Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Raskolnikov38 posted:

from my sixth hand knowledge there was little to no documentation regarding deposits/payments and when the OP was revealed as a gambler of some degree questions were raised that were never satisfactorily answered

why is this the bad kind of subforums fault according to cspam people who hate the other forums though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I dunno, what I posted is the extent of my knowledge

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

why is this the bad kind of subforums fault according to cspam people who hate the other forums though

the belief is that a sinister coterie of fyad/qcs/pyf posters who just love causing trouble destroyed a functioning goonfund to get their jollies. its the same mentality as like the death wish movies where criminals just love doing crimes and hurting people. in it for the love of the game.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

the belief is that a sinister coterie of fyad/qcs/pyf posters who just love causing trouble destroyed a functioning goonfund to get their jollies. its the same mentality as like the death wish movies where criminals just love doing crimes and hurting people. in it for the love of the game.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

There's so many threads to read to get the story on that. I don't wanna link or remember them all

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
anyway the funny part is its true and we all collaborated on an off-site in a coordinated gangstalking operation to ensure broke losers would starve. that was the ultimate end goal. we hate them and the forums.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lib and let die posted:

Well if it's legal, it must be ethical :)

i could care less if some goons got ripped off, but the kind of petty poo poo the irs goes after isnt in kind gifts of less than 10k, its like you not paying taxes on a starbucks gift card your boss gives you

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

KirbyKhan posted:

I trust, without investigating, that the UKMT Goonfund would provide very pretty spreadsheets with supporting documentation that explains every event and instance of non moment on the well projected timeline. But lmao I ain't reeding poo poo

what has the UKMT got to do with anything?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

what has the UKMT got to do with anything?

It's what nu-goon fund was modeled after

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

i could care less if some goons got ripped off,

That's not very comrade of you :(

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Someone in the pyf sagas thread noticed the goonfund and started asking questions, this lead to a QCS thread being made about it where people noticed more and more weird things. There definitely were weirdos who dislike CSPAM getting involved but I think a lot of the base questions about the fund were fair e.g. keeping track of funds and things like that. If you read the OG goonfund thread people made the same kinds of concerns and were flamed out of the thread. The previous goonfund thread was also derailed by someone questioning plinkey's gambling habits.

You can read the threads and make your own judgements.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903318

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014834

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4018833

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

how many pairs of pants did the goonfund buy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation

Al! posted:

i could care less if some goons got ripped off, but the kind of petty poo poo the irs goes after isnt in kind gifts of less than 10k, its like you not paying taxes on a starbucks gift card your boss gives you

i don't really care either, but i think that if people intend to give their money to a cause that is supposed to help people, shouldn't it go to help people?

also his fund was making $30k a year or something like that, and it was going direclty into his personap aypal account

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Throughout goin fund discourse the UKMT D&D thread always lobbied to take the goonfund under their responsible care. Which yeah, it is responsible by fiduciary standards, but that makes it a bad goodfund because I want money for toys and dinner.

If I was in charge of goonfund I would spend down every last cent into anybody who gave fund receiving account information. For each poster I would run three forums searches

1) "I just bought"
2) "steam sale"
3) "retard"

And calibrate amount given vs amount asked for according to my findings.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
yeah but as far as I know it works fine and the CSPAM one is broken as gently caress. He's trying to make this a perfidious albion thing and it's just not there.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The goonfund was too dense for me to bother following closely but I still find it pretty funny that all the people defending plinkey were saying he just paid taxes on all donations out of pocket rather than putting together a non-profit

Its obvious bullshit but I choose to believe it anyway because its very funny if he actually did that

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
id be remiss if i didnt include the opposing narrative which is that some goons thought it was funny that some cspam dipshits were giving plinkey a bunch of money to make themselves feel like they're good people who do good things. when this was pointed out, some other folks decided to try talking to plinkman in his own domain. this was met with such an insane amount of pushback and vitriol that people just started trolling the thread in response. jeff got wind of it and we know what happens then

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I bet the new goonfund is donating the money to terf causes.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah but as far as I know it works fine and the CSPAM one is broken as gently caress. He's trying to make this a perfidious albion thing and it's just not there.

no it actually works fine

copy
Jul 26, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

lol that theres a whole cadre of posters mad about plinkey

plinkey's posting pals are a force to be reckoned with and the reckoning.... oh it's here my friend

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation

croup coughfield posted:

id be remiss if i didnt include the opposing narrative which is that some goons thought it was funny that some cspam dipshits were giving plinkey a bunch of money to make themselves feel like they're good people who do good things. when this was pointed out, some other folks decided to try talking to plinkman in his own domain. this was met with such an insane amount of pushback and vitriol that people just started trolling the thread in response. jeff got wind of it and we know what happens then

its really weird because he was giving out this ifnormation and then suddenly stopped, like you wont ever please the people who want this subforum destroyed (me) but even i got X this month, and gave out Y would have been good enough? plinkey said he had to cover money out of his own personal account multiple times which is not good either

people also spoke for the fund despite not knowing details about it which lead to a lot of confusion.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
i think that was another case where the mods/admins should have stepped in and said "hey let us think about this for a while" and closed several threads but that didnt happen and the problem exploded into some pretty gross areas

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

people also spoke for the fund despite not knowing details about it which lead to a lot of confusion.

smarxist lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

that fuckin' guy lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Someone in the pyf sagas thread noticed the goonfund and started asking questions, this lead to a QCS thread being made about it where people noticed more and more weird things. There definitely were weirdos who dislike CSPAM getting involved but I think a lot of the base questions about the fund were fair e.g. keeping track of funds and things like that. If you read the OG goonfund thread people made the same kinds of concerns and were flamed out of the thread. The previous goonfund thread was also derailed by someone questioning plinkey's gambling habits.

You can read the threads and make your own judgements.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903318

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014834

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4018833

thank you for reconsidering

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

KirbyKhan posted:

Throughout goin fund discourse the UKMT D&D thread always lobbied to take the goonfund under their responsible care. Which yeah, it is responsible by fiduciary standards, but that makes it a bad goodfund because I want money for toys and dinner.

If I was in charge of goonfund I would spend down every last cent into anybody who gave fund receiving account information. For each poster I would run three forums searches

1) "I just bought"
2) "steam sale"
3) "retard"

I assume that "steam sale" means they would be more likely to get free money because it means they are thrifty

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
an addendum to the tale: the new goon fund was set up to try running things a bit more responsibly, and they do receive funds, disburse those funds, and track the inputs and outputs. this is unacceptable to some because a.) it not plinkey doing it in the sloppiest way possible, b.) because it means some posters "got their way" since it their resistance was never about the fund itself but about dumbass culture war poo poo, and b.) because they'd have to remember to actively participate instead of clicking a patreon link and forget about it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm glad smarxist is just a steam dumpster diver who only embarrasses himself twice a year now.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
high at work and will not be editing that

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

KirbyKhan posted:

1) "I just bought"
2) "steam sale"
3) "retard"

:dafuq:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

croup coughfield posted:

high at work and will not be editing that

tgif

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
smarxist has a good heart and an unbelievably bad brain

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

pretty sure all of the following are true:

1. a functioning group of mods wouldn't have allowed "give your money to a dude with no accountability and it gets distributed to people, maybe" in the first place, much less sticky it.

2. letting a dude get roasted with unsubstantiated accusations is a terrible way to get him to comply but on the other hand, it lets a bunch of people do a victory lap.

3. no amount of transparency would have satisfied the people who never cared about whether goons were being scammed, and the issue would never actually be resolved until he was perma'd and the fund shut down.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
this is true of nearly everyone in the mad about plinkey gang

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
why theres one now

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i'm glad plinkey is banned

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

croup coughfield posted:

it was the drama goons chasing drama yeah

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

CODChimera posted:

it was the drama goons chasing drama yeah

i understand that its important for you to believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation

Plinkey posted:

I've been constructing a cross for tomorrow

e: to put myself on