Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I've been going through the initial Daredevil comics and I enjoy it but I seem to really like the court bits in it. Are there any runs of Daredevil that have a large amount in the court room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

worms butthole guy posted:

I've been going through the initial Daredevil comics and I enjoy it but I seem to really like the court bits in it. Are there any runs of Daredevil that have a large amount in the court room?

During the Bendis run there's a bit story arc where he's defending the original White Tiger, and then She-Hulk has a lot lawyer poo poo in it including one where she goes up against Daredevil, I can't remember the run but it was the one where people with bad opinions on art said it was ugly.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Hah, that sounds pretty rad, i'll check that out. Thank you!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Strangely, the run by Charles Soule, a practicing attorney, didn't have as much courtroom stuff as I was expecting. Legal stuff, but not trial stuff as I recall. I also didn't really dig that run overall despite normally liking Soule's work.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

worms butthole guy posted:

Charles Soule, a lawyer, has written both She-Hulk and Daredevil. Not sure if his runs are particularly courtroom-heavy but it would make sense if they were.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Charles Soule, a lawyer, has written both She-Hulk and Daredevil. Not sure if his runs are particularly courtroom-heavy but it would make sense if they were.

They aren't, though the story of She-Hulk and Matt Murdock fighting in court against each other it in that run. I Had forgot who wrote that

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I'll check his run out either way. Thanks goons

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Most lawyers don't spend much time in courtrooms, though, so it's pretty accurate.

Soule's firm specialized in immigration law, transactional law, and corporate law, so not really litigation.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
hmm. assume this is unrelated to the Hickman/Schiti project that's been teased since last year. tbh, I wondered why there wasn't a project like this for the Ultimate line's 20th anniversary, but I suppose COVID would have gotten in the way there anyway
https://twitter.com/EW/status/1628442024390062081

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Has The Maker been in anything since Ewing's New Avengers/US Avengers with Sunspot running the team?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Skwirl posted:

Has The Maker been in anything since Ewing's New Avengers/US Avengers with Sunspot running the team?

He had a major role in Donny Cates' Venom run. Also appeared in the 2019 Future Foundation mini, and in a couple issues of the Ghost-Spider book in 2020 (those I didn't read, I'm going by a Marvel wiki).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FoneBone posted:

He had a major role in Donny Cates' Venom run. Also appeared in the 2019 Future Foundation mini, and in a couple issues of the Ghost-Spider book in 2020 (those I didn't read, I'm going by a Marvel wiki).

It's a shame the Future Foundation book got it in the neck so quickly. I believe Whitley said it was basically cancelled before the first issue came out. We could be enjoying Julie Power and her buff girlfriend even now.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Maker was in Ewing's New Avengers run (which is an excellent run.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Maker was in Ewing's New Avengers run (which is an excellent run.)

Skwirl posted:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm pretty uninterested in a return to Ultimate anything other than maybe the drama you could get out of Miles with it

Then again it's Ewing...

But on a third, separate hand, that current Wasp mini he's doing didn't really do much for me

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm pretty uninterested in a return to Ultimate anything other than maybe the drama you could get out of Miles with it

Then again it's Ewing...

But on a third, separate hand, that current Wasp mini he's doing didn't really do much for me
On a fourth hand, it's Jonathan Hickman and not Al Ewing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Wait, I thought it was a Brian Michael Bendis chatbot?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Hickman made really good use of Blackbolt and I think it was only after that that they did the silly inhumans push and AVX and the bad TV show and putting the inhumans away.

I'm excited to see Blackbolt on that cover

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 23, 2023

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m a sucker for seeing the Illuminati together again. And I’m interested to find out what’s going on with the Maker and Miles.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’m a sucker for seeing the Illuminati together again. And I’m interested to find out what’s going on with the Maker and Miles.

If only there was a whole-rear end series where you could see what's going on with Miles.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

OnimaruXLR posted:

Then again it's Ewing...

on a fifth hand, no Mark Millar anywhere to offend the eye or brain

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

If only there was a whole-rear end series where you could see what's going on with Miles.

yep, that sure would be nice. of course, that's only if this hypothetical comic did not heavily feature an evil clone of miles named selim.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yep, that sure would be nice. of course, that's only if this hypothetical comic did not heavily feature an evil clone of miles named selim.

That one ended!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

That was even the best arc. :smith:

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

Barry Convex posted:

hmm. assume this is unrelated to the Hickman/Schiti project that's been teased since last year. tbh, I wondered why there wasn't a project like this for the Ultimate line's 20th anniversary, but I suppose COVID would have gotten in the way there anyway
https://twitter.com/EW/status/1628442024390062081

"Longtime readers of Hickman's work may notice a striking similarity between the character designs for the Maker and the post-House of X Charles Xavier. Both characters now sport sleek bodysuits and face-obscuring helmets. Asked for comment on this similarity, Hickman says only, 'well, they do look cool.'"

They actually do look pretty cool, imo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rental Sting posted:

"Longtime readers of Hickman's work may notice a striking similarity between the character designs for the Maker and the post-House of X Charles Xavier. Both characters now sport sleek bodysuits and face-obscuring helmets. Asked for comment on this similarity, Hickman says only, 'well, they do look cool.'"

They actually do look pretty cool, imo.

remember when HoX/PoX was first starting and everyone was convinced that Charles was actually the Maker because of this lol

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Endless Mike posted:

Does it have the Maker in it? The preview pages show him showing up in Miles room.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Alaois posted:

remember when HoX/PoX was first starting and everyone was convinced that Charles was actually the Maker because of this lol

It would have been pretty hilarious if the Maker successfully pulled off impersonating him without bothering to do anything to change his appearance. Just him wandering around in his standard costume, occasionally shouting "To me, my, um, X-Men!", and everyone just nods and accepts that's what Xavier looks like now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
honestly gotta disagree with hickman on this one i think xavier's globe head looks pretty dumb

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
But that's why he covers it with his helmet! :downsrim:

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

site posted:

honestly gotta disagree with hickman on this one i think xavier's globe head looks pretty dumb

But it's mysterious! And the black body suit is sexy! He lost his schtick of being paralyzed so he looked at the Maker and thought "bingo"

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Krakoa has a strict "No spandex, no helmet, no service" rule, so Charles had to change.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
He saw this:

and it left him shook but also knew people would take him even less seriously in a wig, hence the funky big sci-fi helmet.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Starting to get angry with how much She-Hulk made me care about Jack of Hearts. (It is very good.)

Really enjoying the current arc of Thor. Is Grønbekk the writer going forward? Happy if so. She also did a good job on the Valkyrie minis, Love her approach to the mythology.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

OK, but, in my defense, I don't pay attention to most things. He was the villain in Venom afterwards, and he was the villain in Future Foundation (the one where the power pack have become adults and are incredibly shredded) where it's established that like him, Rikki exists in all universes, but unlike him is not aware of all her simultaneous selves (until someone kills her, and she wakes up in her next life.)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Edge & Christian posted:

On a fourth hand, it's Jonathan Hickman and not Al Ewing.

Hmm, I wonder if he's any relation to this Homer Nixon?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they should've just given gronbekk the main punisher series instead of aaron, she continually produces a much better book

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Anyone else read Doctor Strange - Fall Sunrise? Loved it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

tbf the last thing Prof X had been in before the HoX/PoX era kind of reset everything was a Charles Soule arc of Astonishing X-Men where he had come back to life (with hair!) and explicitly wiped everyone's memory of him coming back. So when things started off a bunch of people were like "oh this dude's fake and surely there'll be a big reveal later when the real Xavier shows back up".

And now years down the line it's just like "nah I guess they just kinda walked that back and that's the real Xavier"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GraPar posted:

Anyone else read Doctor Strange - Fall Sunrise? Loved it.

I did and have no clue what happened. Sure was pretty though.