Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Probably. The storyline (and the strip in general) suggests the author would clear the fairly low nerdery requirement for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The boxes are also very :effort:. Why bother trying to draw a gundam box when you can just write "Gundam kit" on a white box.

it's actually a kit for that one cosplayer who just wrote "GUNDAM" on a box

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
the bus

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: Willy the Djinn

Well, that was a wet fart of a storyline! Here's hoping #20 - The Green Eyed Monster - fares better.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

In comical strip news, the dilberter man has only continued to accelerate his whatever the gently caress after being exiled from this thread.

Fully Unhinged ‘Dilbert’ Guy Tells White People to ‘Get the gently caress Away’ From Black People posted:

“I don’t think it makes any sense as a white citizen of America to try to help Black citizens anymore,” the pro-Trump cartoonist said, adding: “This can’t be fixed.”
Pro-Trump cartoonist Scott Adams pulled the mask all the way off this week, declaring on his podcast that white people should “get the hell away from Black people” while labeling African-Americans as a “hate group.”
Presumably this is part of his master persuasion plan where he cunningly acts like a huge piece of poo poo so people will be fooled into thinking he's a huge piece of poo poo. The rubes.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Drakyn posted:

In comical strip news, the dilberter man has only continued to accelerate his whatever the gently caress after being exiled from this thread.

Presumably this is part of his master persuasion plan where he cunningly acts like a huge piece of poo poo so people will be fooled into thinking he's a huge piece of poo poo. The rubes.

He's also floating a potential run for the Senate.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Drakyn posted:

Now he can claim he's dropped because he's Cancelled, not because he hasn't even been newspaper-grade funny for the last 20 years.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Payndz posted:

I've tried and tried, but I only get "Nonsense, this is an election year" vibes from this one. Is there some wordplay I'm missing about the giant and dwarf planets, or is the joke literally "We traded Mars for something else"?

I'm tangentially reminded of that Niven short story in Tales from the Draco Tavern, where Europan native aliens colonized subsurface oceans on Mars, and were waiting patiently for Humanity to get there and make first contact, but Humanity got distracted by the routine visits from the starfaring aliens that most of the Draco Tavern stories feature, and basically stopped space exploration, so they show up at the eponymous Tavern asking to buy the planet.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Drakyn posted:

Selachian posted:

He's also floating a potential run for the Senate.

"Dilbert's Garbageman is the world's smartest human. I like putting incongruous things together. The unanswered question about this character is why he would choose to be a garbageman if he was the smartest man in the world. But if you think about it, we wouldn't be in a position to judge anything done by the world's smartest person. Obviously his decisions would be different from our own--he's smarter! So if we don't understand why he does what he does, the problem is probably on our end."

--Self-described super genius Scott Adams (self-reported IQ of 185) describing his fictional genius in a way that has some nasty implications in hindsight.

It's a lesson as old as recorded time that a depressingly large number of people have always refused to learn: When someone describes another person as a genius, you might want to pay attention to the person they're talking about in case they're right, but when a guy describes himself as a genius, run the gently caress away.

I've been calling that "the Elon Principle" lately, but since everything's about branding these days, I'm nothing if not flexible.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (April 6, 1935)

Peanuts (February 27, 1976)

Miss Peach (August 11, 1989)

Crankshaft

I know what wallpaper is in computer terms. I'm just curious what TomBat thinks it is in web development terms.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (September 26, 1939)

Out Our Way (February 27-March 1, 1941)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 25, 2023

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

~Coxy posted:

Between this and Ramona the Pest I've always wondered about these boots that go on over your shoes.

I enjoy the word galoshes but have never actually seen any. I guess there is a modern analog.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

I know what wallpaper is in computer terms. I'm just curious what TomBat thinks it is in web development terms.

Somehow I just KNOW this website has that early-days-of-the-internet Geocities look with the loud colors, generic flashing graphics, and cutesy little "Under Construction" gifs.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

~Coxy posted:

Between this and Ramona the Pest I've always wondered about these boots that go on over your shoes.
I feel like I remember wearing them as a little little kid but I don't think they're common now. Probably weren't particularly common then either.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Remember yesterday's reference? Well here it is again today!

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Mara Llave is not showing up in my favorites so I missed it again the other day.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Mara Llave seems good but I forgot it existed so maybe they needed a substantially bigger backlog of strips. :shobon:

All I can focus on now in Mark Trail is how many different ways Jules will gently caress up quickly freehand sketching an item as rigid and predictable as a computer monitor. Invest in a ruler? OK wait I also admire the scripting incompetence of having Mark address Rod by his name in the first panel but also having the narration box tell you his name too.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Cthulhu and Girl

Elder god mind-fuckery confirmed permanent, I guess.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Bruceski posted:

Now he can claim he's dropped because he's Cancelled, not because he hasn't even been newspaper-grade funny for the last 20 years.

The Cleveland Plain-Dealer finally dropped him.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023...the-editor.html

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 3/20-22/50

Archie 8/15-17/46

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hope Ed gets the help he needs if he is dropping food like that and his family doesn't see it.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The Best Solution To A Corporate Monopoly? A Competitor Being Bankrolled By A Racially-Motivated Conspiracy.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (August 2-4, 1923)

Toonerville Folks (October 4-6, 1920)

Dok's Dippy Heartbreak of Hostilities (August 7, 1914)

Little Lefty (February 4-5, 1938; the strip published on the 3rd was the one from the 2nd doing an accidental Groundhog Day.)

e: for a late bulletin: MLive Media Group pulls D*lb*rt from their 8 newspapers. And the dominoes just keep a'fallin'...

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 25, 2023

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

The Phantom

I think you accidentally posted two consecutive Mary Worths here.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Esplanade posted:

Beautiful. They should have sent a poet.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Esplanade posted:

Holy poo poo yes

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Esplanade posted:

:bisonyes:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I only follow the comic strip thread intermittently, but Wilber is stalking people now?! Holy poo poo someone put that dude out of his misery.

Speaking of, apparently Funky Winkerbean ended too?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Because he only hits on teenagers

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Esplanade posted:

The news about Adams and now this... how could my day get any better?!

Oh, yeah! by posting Blueberry! Where today... Doree gets an encore request she hasn't encountered before, or Campbell gets a change of costume, or Earp gets upset at the town leaders of Tombstone

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
partner's birthday! missed a day

b]Heathcliff[/b]

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

interrestingly, the original run had the Botox gag be a Cher gag?

And the birth date update from 1950

Classic Arlo and Janis (March 23 & 24, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

riderchop fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Feb 25, 2023

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Considering the age of the artist this is a bit cruel, but...

Oh come on, that looks way better than the actual pancake Teodor made.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Dec. 18, 1955)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Esplanade posted:

:five: