Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Pyrtanis posted:

hell gusher

This is pure poetry, just so you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Pyrtanis posted:

If for whatever reason you get hit with maternal urges there are outlets such as adoption, volunteering and a cat

love that 35+ is considered a geriatric pregnancy but yet if you want to get your hell gusher evicted you get this horseshit about having kids

why yes I'm on day 9 of cramping and spotting mid cycle how could you tell

The thing about pregnancy as a 35+ year old is that (according to Adam Ruins Everything anyway) the risk of birth defects only doubles from like .25% to .5%, or something minuscule like that

edit:

Powerful Katrinka posted:

This is pure poetry, just so you know

It reminds me of that one goon whose avatar is some sort of creature spewing blood out of its rear end :haw:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 24, 2023

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Ugh I want to give big, consenting hugs to all y’all and the crap you’ve been given for making decisions about your body and fertility.

I was ready to fight when I saw my surgeon bc I’ve had so many doctors tell me the same about “you’ll change your mind” when I would clearly state that no, I’m in my late 30s, I’m a sex-repelled asexual and generally terrified of carrying a child. Plus I had lived in TX for a decade so yeah my rights were already getting stepped on.

This surgeon was like “you don’t have to justify anything to me. I studied at UT, so I get it. Plus I wanna take out the uterus from anyone that doesn’t want it.” That’s me only mostly paraphrasing, she did say she enjoys doing these procedures if a uterus-haver asks her to, because it’s our bodies!

I know surgical sterilization isn’t for everyone, and it took me years to finally get the nerve to push the process forward after I saw some success with my peers getting it done. So I recommend it, and I hope my ramblings about it can help anyone else.

Also, I guess to still fit in with the thread lol, I’m still spotting. I’ve dubbed it the Midwest goodbye of the healing process; it’s taking its sweet time leaving!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gratz.

And now for something new and horrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dWC1lnDpcw

Just sloshing around up in there until it gets reabsorbed.

OTOH why can't all of it go that way and be reabsorbed? Why are you bothering me with this mess, body?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Gratz.

And now for something new and horrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dWC1lnDpcw

Just sloshing around up in there until it gets reabsorbed.

OTOH why can't all of it go that way and be reabsorbed? Why are you bothering me with this mess, body?

Cleanses are always gross.

minema
May 31, 2011
posted here months ago about the constant lower abdo pain and nausea and fatigue I was getting from an ovarian cyst - well, I had a follow up scan 3 weeks ago and no sign of any cyst or even recent rupturing but my symptoms haven't improved at all and my period last week was horribly painful. The consultant gynae I saw thinks it's more likely the cyst was never the main cause of pain and there's a strong possibility endo has been the culprit all along! I'm 30 and until this last year haven't really had major problems with periods, they've always been light and with mild cramps but in the past year the cramps have been getting worse and periods lasting for like, 2 weeks at a time which I guess could be endo related.

they want to do a diagnostic lap and excision of any endo they find but I'm second guessing it because I feel like I don't have the classic endo symptoms and what if they don't find anything and I've have surgery for no reason

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Ugh I hate the start of spotting, just give me a warning cramp, get a pad on, and start!

It's times like this where my mind keeps flashing back to the rather disturbing sequel of The Color Purple, mostly about Tashi and her FGM survival. Mostly how in her husband's chapters, he admits that he never thought of it as a continual thing, just something that happened to her once and was done with. Meanwhile any woman knows that if your period would be lasting for almost a month at a time, and going to the bathroom would take you almost half an hour, that's not something that just goes away mentally or becomes just a one-shot deal.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Pookah posted:

Be well, and recover safely.

I have had a very odd experience. I've been at a various stages of healthy over the last 25 years, and my periods have been weirdly consistent, no matter what my physical health has been.
The last one, phew, we had the usual start, with a sputter of old blood from the last one, but the new one is nonexistent. The tail end of the old one happened, but the new one is defunct.
This is unprecedented.

So it's what, a week later, and that last period just did not happen. It's an odd feeling, I've always found periods to be, at best an irritation, but the prospect of maybe never having another one is very weird.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Got my first period since I caught Covid, and it's agony. The pain is incredible, as is the amount of blood. Hell gusher, indeed

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I have been an emotional wreck with horrible sleep and no appetite for the last three days. Period started today and now I am so hungry nothing will satisfy me. All I want is subpar Chinese delivery so I am ordering that I right now.

My boyfriend continues to still want to be with me after seeing what a mess i turn into, so at least we know he’s a keeper.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

CherryCola posted:

Period started today and now I am so hungry nothing will satisfy me. All I want is subpar Chinese delivery so I am ordering that I right now.

i know well the 'i need an infinite plate of lo mien' experience

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It's day 37 I am ready to do murders

e: at loving last

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 29, 2023

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The missing period finally showed up, two weeks late, but just as enthusiastic as ever.

I do not welcome this irregularity, it's bad enough when it's predictable, the prospect of having Suprise: Blood Bomb! at random intervals is not pleasant.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Pookah posted:

The missing period finally showed up, two weeks late, but just as enthusiastic as ever.

I do not welcome this irregularity, it's bad enough when it's predictable, the prospect of having Suprise: Blood Bomb! at random intervals is not pleasant.

right?! loving hell.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

HopperUK posted:

right?! loving hell.

It wasn't quite as bad as it could have been. I still got the equivalent of a few grains of falling sand before the landslide, so I was prepared, but even so, it sucks.

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

Pookah posted:

I’ve never once had any regularity to mine. Sometimes 2 weeks apart, sometimes I go 3-4 months without one.
Always on guard. It sucks.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Flamingofarts posted:

I’ve never once had any regularity to mine. Sometimes 2 weeks apart, sometimes I go 3-4 months without one.
Always on guard. It sucks.

That must be incredibly tiresome to deal with :(

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Before I was getting treatment for my pcos it was sometimes a whole year between periods which was super unhealthy but also made it actually showing up a big surprise!!

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

Pookah posted:

That must be incredibly tiresome to deal with :(

It’s all I’ve ever known, but it definitely isn’t my favorite thing.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Flamingofarts posted:

It’s all I’ve ever known, but it definitely isn’t my favorite thing.

Up til now, mine has always been extremely regular and very heavy. So, kinda swings and roundabouts.
I've been very lucky in that I've never had any cramps or pain, apart from a little mittelschmertz, but the first couple of days are super-annoying. Having to get up twice a night to change everything because you bled through your SUPER tampon and giant pad is exhausting.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

It's me, I'm the weirdo who gets very little actual period-time cramping or pain but I go gonzo while ovulating. Horny and inhaling carbs while that egg is bouncing around in there like a pinball.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
:suspense:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Period poops are the woooooorst :cry:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

Period poops are the woooooorst :cry:

Which one did the coin land on, concrete or applesauce?

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Pyrtanis posted:

Which one did the coin land on, concrete or applesauce?

Concrete. Always concrete.

jk, still constipated.:shepface:

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Welp! Got my nexplanon replaced and my bloodwork back. I asked if the high levels of testosterone + my other symptoms were enough or if I would need to do anything else to be "officially" diagnosed with PCOS. Doc said she'd say it's pretty official, but didn't actually clarify whether she was going to add it to my medical records/chart. She also didn't seem to think there was much they could do aside from the birth control I'm already on, and maybe putting me on spiro. Except I don't actually care about my happy trail and masculine wiles (I a little bit care about my thinning hair), I'm more concerned about whether insulin resistance is a thing I have and should worry about. But everything else this particular doctor said did not reassure me that she'd respond well to, "hey my internet friends say that even though my blood sugar levels all look normal I could still have insulin resistance because there's special tests for that".

At least the new nexplanon means no more finding zits in places I didn't think you could get them! Hopefully.

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

Everett False posted:

Welp! Got my nexplanon replaced and my bloodwork back. I asked if the high levels of testosterone + my other symptoms were enough or if I would need to do anything else to be "officially" diagnosed with PCOS. Doc said she'd say it's pretty official, but didn't actually clarify whether she was going to add it to my medical records/chart. She also didn't seem to think there was much they could do aside from the birth control I'm already on, and maybe putting me on spiro. Except I don't actually care about my happy trail and masculine wiles (I a little bit care about my thinning hair), I'm more concerned about whether insulin resistance is a thing I have and should worry about. But everything else this particular doctor said did not reassure me that she'd respond well to, "hey my internet friends say that even though my blood sugar levels all look normal I could still have insulin resistance because there's special tests for that".

At least the new nexplanon means no more finding zits in places I didn't think you could get them! Hopefully.

Good luck! PCOS sucks hard.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

PCOS crew representtttt

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

Killingyouguy! posted:

PCOS crew representtttt

Whoop whoop!

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
WHY AM I SO HUNGRY

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Catkin posted:

WHY AM I SO HUNGRY

YEAH :mad::hf::mad:

also ouch oof my back

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
About a day and a half away. Knees hurt. Crying at the drop of a hat.

I have chocolate with toffee at the ready.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

My period arrived while I was on the first vacation my husband and I have had since we got married in 2015. Stupid basic-rear end bitch.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

don longjohns posted:

My period arrived while I was on the first vacation my husband and I have had since we got married in 2015. Stupid basic-rear end bitch.

They know. Your ovaries always KNOW.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

don longjohns posted:

Oh god…I need to check the calendar for the vacation we’re planning for July…

Okay should be in the clear unless my body decides to loving prank me. YEESH

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

There have been times when it waited until I had time off work to start and I was so grateful that I didn't have to spend several days worrying I would bleed into my jeans 🥹 but this was annoying, and then Third-Day-Worst-Day arrived RIGHT as I went back to work. GRA

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

don longjohns posted:

Yikes, I read this as you & your husband were both on your periods since your vacation in 2015. I wonder if loss of literacy is a symptom of PMS.

edit: Btw, this

YeahTubaMike posted:

I have a friend visiting from overseas, and I hope so, so, so, so, so much that my uterus cooperates during his stay.

worked out. :keke:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I'm off work next week so I completely expect the stupid thing to arrive five minutes before I'm about to go out the door to do something fun for a change. I know it's coming! I've had to up my ADHD meds.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I think I know why I had two cycles in a month and why for the past six months my period has been psychotic?

My Mirena is 4 years old at this point, I'm fairly sure my uterus sucked off all the candy hormone coating. C'mon PR card show up so I can get my health card so I can repeal and replace this bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Just calculated that I’ve had somewhere around 330 periods in my life. Yet as I go another month without getting knocked up, my uterus continues to make me sad and make my body hurt. Like can we just cool it, man?