Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

PIF PAF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Captain Hygiene posted:

Good news everyone! This game is on sale:

Now you can pay $2.24 instead of $2.99 for what is apparently a static screen of usernames with the amount of time they've been idling. God only knows how this even got on my wishlist, but steam was right there to notify me it was on sale!

Man, this just reminds me of Progress Quest, which was at least an entertaining experience of watching number go up.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Terrible Awful Games: God only knows how this even got on my library

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

humble bundles

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Terrible Awful Games: God only knows how this even got on my wishlist

Whenever I say this people just give me judgmental stares.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Dareon posted:

Man, this just reminds me of Progress Quest, which was at least an entertaining experience of watching number go up.

Progress Quest at least benefited from silly class and race choices. What other game lets you play a talking pony poisoner.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I dont know posted:

Progress Quest at least benefited from silly class and race choices. What other game lets you play a talking pony poisoner.

Just guessing, but Caves of Qud?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dareon posted:

or the idlequest irc rooms where if you talked you lost exp

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Progress Quest had some weirdly good writing for what it is. I still get the occasional chuckle about my character casting Grognor’s Big Day Off

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

I dont know posted:

Demicanadian Fighter/Organist is where it's at.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

BloodRain publishing is a purveyor of the finest shovelware. They've released a game almost every week this year and they all look like utter garbage. The only saving grace they have is that they're cheap.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ultrafilter posted:

BloodRain publishing is a purveyor of the finest shovelware. They've released a game almost every week this year and they all look like utter garbage. The only saving grace they have is that they're cheap.

And they also have two publisher bundles that offer the same games at either a 30% or a 40% discount, for some reason?

:confused:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Money Laundering Simulator 2023

E: Content

quote:

Me in the Office is a comedy destruction game where you can destroy the large three-floor office in different ways. In this game you are anything but a regular employee in an office. Throw furniture, smash glass, raise a fuss or make employees dance - do anything you want, no one will fire you!

*Record scratch* Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation...

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 18, 2023

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Radio Paranoia posted:

*Record scratch* Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation...

I'll be disappointed if this doesn't contain at least a nod to The Stanley Parable.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Absolutely random question from nowhere, but with what other titles (video games or film) does Sons of the Forest share similarities? Focus on font, positioning of text, and colors.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1326470/Sons_Of_The_Forest/

Don't say Stranger Things because I thought of that one already. It also reminds me of something else though, but I'm old and can't remember.

Edit: Not that I think Sons of the Forest is a bad game.

Editedit: Also, that $2,000 game is wild.

Editx3: Blood Bowl 3 apparently didn't implement a save option for single-player: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1016950/discussions/0/3774616756095118190/

Jamfrost fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 23, 2023

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's a sequel to The Forest, noted good game.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Jamfrost posted:

Absolutely random question from nowhere, but with what other titles (video games or film) does Sons of the Forest share similarities? Focus on font, positioning of text, and colors.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1326470/Sons_Of_The_Forest/

Don't say Stranger Things because I thought of that one already. It also reminds me of something else though, but I'm old and can't remember.

Edit: Not that I think Sons of the Forest is a bad game.

Editedit: Also, that $2,000 game is wild.

Editx3: Blood Bowl 3 apparently didn't implement a save option for single-player: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1016950/discussions/0/3774616756095118190/

Django Unchained and Evil Dead are the first things that font reminds me of.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Radio Paranoia posted:

Money Laundering Simulator 2023
Only if you get these skins in it:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And now I'm just reminded of River City Girls having a room in the yakuza HQ where there's a big stack of money and a bunch of washing machines, as they are literally laundering money.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And now I'm just reminded of River City Girls having a room in the yakuza HQ where there's a big stack of money and a bunch of washing machines, as they are literally laundering money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYnkd_7-orQ

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I would absolutely wear that shirt at the laundromat.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think I would be mad if it didn't have this pun.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Refund Me If You Can : Lexy's Story

quote:

By agreeing to only refund the game if you finish it within two hours, you prove yourself a brave and noble hero.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Out of curiosity, how do refunds work on the back end?

Let's say I buy a $60 title. Valve takes their 30%, in this case for simplicity we'll round to $20. That leaves the creator with $40, ignoring any licensing or whatever else they have to pay.

If I refund it do they get their $40 and Valve gets their $20 pulled back or is it more complex than that? I'm just picturing the extreme edge case of someone making a game that sells well, they spend the money paying for I don't know food or shelter, then everyone refunds it and they, what, are suddenly left in the hole possibly a negative balance after spending the profits?

Obviously this is an oversimplification but I still don't know how refunds work behind the scenes.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Out of curiosity, how do refunds work on the back end?

Let's say I buy a $60 title. Valve takes their 30%, in this case for simplicity we'll round to $20. That leaves the creator with $40, ignoring any licensing or whatever else they have to pay.

If I refund it do they get their $40 and Valve gets their $20 pulled back or is it more complex than that? I'm just picturing the extreme edge case of someone making a game that sells well, they spend the money paying for I don't know food or shelter, then everyone refunds it and they, what, are suddenly left in the hole possibly a negative balance after spending the profits?

Obviously this is an oversimplification but I still don't know how refunds work behind the scenes.

The two weeks auto-refund time probably coincides nicely with Valve's payout schedule, so developers only get paid for games that weren't refunded in the two week window. Refunds outside that window probably only subtracts from your current pending payout, so unless for some reason the number of games that get refunded late outstrip the number of games sold, you never should get in Valve's debt.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 27, 2023

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Makes sense, never even thought about a delayed payout to developers. It's probably way super easier and better than I was thinking.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ELDEN BLING

quote:

After overdosing on fentanyl, Tyrone is granted a second chance at life. Seek the ELDEN BLING, powerful artifacts once belonging to the Pharaohs themselves, and rewrite your destiny...
Tyrone here is a returning character from CUCKOLD SIMULATOR.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
It's recommended by 5 Steam curators, that means it can't be bad.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Nenonen posted:

It's recommended by 5 Steam curators, that means it can't be bad.

I don't know if we should be listening to the opinions of DA_RACIST_GAMER and friends.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Only eight more days until the GOTY unlocks!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
bunch of dudes gonna die of shame when they get audited

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Is that an IRS sting op?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I trust her

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I'm actually willing to give this one a potential pass. Using an anime girl as the front end for tax software is a bit weird, and honestly kind of charming, and certainly better than the current model of using them as front ends for slot machines.

This assumes, however, that whatever data you enter never leaves your computer. If it goes anywhere else, then my response shifts to "kill it with fire," because there's precious little incentive for them to really get paranoid about data security, because if our poo poo gets stolen, the people who hosed up and let it get yoinked just shrug and go "oopsie-doopsie, we did a fucky wucky, better go change all your passwords and cancel your credit cards."

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Captain Hygiene posted:

Only eight more days until the GOTY unlocks!

:rip:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Copying my post from elsewhere:

John Lee posted:

By MSCHF, huh?

"In its most blatant middle finger to the establishment, MSCHF created a shell restaurant called "The Blue Donkey", where employees who pay for meals using company money or corporate perks could pretend to order "food" using an online delivery app, like Grubhub or Seamless. In actuality, those "food" orders were political donations to candidates with anti-corporate policies. Blue Donkey lasted only hours before it was shut down."

Edit:

fair

double edit: beaten

legendary triple edit:

Nenonen posted:

Is that an IRS sting op?

The anime girl's name is Iris lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol, wow. It was still open for me, then the page refreshed and it was gone, doesn't even show up in search now.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I mean honestly that sounds more appealing than the noodle arm corporate art people you see all over TurboTax

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
puttin the TT back in turbotax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the manifesto section on the website lol: