Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
can we start unbanning people? this forum is dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
sexpig should pm me if he's still posting since he knows i can keep the secret

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

croup coughfield posted:

absolutely. all owns belong in the public space. pms should be for like telling someone a game server is back up or to continue a normal people conversation that would be a derail in a given thread or something. lols belong to the people

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

err posted:

can we start unbanning people? this forum is dying

unban everyone except for the people I disliked that got banned. and no, I don't remember who I disliked

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Eason the Fifth posted:

No drama like SA drama, it's like flies fighting over a rotting body

Better than those flies who fight over a pile of poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my impression of dnd is that its like a big abusive family thats been arguing over the same poo poo with the same guys for 20 years except for that guy hillary killed in benghazi

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

my impression of dnd is that its like a big abusive family thats been arguing over the same poo poo with the same guys for 20 years except for that guy hillary killed in benghazi

and the guy that hillary killed still has a ceremonial place set out for him at every family holiday dinner. it's real weird.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

Yeah

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Also this was stated earlier in the thread but the "drama goons" wasn't really a clique, people from all sorts of subforums were in there and most of the time it was just banal video game or food talk. If you're more mad at the thread that probably makes too many Bust Rodd jokes instead of the GBS Ukraine thread or a site owner that just refuses to interface with his forum outside of arbitrarily killing people once every two weeks, then you probably need to reevaluate why you hate the "sagas/QCS crew".

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

and the guy that hillary killed still has a ceremonial place set out for him at every family holiday dinner. it's real weird.

on all other nights we eat all manner of fruits. why on this night do we only eat mangosteen?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

it's funny as hell, especially given how the guy who set up the infamous Hillary email server was a goon and even asked questions in SH/SC about server configuration and whatnot. at some point, Lowtax went through and not only deleted their account but scrubbed all their posts as thoroughly as possible including quotes I believe.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a weird thing about the sexpig perma is that the last like, two? accounts of his that have been killed seemed to have been posting very innocuous stuff and not in any of the politics forums. like why continue to enforce the perma if he's learned his lesson and is making regular posts in trad games?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

a weird thing about the sexpig perma is that the last like, two? accounts of his that have been killed seemed to have been posting very innocuous stuff and not in any of the politics forums. like why continue to enforce the perma if he's learned his lesson and is making regular posts in trad games?

Forums justice is punitive, not rehabilitative

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Azathoth posted:

it's funny as hell, especially given how the guy who set up the infamous Hillary email server was a goon and even asked questions in SH/SC about server configuration and whatnot. at some point, Lowtax went through and not only deleted their account but scrubbed all their posts as thoroughly as possible including quotes I believe.

Lmfao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ban every dnd poster from posting outside of dnd unless they give their avatar duelling scars

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Azathoth posted:

the PMs were just one part of it, he was, as you say "a cross-forum grudge psycho who simply couldnt stop trying to own the dnd libs" and that was why he was perma'ed

he likely would have ate a perma without them, but they definitely didn't help his case, because basically instead of even keeping it confined to bitching in the succ zone he was getting so worked up reading D&D that he was PMing people he didn't like to respond to their posts

Lmao

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Perma’s are really over applied anyway, should be a strong clear line on them and there shouldn’t be a lifetime achievement perma. Ignore function works. Scrolling down past posts you do t like works. Banning people every time they step over the line in the slightest works. What’s the point of perma’s except for outright violence or horrific poo poo like cp or admitting to watching vtubers

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

lobster shirt posted:

i didnt know this and its some bullshit. whoevers doing that should be broken on the wheel

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Perma’s are really over applied anyway, should be a strong clear line on them and there shouldn’t be a lifetime achievement perma. Ignore function works. Scrolling down past posts you do t like works. Banning people every time they step over the line in the slightest works. What’s the point of perma’s except for outright violence or horrific poo poo like cp or admitting to watching vtubers

when you overpunish for petty poo poo all the time you really have to ramp things up to make an example

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Azathoth posted:

Lol

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Permabans should only be reserved for illegal things (like that recent webcam spying thread) or for posters with such a bad, unlikable reputation that there's not a single place on the forums where they can be without them getting run out.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

permas should be reserved for being a sex weirdo or a cop or scamming other goons

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

all the old posters were all super libs back in the day that argued strongly against stuff like free healthcare as being impossible for America. They mellowed out in that they no longer think the poor should die of preventable illness but they also don't think anything should be better. Also like 50% of them were libertarians.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

alarumklok posted:

permas should be reserved for being a sex weirdo or a cop or scamming other goons

unless the scam is funny

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

az saying "his posts have been cruel and offensive" and then immediately backtracking to 'well actually its his pms that have been cruel and offensive, no you can't see them' kicked rear end

as did the followup when az said "look he's fine if he posts regular type" and then another admin decided to cut him off at the knees and say no, actually, for the crime of annoying the admins he doesn't get to even do those anymore

can't find it in me to get too mad about it, though; when you're good at getting under the skin of these people they get mad at you for it long-term.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

all the old posters were all super libs back in the day that argued strongly against stuff like free healthcare as being impossible for America. They mellowed out in that they no longer think the poor should die of preventable illness but they also don't think anything should be better. Also like 50% of them were libertarians.

in fairness like 50% of all dorks posting on message boards in the 2000s were libertarians, up until they got jobs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

croup coughfield posted:

when you overpunish for petty poo poo all the time you really have to ramp things up to make an example

permaing himself for unpaid child support

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

They mellowed out in that they no longer think the poor should die of preventable illness

:rubby:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

az saying "his posts have been cruel and offensive" and then immediately backtracking to 'well actually its his pms that have been cruel and offensive, no you can't see them' kicked rear end

as did the followup when az said "look he's fine if he posts regular type" and then another admin decided to cut him off at the knees and say no, actually, for the crime of annoying the admins he doesn't get to even do those anymore

can't find it in me to get too mad about it, though; when you're good at getting under the skin of these people they get mad at you for it long-term.

Az had a pretty good to great run as a mod/admin, although he’s definitely standing on the shoulders of paraplegic midgets, but the Sexpig affair was a pretty big black mark on an otherwise commendable record

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lowtax always picked the cowards option

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

croup coughfield posted:

i didnt know this and its some bullshit. whoevers doing that should be broken on the wheel

i didn't like obsessively comb the accounts post histories but i remember looking at a couple and their last ten posts (or whatever shows up when you click a users post history) were in like trad games or the TV forum. it would be funny if he was angrily dming people for d&d posts though

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i will support anyone that plans to review all the permas... gotta get the numbers up!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Az had a pretty good to great run as a mod/admin, although he’s definitely standing on the shoulders of paraplegic midgets, but the Sexpig affair was a pretty big black mark on an otherwise commendable record

i've got some sympathy, being the dedicated speaker to cspam sounds like the worst job imaginable and particularly when they make it clear no, none of the poo poo you say will be honored

still, "i promise, he will be allowed to return" followed by 'nope, made jeffrey mad, permaban means permaban' is some tasty poo poo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm ok with the poor dying of preventable diseases. Get a job, imo.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

this

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

i've got some sympathy, being the dedicated speaker to cspam sounds like the worst job imaginable and particularly when they make it clear no, none of the poo poo you say will be honored

still, "i promise, he will be allowed to return" followed by 'nope, made jeffrey mad, permaban means permaban' is some tasty poo poo

i legit regret saying that, fwiw. that was lovely

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
though since retiring, i've heard some concerning rumors about az...

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

i didn't like obsessively comb the accounts post histories but i remember looking at a couple and their last ten posts (or whatever shows up when you click a users post history) were in like trad games or the TV forum. it would be funny if he was angrily dming people for d&d posts though

i think what probably happens is their post gets reported, and then the mod/admin checks to see if they're a rereg so they get perma'd

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

500 good dogs posted:

when the rumors swirl around him,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

500 good dogs posted:

hosed up what he did to that dog with a brick