante room is in the mines underneath the castle. But yes, Luis does seem to survive at least a bit longer than he does in the original.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The El Gigante room is in the mines underneath the castle. But yes, Luis does seem to survive at least a bit longer than he does in the original.

For some reason I keep thinking the mines are in the island despite replaying the game every few years.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mr E posted:

For some reason I keep thinking the mines are in the island despite replaying the game every few years.

I do too. I think I get the lava room confused with the one on the island where you have to operate levers to bust your way out of the room with a wrecking ball or something, that area feels like the mines.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Lmao at that donkey Kong looking rear end mine cart stage.

I can't wait to play this

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Unconfirmed if Leon is able to pronounce Luis.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ybrik posted:

Lmao at that donkey Kong looking rear end mine cart stage.

I can't wait to play this

that makes luis the diddy kong

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

SettingSun posted:

It's wonderful.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

based off of the Castle (and more specifically, the mine sections) clips where Luis now joins us, I am guessing that Leon won't be cracking wise as often anymore. I mean, he might still do that after Luis bites it, but it seems that Luis will be the quip master this time

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
So excited for the giant Salazar statue, suplexing cultists, an the bingo line.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Goddamn that looks like an absolute blast

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That looks like a good remake. As much of a creep as Louis Luis looks like it’s probably a good thing that he’ll be around more, for a character central to the plot he was barely around and that includes documents.

I’m weirdly happy about how spoilery that trailer is because now instead of wondering “Are they going to include that?” I’m now thinking “Hell yeah they’re including that and I can’t wait to play it.” Even if I didn’t see a giant statue (I think).

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Shiroc posted:

Unconfirmed if Leon is able to pronounce Luis.
Look, they can't spoil everything in the trailers. Have to save some surprises for the actual game.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My favorite is in OG RE4 when he says "Los Illuminatos" and suddenly has like a Bronx Italian accent out of nowhere but only for that phrase.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm sad the re remakes moved away from the goofy square rocket launcher from commando.

I'm very excited to see the Red9 and suplexing are confirmed

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Original RE2 didn't have the square rocket launcher either. I think it only showed up in 1 and 3, which I guess means Jill has the best taste in movies out of the entire cast.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Mike's going make out of the RE4R alive and the post-credits scene is him and Leon getting drinks at that bar he knows.

RE4R will then be hailed as the greatest video game ever made.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Forget Operation Ada, I need

MIKE'S MISSION

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't get over how amazingly gross Luis looks now lol

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

new Krauser fight looks better than I could’ve ever dreamed

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Crowetron posted:

Original RE2 didn't have the square rocket launcher either. I think it only showed up in 1 and 3, which I guess means Jill has the best taste in movies out of the entire cast.
That makes a lot of sense given everyone's backstory.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Can't get over how amazingly gross Luis looks now lol

He looks like such a loving slimeball, to the nth degree, and it's perfect.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Aye, yam a researcher

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Luis, even down to the VA, is giving me huge LMM vibes. I am not sure at this time if I like it and will be sad when he gets stabbed by Saddler, or am going to be very happy that I won't have to listen to him anymore

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Aces High posted:

Luis, even down to the VA, is giving me huge LMM vibes. I am not sure at this time if I like it and will be sad when he gets stabbed by Saddler, or am going to be very happy that I won't have to listen to him anymore

We gotta save the Not-Spanish nation from the devastation of this Plagas infestation!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

1996: Hey this game is cool.

2023: gently caress me, that's where I am now.

Thank you so much, Resident Evil. Thank you for reminding me that my time is finite.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

1996: Hey this game is cool.

2023: gently caress me, that's where I am now.

Thank you so much, Resident Evil. Thank you for reminding me that my time is finite.
Resident Evil was the true psychological horror game all along.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

sure some day life must end and we all must die, but the real lesson of this series is that that's when the true fun begins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I learned from that room that crows will be nice to you unless they think you’re an idiot. Which has been true in real life too.