Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

My girlfriend (online)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

croup coughfield posted:

you could also do this! you could have friends! its easy!

friends own

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mawarannahr posted:

friends are people you've met irl

*removes you from steam friends list*

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

mawarannahr posted:

friends are people you've met irl

its true that friendship with people irl is much deeper and more important, but you can have posting pals and care about them and want to post with them. for example, i like you and enjoy posting with you.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

redneck nazgul posted:

on one hand, the drama posters get slapped by mods a lot

on the other hand, they get slapped by mods a lot because they make it a goal to antagonize them while also getting their punishments reduced if they cry enough and other people have been perma'd for much less

many sides!
Let them fight :twisted:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
then again i also have friends irl so i dont have a weird psychosis about my online friends

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*removes you from steam friends list*

i dont know what you did to that vincent van goastse r word but he hates you so much now

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The cheat code to being normal, on and offline, is friends and hell, it's worth a shot!!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the drama posters of: "hey why isn't this pedophile banned?" and "why do we have thread cosplaying as liveleak?"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i dont know what you did to that vincent van goastse r word but he hates you so much now

oh well lol

i dont think i've ever actually directly interacted with him since world of tanks

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

croup coughfield posted:

then again i also have friends irl so i dont have a weird psychosis about my online friends

i have friends irl and also weird psychosis about my online friends, hth

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he and like 3-4 other people keep calling for the destruction of cspam, which I can only condone in here. I think they rile Larry up too much.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

That dude thinks he's the best, when someone disagrees with him he just calls them mentally ill and moves on

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

maybe i probed him when i had IK powers??? but he definitely wasn't someone i tried to ban or perma

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

now discendo vox, that is a motherfucker i hate

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

now discendo vox, that is a motherfucker i hate

:emptyquote:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

its true that friendship with people irl is much deeper and more important, but you can have posting pals and care about them and want to post with them. for example, i like you and enjoy posting with you.
thank you, i like you as well and you keep a lid on the Marxism thread

croup coughfield posted:

the awkwardest moment of my life was mentioning Taintrunner by name, recounting the story of him introducing himself to Felix Biederman, to another person familiar with the story, while walking in a forest with them.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its nice to have friends

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

mawarannahr posted:

he and like 3-4 other people keep calling for the destruction of cspam, which I can only condone in here. I think they rile Larry up too much.
When they reminisced about toe shooter, dog bricker and the covid and trump folks they decided we were all freaks. welp

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

mawarannahr posted:

the awkwardest moment of my life was mentioning Taintrunner by name, recounting the story of him introducing himself to Felix Biederman, to another person familiar with the story, while walking in a forest with them.

lmfao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

When they reminisced about toe shooter, dog bricker and the covid and trump folks they decided we were all freaks. welp

they're right

also vvg is a fyad washout who very badly wanted their respect which imo explains everything about him

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think he's from old Surge-era GiP. Yeah, he's a huffy dingus.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

redneck nazgul posted:

on one hand, the drama posters get slapped by mods a lot

on the other hand, they get slapped by mods a lot because they make it a goal to antagonize them while also getting their punishments reduced if they cry enough and other people have been perma'd for much less

many sides!

just laugh at teh funny gopon stories and ignore the psychotifc posters that talk about tankies, xinxjiang or whatever the gently caress

like herstory spilling the deets about the D&D mods now that they're not longer in the mods good graces

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i dont have a clique i have a cadre

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

croup coughfield posted:

they're right

also vvg is a fyad washout who very badly wanted their respect which imo explains everything about him

feeling very enlightened upon learning this

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
i dont have a clique i have brain damage

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
im retardfed

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

lmao i talked about taintrunner with a guy I work with when the name Jude Doyle came up in passing conversation (as it does, at LibHQ)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
glad i never read this poo poo during the taintrunner times

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im retardfed

excuse me, is the beef here retardfed?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

500 good dogs posted:

You can have both. The forum is your oyster.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

its very funny thats there least 3 different groupings of posters who all hate each other but absolutely agree the admins and mods are hosed up

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its very funny thats there least 3 different groupings of posters who all hate each other but absolutely agree the admins and mods are hosed up

solidarity forever,

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

just like hmmm... maybe the problem actually is the staff :thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

500 good dogs posted:

goondolences

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

taintrunner is a pretty memorable name but i dont remember a god dambed thing about him

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf mods aren't a monolithic group either and the poster groupings all have different mods they love to hate in particular

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

croup coughfield posted:

curious what you mean by this

i don't think there's an actual conspiracy. there's no formal arrangement or agreement, just two groups getting loud at each other with no lasting consequences.

the drama crew help point out where the mods are especially fail and the admins give them more leeway than other people. the arrangement mostly works with the occasional ban or 30 day thrown out to keep the storyline going.

if the admins actually hated the drama crew, they'd be perma'd already. they can just do it. maybe find a few drop PMs if they feel like they need to justify something.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

taintrunner is a pretty memorable name but i dont remember a god dambed thing about him

basically he'd wait until someone came into the succ thread making a post that gave anyone in the democratic party the benefit of the doubt, even in like the mildest of hypotheticals, and then do an epic post calling them a fucker or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cuttlefush posted:

glad i never read this poo poo during the taintrunner times

Before bernie lost he wasn't that bad, but I thought he was just a dumb gimmick account. I came back to cspam after the election and he became incredibly awful, unbearably so and people loving loved him. It was so bizarre.