Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Darth TNT posted:

Technically it did?

Good to see Mitsubishi step up.

Oh did it? I thought it was just the ohtsutsuki eyes but admittedly I can't keep track of how the eye abilities work with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Eida is making the plot flow quite a bit faster. Much appreciated with the monthly releases.

Mitsuki looks mad. Poor Sarada still had hope for Kawaki. And we finally get Boruto's scar. Givne what Momoshiki said, does that mean Boruto's scar eye is like...permanently his? Does he have a Byakugan now?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I think in the anime they called that eye a Jougan? It's funny how the next generation had to correct Naruto's biggest flaw as a protagonist: he never got magic eyes.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

Oh did it? I thought it was just the ohtsutsuki eyes but admittedly I can't keep track of how the eye abilities work with that.

Maybe I was wrong, but I thought all Ohtsusuki had Byakugan as a standard.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

Maybe I was wrong, but I thought all Ohtsusuki had Byakugan as a standard.

It's certainly drawn the same way.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They do.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I thought this was going to be a verified Sharingan moment for Sarada but the Haruno blood jumped out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shneak posted:

I thought this was going to be a verified Sharingan moment for Sarada but the Haruno blood jumped out.

Technically Sakura got most of her actual attacks from Tsunade

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Larryb posted:

Technically Sakura got most of her actual attacks from Tsunade

And Tsunade was the first hokage's granddaughter. So really, it's all the First Hokage's fault.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Shneak posted:

I was surprised learning Boruto was killed by Kawaki wasn't enough for a mangekyo. She def seems guilty enough to get that sweet endorphin rush.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheHan posted:

I was surprised learning Boruto was killed by Kawaki wasn't enough for a mangekyo. She def seems guilty enough to get that sweet endorphin rush.

Assuming she survives Kawaki’s attack in the future I would not be surprised if Sarada manages to awaken the Mangekyo eventually (provided they allow her to be relevant that is)

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Sasuke better hurry up and make her a sister, otherwise she's gonna go blind with that.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Larryb posted:

Assuming she survives Kawaki’s attack in the future I would not be surprised if Sarada manages to awaken the Mangekyo eventually (provided they allow her to be relevant that is)

Her and Mitsuki getting to be on screen for Kawaki's heel turn makes me hopeful that they get to have their spot back at Boruto's side.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
At the rate Kawaki is spouting emo savior-complex nonsense he'll just get the eyehax instead.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Boruto definitely seems taller in the prologue so a timeskip is all but confirmed. As such I’ll be curious:

A: How they justify doing one

B: How long until it happens at this rate

and

C: How long we’ll have with the new versions of the characters before Kawaki wrecks the village

Also with Naruto gone I guess this basically makes Shikamaru the acting Hokage now

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 22, 2023

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
let’s be real he was acting hokage before too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Or if they wanted to keep up appearances maybe they could have Konohamaru fill in for a bit (he technically was the one at the initial ceremony and Sarada’s now the leader of Team 7 anyway). As you said, Shikamaru’s basically been the one running the show anyway

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheHan posted:

let’s be real he was acting hokage before too.

I do kinda wonder if Naruto's dream would have changed at any point if someone seriously sat down with him and told what being hokage actually entails.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

I do kinda wonder if Naruto's dream would have changed at any point if someone seriously sat down with him and told what being hokage actually entails.

Aside from occasionally being an absentee parent, I think it's worked out much better for him than he could have dreamed. He gets to be the most popular and beloved ninja, he gets first shot at any super baddie threat should he choose, and most importantly all the tough decisions and big brain thinking are carried out by his own Dick Chaney--Shikamaru.

Besides lower ranking ninja, what dream job would he even be qualified or even suited for?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
He makes a good jar for tailed beasts (or at least he USED TO :( )

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Larryb posted:

Boruto definitely seems taller in the prologue so a timeskip is all but confirmed. As such I’ll be curious:

A: How they justify doing one

B: How long until it happens at this rate

and

C: How long we’ll have with the new versions of the characters before Kawaki wrecks the village

Also with Naruto gone I guess this basically makes Shikamaru the acting Hokage now

I think he also has a sword similar to Sasuke, my guess is boruto goes off to train with him or something.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I think it was a missed opportunity to not have the time skip be a few years of domestic hijinks in the apartment between Eda, Boruto and Kawaki. They did the whole set up and it didn't even last a day!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kawaki turn was actually kind of very sudden. Yet I feel it works.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kawaki turn was actually kind of very sudden. Yet I feel it works.

He freaked out because he realized Momoshiki was still around, in fairness. Also, it's pretty funny that Amado was also seemingly caught off-guard by Kawaki's behavior. Naruto dudes being evil masterminds who get tripped up by details and unplanned variables is an aspect of Kishimoto's writing I enjoy.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I actually totally get and empathize with Kawaki's actions cause like, dude isn't wrong. Momoshiki is practically wearing Boruto's corpse of only Kawaki knows it. Nobody's gonna believe him and even if they did they wouldn't be willing to kill Boruto again. He's also a violent zealot so whatcha gonna do.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently the anime is being split off into another series, Part 1 ends this month:

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1633641251546300417

I’d of thought they’d wait until the manga hit its inevitable timeskip but I guess not

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
That’s really strange. The manga seems to be acting like they’ve reached the first chapter flash forward too, even though they don’t really look like they have.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Teek posted:

That’s really strange. The manga seems to be acting like they’ve reached the first chapter flash forward too, even though they don’t really look like they have.

The manga is at least closer to it than the anime likely will be by the time the 26th rolls around (they’ve only just gotten to the point where Kawaki goes after Code) which is why this seems like such a weird place to split the anime at

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The anime finished this weeks ago but here's a new Sasuke's Story:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/naruto-sasukes-story-the-uchiha-and-the-heavenly-stardust-manga-chapter-8/chapter/26426?action=read

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-03-09/original-naruto-anime-gets-4-brand-new-episodes-for-20th-anniversary/.195738

Naruto is back, in anime form.

I'm not expecting much from these. More a "Hey, we found these un-aired fillers in the bottom of this cabinet. Let's air them."

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
meno got a better redemption arc than sasuke.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

did a pretty good job of condensing the eras

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the key visuals make me think these are going to be reanimated summary videos in the style of that anniversary video from a few months back

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I want Sasuke and Sakura to return to the village with Meno

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

I want Sasuke and Sakura to return to the village with Meno

:hmmyes:
Give Sarada the Raptor Summon so we can keep dinosaurs dragons around, dammit

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It seems like the next Boruto chapter got leaked. So if you care about spoilers watch out for that.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like opscans have their version up. Pretty wild events. Not sure how this lines up with chapter 1 now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Teek posted:

Looks like opscans have their version up. Pretty wild events. Not sure how this lines up with chapter 1 now.

Got a link to that version out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Larryb posted:

Got a link to that version out of curiosity?

https://opscans.com/manga/boruto-narutos-next-generation1/chapter-79/

here ya go

this is the loving coolest twist they could’ve done i love this, kawaki is so demented and selfish i love it