Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Vox Nihili posted:

Just name one name.

There's no such thing as poster-mod privilege.

sometimes mods have revealed particularly stupid reports and it's been funny as gently caress, even. do it, the people demand it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Lux Animus posted:

destroy your [balls/gonads/ovaries] in any 1x plane, but for MARXRAM (v. important)

that's the fastpath for most goons, soz ;(

gently caress off back to your containment zone

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Xaris posted:

it sucks. free spr. i guess the one nice thing it's not an arbitrary 30+b, so... uh... good job??

cspam is this weird state where by all accounts its a fyad-lite thunderdome where you can insult a liberal and shitpost, but the admins historically hate the users

lol the admins hate all the forums and users now except gbs I guess

e: like theres a 40 page in pyf that is begging for the admins to talk to the userbase that the admins are clearly reading and yet refusing to post in

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 13:03 on Feb 24, 2023

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
18 minutes from a very funny post being made and said poster getting banned lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

John Charity Spring posted:

sometimes mods have revealed particularly stupid reports and it's been funny as gently caress, even. do it, the people demand it

the stuff about arf that came out somewhat recently was hilarious

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lmao i know you will never say who, but how many are for AiT posts

i think there were like half a dozen reports over the last week about AiT committing the horrible crime of posting "cars ftw", so based on the excel spreadsheet Jeff makes us fill out about who gets reported the most, that means I have to annihilate his account with a tactical nuclear missile

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cars ftw

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

dropping a sun on AiT's computer because cars are decidedly not ftw

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lmao

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the stuff about arf that came out somewhat recently was hilarious

reports ABOUT him or FROM him

honestly either could be really funny

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Raskolnikov38 posted:

e: like there’s a 40 page in pyf that is begging for the admins to talk to the userbase that the admins are clearly reading and yet refusing to post in

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Lux Animus posted:

Hi - I've been posting in the Trump thread more and move over the last couple months, and they've been rather welcoming! It moves very fast, which is one reason why some people (nosy-neighbor types, mostly?) might dislike it.

The posters there are largely an amusing and irreverent lot with similar senses of humor and leftish politics. There are personalities that grate against each other and complain like a pair of roommate cats might, but the mood is generally one of levity intended to shitpost away the existential blues of modern life while also posting recent news stories and funny twitter posts and so on. "Main Character Syndrome" is something that doesn't last long within that group, as there have been historically many bans and burnouts from the self-aggrandizing-posting crowd that hung out in the trump threads in the past.

Dunno what the problem some have with it or its posters nowadays, other than it's insular enough with its poster-lore that I agree it's like a different sub-channel of CSPAM, like the channel with the cartoons under the newscorp's larger media umbrella.

Suck my dick

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Yeah wtf, whats wrong with cars? Commuting sucks sure but the act of driving is great

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Raskolnikov38 posted:

e: like theres a 40 page in pyf that is begging for the admins to talk to the userbase that the admins are clearly reading and yet refusing to post in

the admins response to "either actually engage with user feedback or close qcs" was to close qcs, so

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i really doubt most of the user base cares about any of this, or they just find it funny

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Lol and also link please

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
not once has jeffrey posted in this thread. i worry he has abandoned us, we may never see his light in our forum

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Lol and also link please

not stux lol posted:

jeffrey iove hacked your precious webserver. free synthy from his posting prison or else. and just in case you think im joking:

https://i.imgur.com/WnfxJrx.mp4
your move...

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Im up to like page 20 of this feedback thread. D&D's feedback thread was a better read.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Brandon Proust posted:

the admins response to "either actually engage with user feedback or close qcs" was to close qcs, so

Don't forget Jeff database probating 130 people for a week for the crime of posting after Christmas

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it's very wild how they could diffuse this by saying anything at all, even a non-statement like "We're discussing what to say about all this" would be preferable to the radio silence going on

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Srice posted:

it's very wild how they could diffuse this by saying anything at all, even a non-statement like "We're discussing what to say about all this" would be preferable to the radio silence going on

When I become the new admin for GBS, PYF, and C-SPAM, I'll definitely take on a stronger community role in communicating relevant information to stakeholders involved in and affected by shifts in the forum environment.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

NeatHeteroDude posted:

When I become the new admin for GBS, PYF, and C-SPAM, I'll definitely take on a stronger community role in communicating relevant information to stakeholders involved in and affected by shifts in the forum environment.

:thanks:

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

It'll be a paradigm shift!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Jose posted:

Don't forget Jeff database probating 130 people for a week for the crime of posting after Christmas

PYF started a new Sagas thread this morning. If anybody wants to feel an admin panel probe just go and post in that honey pot.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

You wouldn't believe how many words I wrote in the mod forum saying probing an entire thread and then closing QCS were bad ideas

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

vyelkin posted:

You wouldn't believe how many words I wrote in the mod forum saying probing an entire thread and then closing QCS were bad ideas

Probing the entire thread was funny, but would have been better to do anywhere but qcs.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

My guess is that the community manager he hired has completed their evaluations and has presented Jeff with her extensive report on why SA isn't providing an increase in ARR YOY driven by an uptick in unique net-new user registrations

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It would have been funny as hell if it was 6 hours. A week was dumb

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

vyelkin posted:

only half as many words as I wrote about it being genius 4d chess

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Jeff will announce Alec Effiel is reinstated, but unoriginal name will stay permabanned. This will increase revenue.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
the mods are middle managers and no matter how many words they write they still won't be paid, listened to or cared about

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It was hilarious and should never happen again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

It would have been funny as hell if it was 6 hours. A week was dumb

Even a day would have been funny but escalating everything drastically and then ignoring what you've done seems standard now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

didnt read

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the pyf thread is like a dozen funny posts, and then people writing d&d style screeds about the website

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

KirbyKhan posted:

Im up to like page 20 of this feedback thread. D&D's feedback thread was a better read.

lmao and lol that yet another funny post has been punishable by death

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Terminal autist posted:

Yeah wtf, whats wrong with cars? Commuting sucks sure but the act of driving is great

its pretty bad that we have an entire culture around them here in the US, but that thread always just devolves into pyf car crashes

some of the early portions of that htread were interesting but theere is only so much you can say about infrastructure and how to better it. tahts also why i think its better just to have smaller threads that die or you can close once they get too aids

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the pyf thread is like a dozen funny posts, and then people writing d&d style screeds about the website

So a fairly typical feedback thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

That's how most qcs style threads go.