Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Smythe posted:

users go insane if you probate them for talking poo poo on the mods

the mods go insane if you don't

the master confucius calls upon his disciples to walk the middle way, to engage in effortless action. meditate on this

are you going to be the sad moderator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
"lets beat him with shovels" is a smoother close to an angry qcs mob thread than smythe will ever be given credit for

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

drat can’t believe they leaked this footage of QCS reopening too :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hezWPyEAy48

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

TheSlutPit posted:

Violen posted:

a peak behind the curtain of the admin forum...

(enable audio, if you would)

https://i.imgur.com/XkiZSMu.mp4

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

TheSlutPit posted:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

needs to be a single mod posting in an otherwise locked forum, just videos of them announcing forum grievances while gesticulating dramatically like the fat guy in Rome

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'll do it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

I cam save them

i like when the cum warriors guys reposted a video showing a telsa plowing into 2 people to own the chuds

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i like when the cum warriors guys reposted a video showing a telsa plowing into 2 people to own the chuds

Yeah they seem to do that a lot.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

musk thread does that stuff too

speng31b
May 8, 2010

anyways mod sass rules making a comeback. love it. everything old is new again

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

500 good dogs posted:

are you going to be the sad moderator

letting him remain moderator of a closed forum would be funnier

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
sad is up btw

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao the manatee one

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

The PYF Sagas thread is closed and will not be reopened. There were expectations set when the thread was allowed to return after being gassed previously, and those conditions were not met. This week, things escalated quickly to an unmanageable state, and Jeffrey was available to back up the decision to close the PYF Sagas thread. We have discussed this with The Saddest Rhino, and we appreciate his numerous attempts to get the thread back on track. Like we have previously mentioned, the admins do not see this as a moderation failure because Rhino was in communication with us and trying to navigate one of the most difficult threads to manage after closing QCS.

PYF is one of the most welcoming forums on SA through a lot of hard work over the years, and we do not want to see its reputation damaged. In its current form, the PYF Sagas thread is creating a rift between users on the site, instead of bringing them together. That has not always been the case. When the Sagas thread worked, it was under constant daily moderation to keep it on track for historical sagas, not current drama. It is clear to us that goons are incapable of understanding where that line is, including how to watch "drama" from a distance and not take the jokes to a personal level. Unfortunately, it has now begun to spread to other places around the forums -- including the mod forum. We cannot let this administrative failure further impact the rest of this site.

Thankfully, we have a space built within these forums for funny flame wars and "no rules" posting - it is FYAD. If someone wants a place to make fun of the weird hosed up poo poo that happens on this website, FYAD exists. Hell, it even has a thread for making fun of this stuff for ages.

thread closed

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wow you guys did it, the gbs ukraine thread is closed

i take back my sass, well done

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

The PYF Sagas thread is closed and will not be reopened. There were expectations set when the thread was allowed to return after being gassed previously, and those conditions were not met. This week, things escalated quickly to an unmanageable state, and Jeffrey was available to back up the decision to close the PYF Sagas thread. We have discussed this with The Saddest Rhino, and we appreciate his numerous attempts to get the thread back on track. Like we have previously mentioned, the admins do not see this as a moderation failure because Rhino was in communication with us and trying to navigate one of the most difficult threads to manage after closing QCS.

PYF is one of the most welcoming forums on SA through a lot of hard work over the years, and we do not want to see its reputation damaged. In its current form, the PYF Sagas thread is creating a rift between users on the site, instead of bringing them together. That has not always been the case. When the Sagas thread worked, it was under constant daily moderation to keep it on track for historical sagas, not current drama. It is clear to us that goons are incapable of understanding where that line is, including how to watch "drama" from a distance and not take the jokes to a personal level. Unfortunately, it has now begun to spread to other places around the forums -- including the mod forum. We cannot let this administrative failure further impact the rest of this site.

Thankfully, we have a space built within these forums for funny flame wars and "no rules" posting - it is FYAD. If someone wants a place to make fun of the weird hosed up poo poo that happens on this website, FYAD exists. Hell, it even has a thread for making fun of this stuff for ages.

oh my loving god

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol feels bad to see admins get off work friday and have to write up emails (post) for something awful.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
they absolutely love it though. is the hosed up thing

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i don't see anything... fake news

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I legit had to check if that was supposed to be a comedy copy paste of the qcs is closed post

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh my loving god

Its such a bad fuckin response. Vinchy QCS is gonna be fuckin magical

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

this is such a funny website, im glad i came back and only regret not coming back sooner...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
genuinely all the best to prag

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

we cannot let this administrative failure continue to impact the site so we made sure to change absolutely nothing about admins

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
threads that automatically close is some real sicko poo poo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
They made the JIRA forum. Ticket systems for your grievances. Amazing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This all seems a bit silly but I'm 3 flying dog beers deep and that poo poo is strong

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol it's up now

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

thread closed

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I am going to completely, and permanently, cause reputational damage to PYF. Now, if you excuse me..... [begins mocking war gore thread]

speng31b
May 8, 2010

more or less what i expected

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: it really is JIRA

speng31b
May 8, 2010

guessing now that all the shitposty ways people liked to vent are closed permanently it'll leak into every place it shouldn't be, and as a result mod sass and posting about posters and backseat mod rules will flood back in full force

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

brb posting in fyad

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

time to write a ticket for all my permabanned friends

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I respect the idea to try something different because QCS was clearly broken but everyone involved in workshopping this as the solution should never be in a position to implement their ideas ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i appreciate the effort theyve put in when they could have made a 3-12 hour post timer