Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
IIRC Operant said something to the effect that the sins stuff is supposed to just be a motif among others used during the designing process and shouldn't be subject to overthinking, but then overthinking is kind of this thread's bread and butter so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Gog-Agog is Charity, Mottom is Prudence, Solomon is Justice, Incubus is Patience, Mammon is Chastity, Jadis is Kindness, and Jagganoth is Fortitude.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Shoehead posted:

I thought it's because she's Diogenes with swords?

idgi is that not what I said?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Gog-Agog is Charity, Mottom is Prudence, Solomon is Justice, Incubus is Patience, Mammon is Chastity, Jadis is Kindness, and Jagganoth is Fortitude.

Tragic to see that Jagganoth was not gifted with Endurance

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Incubus singing and dancing the Seven Deadly Virtues from Camelot as Jagganoth claps along.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Solomon = Doc
Jadis = Sleepy
Mottom = Bashful
Gog = Happy
Incubus = Sneezy
Mammon = Dopey
Jagganoth = Grumpy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

YaketySass posted:

Solomon = Doc
Jadis = Sleepy
Mottom = Bashful
Gog = Happy
Incubus = Sneezy
Mammon = Dopey
Jagganoth = Grumpy

He is pretty grumpy, isn't he.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Gog gives me Dopey vibes. Inky is more Happy.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Solomon = Mercia
Gog = Northumbria
Mottom = Essex
Incubus = Kent
Mammon = Sussex
Jadis = East Anglia
Jagganoth= Wessex

I don't friggin know

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

RBA Starblade posted:

Tragic to see that Jagganoth was not gifted with Endurance

With his other gifts sometime you can only go so long.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do they ever mention a unified calendar? Do we posit a Throne where Gogagogfield hates Solomondays?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gogfield thinks mondays are super keen because its just another day of B E I N G M E

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Doing a re-read, and I don't think Maya ever fully grew out of her Dork Cloud days. Young Maya would absolutely try to come up with that closing statement and practice the line reading.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Maya's teachings will mostly consist in perfecting Allison's weeb training

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

paranoid randroid posted:

If Lucky Felicia has a brain in her head, she took her sack of guilders and hosed off forever

Now Oscar on the other hand is due for a comeback. Because you just can't keep a bad man down.

iirc the alt text for the page where Oscar is pumped full of demon-killing bullets and falling a couple kilometers to the ground from the airship is "eh, he's had worse"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Google Jeb Bush posted:

iirc the alt text for the page where Oscar is pumped full of demon-killing bullets and falling a couple kilometers to the ground from the airship is "eh, he's had worse"

You can't keep a bad man down.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Thundarr posted:

You can't keep a bad man down.

Well yeah, not with that attitude.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

W.T. Fits posted:

Well yeah, not with that altitude.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

habeasdorkus posted:

Doing a re-read, and I don't think Maya ever fully grew out of her Dork Cloud days. Young Maya would absolutely try to come up with that closing statement and practice the line reading.

She only got good at it when she stopped trying to be good at it

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I like the philosophy of that man. He should be Allisons teacher and she might finally advance the speed for her quota. That would still be more than 3000 years, but it's a better pace than the current one.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Yaun started a brief trend where every would-be Demiurge would repeteadly announce and make it their whole identity how many people they had/would/could kill, and to everyone who's experienced that time Allison's name would just sound like an extremely groanworthy throwback.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Is it just me or a 4X/Master of Magic style Demiurge War game would loving rock

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Is it just me or a 4X/Master of Magic style Demiurge War game would loving rock

A goon was making a K6BD mod for Dominions 5. IIRC Mammon's and Mottom's factions were mostly completed, but the goon had something come up irl and had to pause work on the mod.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Dominions end game strategies are basically doing poo poo demiurges can do so it makes perfect sense.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

my dad posted:

A goon was making a K6BD mod for Dominions 5. IIRC Mammon's and Mottom's factions were mostly completed, but the goon had something come up irl and had to pause work on the mod.

pity that the engine doesn't support some total dumbass punchiness action for full glory

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

dead gay comedy forums posted:

pity that the engine doesn't support some total dumbass punchiness action for full glory

Thugs/heroes and supercombatants/monsters do sometimes enact hilarious action movie poo poo. In one game, I had a disgraced crab general who lost all his shrimp soldiers, and later redeemed himself by single-handedly holding off an entire enemy army by beeing too stupid to realize he should run away, and too much of a giant crab man to die to trivial things like people trying to stab him to death. Admittedly, my giant network of assassins, astral duelists, and mind hunters that prevented the other player from bringing in any wizards who could try to kill said crab with magic instead of stabbing probably helped. :v:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I guess nobody knew to flip him on his back for massive damage

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1629196860274446338?t=9jssubA5YfhnLGxJqwIpKA&s=19

Guy seems like a bit of a poo poo

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Well that certainly casts a new light on Incubus and Jagganoth's relationship.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The soundtrack in the alt text:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvzxm8ZRedc

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So Jantris is the grifter rear end in a top hat who never actually believed in the ideology he was riding to power, and Yaun is the true believing monster that Jantris created.

Yaun makes a pretty good argument for why his old master sucks, and both Maya and Inky continued to exist as not-ghosts after this event, so I'm thinking they largely agree with him.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Thundarr posted:

So Jantris is the grifter rear end in a top hat who never actually believed in the ideology he was riding to power, and Yaun is the true believing monster that Jantris created.

Yaun makes a pretty good argument for why his old master sucks, and both Maya and Inky continued to exist as not-ghosts after this event, so I'm thinking they largely agree with him.
There are old dead men and bold dead men but no old bold dead men.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 24, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I mean, Maya very well could just be a Vengeful Spirit at this point since every other Demi-urge has their excuses for being this old but Maya just keeps on through sheer loathing for Incubus.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Well if you are bold enough you can just give aging a glare and it will scamper the other way.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

M_Gargantua posted:

Well if you are bold enough you can just give aging a glare and it will scamper the other way.

That is basically what Mottom did during the 6 vs 1 fight with Jagg, this checks out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Lights posted:

That is basically what Mottom did during the 6 vs 1 fight with Jagg, this checks out.

Seems accurate, and would give some context to Mottom's problems in book 2--the fruit wasn't losing potency, she was losing her resolve.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Also why Maya is still a spry lass even after millennia.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

M_Gargantua posted:

Also why Maya is still a spry lass even after millennia.

The trick is alcohol

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

FuturePastNow posted:

The trick is alcohol

Welp, I just need to figure out the single cutting motion bit and I'm gonna live forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Welp, I just need to figure out the single cutting motion bit and I'm gonna live forever.

Behold! The awesome fires of God. The limitless power of pure creation itself. Look carefully. Observe how it is used for the same purpose a man might use a bottle opener. Now pass me the bottle.