Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Stultus Maximus posted:

I am really, really looking forward to the Dilbert edits
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1628842441913540610

https://twitter.com/PlanetofFinks/status/1628886571851337729?t=dQS3AcsA6_tSw0ALlFfxwA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ack!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Scott Adams' decline into racist idiocy is pretty much the most powerful counterargument against Work At Home advocates. He was normalish when he drew Dilbert as a hobby while he worked at a telecom company in the early 90s and he's gotten progressively worse the more he's isolated from other people because drawing cartoons is his fulltime job. The less he interacts with other people the stupider he gets. It's not even a correlation it's a direct connection.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Scott Adams' decline into racist idiocy is pretty much the most powerful counterargument against Work At Home advocates. He was normalish when he drew Dilbert as a hobby while he worked at a telecom company in the early 90s and he's gotten progressively worse the more he's isolated from other people because drawing cartoons is his fulltime job. The less he interacts with other people the stupider he gets. It's not even a correlation it's a direct connection.

I want to emphasize, cus this is a common misconception.

He was never even close to normal.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He was probably normal before Dilbert became insanely popular. Wealth and fame really breaks people's brains.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fister Roboto posted:

He was probably normal before Dilbert became insanely popular. Wealth and fame really breaks people's brains.
More than likely, he just had enough social consciousness to know that a lot of his thoughts would not be well received outside of his own head.

Then he got enough money and people who were willing to tell him he was a genius that he ripped that filter right out and never looked back.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The man was a fully melty brained idiot by 1996 when Dilbert Future was being written, which was very shortly after he became a full time cartoonist.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I forgot. Was the Dilberito his idea or someone elses?

Lareine fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 24, 2023

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Ron DeSantis’ Weird Campaign Bid

Ted Rall posted:

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is considered the most formidable challenger to Donald Trump for the Republican presidential nomination. But he’s extremely unpleasant. How does he scale beyond Florida in elections where personality really count?

First Dog on the Moon: We have been working on a prototype cartoon-o-bot. Nobody will know the difference

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Yikes. That Rall cartoon as my questioning myself. If we have the same opinion on something...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Yikes. That Rall cartoon as my questioning myself. If we have the same opinion on something...

As you should, given that we know his motives. Rall is most likely to promote whatever arguments would align with a Trump win given Trump's comments on Ukraine. Here's Rall's latest on Ukraine.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Scott Adams was always a weirdo, but originally just an engineer-brained dork. Then he took a wrong turn towards insanity at every opportunity.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

Marshall Ramsey

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

drat, I reckon that woman ought to be wheeled right back into that camp because clearly she learned nothing during her stay

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

AGC

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Going woke is your PPE. Protects your head

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

the_steve posted:

More than likely, he just had enough social consciousness to know that a lot of his thoughts would not be well received outside of his own head.

Then he got enough money and people who were willing to tell him he was a genius that he ripped that filter right out and never looked back.

I think it's part this, and part just that it was easier to maintain an air of mystique and seperation back in the era before your slightest thought was one app click away and you were accessable 24/7/365.25.

Lareine posted:

I forgot. Was the Dilberito his idea or someone elses?

His; he describes the idea in Dilbert Future as part of his smug pro-vegetarian rant as a sort of proto-Soylent.

axolotl farmer posted:

Scott Adams was always a weirdo, but originally just an engineer-brained dork. Then he took a wrong turn towards insanity at every opportunity.

The worst part is he was never an engineer; he was a manager. I've said it before, that Scott was the kind of guy who knew how to install Windows 95 without loving it up, and thought that made him uniquely capable to understand computers.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I'm going to repeat this again, but Newsmax was replaced by Bill O'Reilly's network TheFirst, channel 347.

https://twitter.com/BillOReilly/status/1618700743200079872

The real reason DirecTV dropped them was the contract was about to expire and Newsmax asked for a poo poo-ton more money. DirecTV said no, but were willing to renew under the current deal. Newsmax said no, and DirecTV let the contract lapse. Newsmax probably knows that by doing so they can whine to their viewers about censorship and rake in donations/ads.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

I loving wish. What does he think the radical leftist platform looks like?

I hate seeing this play out on a local level too, like when liberal mayors rolled out police forces to beat, gas, and suppress protesters in 2020 and the right said they were antifa puppets because they stopped short of spraying bullets into the crowd.

Kellies nomination: most opposite of reality

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on unappealing Tory vegetables – Liz the lettuce and 30p Leek left in the basket as Thérèse praises turnips"

Telegraph:

Putin’s folly: Russia's brutal invasion one year on | Ukraine: The Latest special video podcast

Matt:

Original versions of Roald Dahl books to be republished after backlash

Independent:

Times:

Keir Starmer’s five missions for UK aim to prove Labour’s election credentials

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Radical leftist ideals like somewhat more regulation and moderately higher taxes for the rich.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
In what loving universe

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

About the government's idea to stop the superannuation tax concessions for the super-rich.

Rowe:

Knight 1:

John Pescutto is the new Victorian Liberal opposition leader after the election. He had to come out and say the Liberals have no plans to change the state's abortion laws but will not condemn the comments of his new Liberal MP Moira Deeming and her maiden speech in parliament, where she also went against trans conversion practices, trans women in women's changing rooms, the state's ban on gay conversion therapy, and sex workers. Victorian Liberals have ‘no plans’ to change abortion laws despite MP’s claims, leader says (Guardian).

Knight 2:

Harry Styles fans queue for hours in Melbourne.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Leunig:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Finally, a coherent Leunig!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Dukakis in the tank with the little Snoopy helmet is as old as I am, which makes this a downright recent reference for a politoon.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/happyroadkill/status/1629253307632873475?t=TDN51_hebtxfqLquNm6_lw&s=19

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Hard to say no to US sanctions? by Cai Meng

Charlie Hebdo

Drought: An end to pools in Ukraine

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Poor kid, boomerang shot down by an antique jet that was retired from service 16 years ago.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Did this happen...? I don't think that happened...

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Why do I feel like this was an actual conversation between McCoy and his wife?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

JamesBont posted:

Why do I feel like this was an actual conversation between McCoy and his wife?

enh, cant be. that woman doesnt have a black eye,

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Brawnfire posted:

Did this happen...? I don't think that happened...
You have to remember that to the conservative base even Joe Manchin is a "radical extremist".

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

Hard to say no to US sanctions? by Cai Meng

I still love the accidental psychology China reveals when it seems incapable or unwilling to reflect that the bunch of small countries near a large belligerent country might actually be self motivated to stand up to it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

I really hate typing this, but: Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell.

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So, Nikki Haley. Are Republicans all just pretending there's any chance conservatives are going to vote for a woman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Vib Rib posted:

In what loving universe
It's an article of faith among the GOP all the way up to the Senate:

quote:

"we’re not as tough as [Democrats] are, that they play more for keeps, that they stick together better,” said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.). “Part of what makes us conservative is our independence, so that is our strength philosophically but sometimes it can be a weakness.