Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

When they turn their baleful gaze on DS9, they're going to announce that not only is Morn going to play a much greater role, but they are getting Mark Shephard back to do the mocap for the fully CGI Morn. He'll be voiced by Benedict Cumerbach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Craig K posted:

drat i can't believe the 20 year old with a british accent and says poo poo like "mon amis" that travels around with dr crusher wound up being picard's kid

real fuckin shocker there

Wait. How can he be Picard's son if he's not bald? Picard's the bald captain!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Naming him Jack Crusher is such a sick burn on Jean Luc. Goddamn, Bev.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Wait. How can he be Picard's son if he's not bald? Picard's the bald captain!

It skips a generation. Direct clone = bald. Son = not bald. Grandson? Q-ball.

...I mean, cue ball... :stare:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Naming him Jack Crusher is such a sick burn on Jean Luc. Goddamn, Bev.

someone in tv/iv pointed out it's actually an ice burn on wesley, i.e.

JACK: hey big bro, guess what? i finally met my dad! isn't that neat
WES: well i can travel across space and time but :sigh: but yeah i guess that would be pretty cool, uh, jack...

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
nutrek seems to be aggressively ignoring ds9 as hard as they possibly can, thank god

now i say that and guarantee a hamfisted avery brooks cameo in the final episode doing that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
there's already worf killing ferengi

matalas needs to pick a grave to piss on

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Wes totally knows about his little brother huh, seeing all of time and space, god the things he must know, first time I'm feeling bad for Wesley Crusher frfr

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Wes totally knows about his little brother huh, seeing all of time and space, god the things he must know, first time I'm feeling bad for Wesley Crusher frfr

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

sweet geek swag posted:

To be fair, Geordi didn't actually have sex with the hologram. He just wanted to. Maybe he should have led with that.

*Cut to Riker

"I did actually have sex with the hologram. Quite frankly, I've had better, and I let Geordi know he wasn't missing anything..."

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
People make jokes about Riker constantly loving holograms like it's nbd but don't forget that one time he spent like 45 minutes having small talk and slow dancing with a hologram and he was so obsessed with her that 3 seasons later an alien scanned his mind and mistook her for a real person because Riker was in love with her like she was a real person.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

when she was six his daughter said "computer, end mommy" "delete the wife" and that's just been how it is ever since.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Burning_Monk posted:

Nog is bisexual. Jake is bisexual. Bashir is bisexual. Garak is... very bisexual. Sisko is bisexual but a top. Miles is straight but miserable.

Dax is still just a tease.

New DS9 wouldn't even pick up on Gareks sexuality. They'd also make him a deeply lovely spy.

Tighclops posted:

In the DS9 reboot/continuation O'Brien is now a staunch libertarian

Dark implications once they rehash the child Keiko plot.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

People make jokes about Riker constantly loving holograms like it's nbd but don't forget that one time he spent like 45 minutes having small talk and slow dancing with a hologram and he was so obsessed with her that 3 seasons later an alien scanned his mind and mistook her for a real person because Riker was in love with her like she was a real person.

Let's not forget Riker telling the bridge he'd be out for a while wrecking hologram holes in The Perfect Mate after taling to Famke Janssen.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

there's already worf killing ferengi

matalas needs to pick a grave to piss on

I'm willing to let that one pass. Worf had to put up with Quark for like five years of his life. I'm surprised hasn't murdered more Ferengi yet...

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Falling in love with a hologram is the future version of people who fall in love with characters in a modern dating simulator.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I'm been vaugely wondering if Wesley had been keeping in contact with his mom after he became a Traveler. I like to think he did?

But all this points to probably not. = (

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Twincityhacker posted:

I'm been vaugely wondering if Wesley had been keeping in contact with his mom after he became a Traveler. I like to think he did?

But all this points to probably not. = (

Wesley will be the deus ex machina of whatever the main problem of season 3 turns out to be, oh and Not Soji from 2024 will be there.

And keep at least one eye open ‘cause his best friends, the Simpsons, just might pop in to wish him luck.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Craig K posted:

nutrek seems to be aggressively ignoring ds9 as hard as they possibly can, thank god

now i say that and guarantee a hamfisted avery brooks cameo in the final episode doing that

brooks has made it very clear that he'd only come back if they also brought back lofton. for some reason the execs are unwilling to do so. still, that's not an impossible request that could never be accommodated, so it might happen eventually once they finally mine out all the nostalgia value from the tng cast.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Endless Trash posted:

Wesley will be the deus ex machina of whatever the main problem of season 3 turns out to be, oh and Not Soji from 2024 will be there.

And keep at least one eye open ‘cause his best friends, the Simpsons, just might pop in to wish him luck.

Now you're making me picture Wesley Crusher as Star Trek's version of like the G-Man from Half-Life and he's gonna stop everything in the middle of a warp core breach and pluck Picard out of time or something.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

brooks has made it very clear that he'd only come back if they also brought back lofton. for some reason the execs are unwilling to do so. still, that's not an impossible request that could never be accommodated, so it might happen eventually once they finally mine out all the nostalgia value from the tng cast.

I thought Cirroc Lofton was on good terms with the current crop of producers running Trek? If that was Brooks's only sticking point, shouldn't that have been an easy "Okay, sure..." by now?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Beeftweeter posted:

the ferengi were actually designed at first to have massive dongs instead

you say that like the plan changed or that a later portrayal contradicted said memo, but i don't recall ferengi dick size being described on air

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

It's weird, Lofton didn't have any issues that I know of or has done anything objectionable, and Jake Sisko is probably one of the easiest characters to write into a cameo, given his reporter work. Even without Brooks wanting it I'm kinda surprised he didn't show up somewhere. Although I guess the reporter characters in both Picard and Lower Decks were bad guys.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I feel like the first draft of every alien Gene wrote up probably had big dongs though, like he seems like the kind of guy that would habitually add that kind of info.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

you say that like the plan changed or that a later portrayal contradicted said memo, but i don't recall ferengi dick size being described on air

I think they're referring to Gene's idea to have the Ferengi actors wear giant codpieces on the show.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The Demilich posted:

Let's not forget Riker telling the bridge he'd be out for a while wrecking hologram holes in The Perfect Mate after taling to Famke Janssen.

He made love to those holograms

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's really funny that geordi got labeled as a pervert holofucker despite that never having happened while no one ever cared when riker very openly hosed every hologram available.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's more about who you're holofucking. Real people are not okay, random generated are fine.

I wonder if there are influencers in the Federation who give universal permission to be holofucked.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 24, 2023

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Everyone's relationships with their holographic sex partners is a little different.

Riker not in love or anything. There's no emotional attachment there, it's only physical when it comes to holosex.

Data engages with holographic sex partners in order to interview them after the experience in order to get a deeper understanding of how they're able to simulate the emotional experience. Ultimately this results in him giving demonstrative evidence to them that they are in fact part of a programmed simulation and do not actually exist, resulting in the holograms suffering from a temporary sense of self-awareness and horror until the program is reset or ended. The event is called a "La Petite Vie"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are a lot of possible reasons why geordi never went down that rabbit hole despite being so very lonely.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Data accidentally combines his sex.ini config file with his Borg.ini file, so the whole time he's attempting to get off he's just choking his partner while moaning stop it stop it stop it like a metronome.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I’m gonna be honest, I was just joking and I don’t think about any of these characters loving, not even on the holodeck.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

MikeJF posted:

It's more about who you're holofucking. Real people are not okay, random generated are fine.

I wonder if there are influencers in the Federation who give universal permission to be holofucked.

Troi is outraged at seeing her face on a photonic sex doll, but Riker thought it was funny and as far as I remember Barclay isn’t punished for it

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Trixie Hardcore posted:

A whole generation of teenagers is imprinting on ChatGPT as we speak...

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

davidspackage posted:

I think they're referring to Gene's idea to have the Ferengi actors wear giant codpieces on the show.

it's this, i always pictured like, ferengi droogs

but lol that memo is always a fun read

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
re: "bring back sisko",

according to cirroc lofton, avery brooks is the one that is essentially banned from new projects. admittedly that's not something i actively look for info on, but he's said it several times and i haven't ever seen an elaboration on why (though it's implied that it's "just" racism)

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Beeftweeter posted:

re: "bring back sisko",

according to cirroc lofton, avery brooks is the one that is essentially banned from new projects. admittedly that's not something i actively look for info on, but he's said it several times and i haven't ever seen an elaboration on why (though it's implied that it's "just" racism)

I always got the impression that Brooks was the kind of person who wouldn’t put up with bullshit or suffer fools, and that probably ruffled a few executive producer feathers.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, but there's been a pretty much complete generational turnover since he worked with them.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

HD DAD posted:

I always got the impression that Brooks was the kind of person who wouldn’t put up with bullshit or suffer fools, and that probably ruffled a few executive producer feathers.

that tracks with what i've read about him. he doesn't do many interviews at all though, which is kind of weird, but i can respect that

however i feel like there's probably more to the story. nobody seems to want to bring it up and if it were simply racism i don't think many people involved with the production would have a problem calling that out. it's kind of DS9's thing in no small part due to avery brooks' influence

but nobody seems to want to comment. even cirroc lofton doesn't want to talk about it, and he's the source of the claim. it's weird

naem
May 29, 2011

Craig K posted:

Scott Bacula, Jane Mulgrew, Avery Brooks as blue force ghosts standing in the background waving to the star wars theme song over the final credits

Mark Hamill is also there in his joker costume for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, but there's been a pretty much complete generational turnover since he worked with them.

Unfortunately though, they're all still assbrained idiots, just of a different flavour from the Berman Era, so he'd probably piss them all off too by calling out their bullshit when he saw it.