Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

speng31b posted:

rip to Lee van Cleef there was a real one

sabata ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

500 good dogs posted:

idk I don't really have friends

get yourself some jordans or air force ones my brother

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ya dude the italians made some sick films

to quote myself from the pop culture thread

i enjoy the italian cop films that touch on years of lead/P2 stuff, matter of fact deep state conspiracies like the bomb throwing anarchists/kidnappers (aldo moro!) being funded by fascists/industrialists as false flags, with awesome stunt driving and guys like tomas milian chewing up the scenery. a lot of them are straight dirty harry style reactionary action films too

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the sad thing is so funny jeff has no idea how to run a forum it loving rules there are like decades of community management best practices and like lowtax he ignores them to shoot himself in the dick

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i can finally watch real movies now that my BITCH girlfriend is out of state on a work trip
thats cuz shes getting touched by geek squad at a best buy rn for the week

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ya dude the italians made some sick films

to quote myself from the pop culture thread

i really need to watch more italian cinema, and maybe some 50s-70s french cinema. ive seen a few italian westerns but not much

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

bud spencer and terence hill ftw

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_PNrNw-esA&t=20s

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

thankfully i have two young children so instead of canceling plans to lol at the forums i simply never had any to begin with

BROTHER

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I went from old school scrapers to drop top Porsche’s. you couldn’t walk a mile in my air forces!!! :hehe:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Xaris posted:

i really need to watch more italian cinema, and maybe some 50s-70s french cinema. ive seen a few italian westerns but not much

for sure, tons of giallo, italian crime, and spaghetti westerns are coming out now in gorgeous hd editions if you're a physical media nerd or :filez:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

bud spencer and terence hill ftw

:hai:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

for sure, tons of giallo, italian crime, and spaghetti westerns are coming out now in gorgeous hd editions if you're a physical media nerd or :filez:

:hai:

unfortunately i dont do physical media (1BR apt perma-rentier ftw) but i'm definitely down to files

what do you recommend

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

told my friends I couldn't go to the movies tonight because there's too much content online and I don't want to fall behind

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

thankfully i have two young children so instead of canceling plans to lol at the forums i simply never had any to begin with

alas you've discovered my true secret

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
haha sorry guys.. can't make it. a thread in gbs got closed.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

haha sorry guys.. can't make it. a thread in gbs got closed.

it's going to take all night to find a new source of gore videos, movies can wait

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i can't make it but i can definitely come

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hahaha somebody autobanned (goatse warning) because the gbs ukraine thread got closed: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4025221&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post530060692

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
the sad forum for sad boys and girls

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
meh

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lol that the PYF sagas thread got closed. extremely Grievance based thread from my limited experience with it. constant whining about how the forums are out to get them and lamenting the tribalistic, cliquish nature of the forums and then the moment I disagreed with a total stranger about something totally unrelated in the thread after posting harmoniously for several days I was probated and the regulars began dissecting my post history and rap sheet to determine which Side I was on and which Grudge I was pursuing. demented

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

hahaha somebody autobanned (goatse warning) because the gbs ukraine thread got closed: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4025221&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post530060692

lol another unironic jeffrey denies genocide

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lol that the PYF sagas thread got closed. extremely Grievance based thread from my limited experience with it. constant whining about how the forums are out to get them and lamenting the tribalistic, cliquish nature of the forums and then the moment I disagreed with a total stranger about something totally unrelated in the thread after posting harmoniously for several days I was probated and the regulars began dissecting my post history and rap sheet to determine which Side I was on and which Grudge I was pursuing. demented

dissect? it was pretty much right away, from memory. you and the rest of the people have a problem with the "pyf clique" mostly because you personally got made fun of by someone or multiple someones who also posted in it and other people who didn't know you or them before agreed that you were worthy of some ridicule. and you're all still mad about it

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Xaris posted:

unfortunately i dont do physical media (1BR apt perma-rentier ftw) but i'm definitely down to files

what do you recommend

okay drat,

giallo:

your vice is a locked room and only i have the key - all time great thriller
death laid an egg - very cspam
don't torture a ducking - fulci's excoriation of rural italian misogyny
perfume of the lady in black + autopsy - 2 good ones with mimsy farmer, autopsy has a great pseudoscience premise of solar flares causing psycho killings
argento's deep red and cat o'nine tails. phenomena is a late giallo of his from 1985 with jennifer connelly and donald pleasance, maybe my favorite film of his

spag westerns:

the sartana films with gianni garko and george hilton - slick cool fun
the great silence
mannaja
django with franco nero
django, prepare a coffin - semi-official sequel with terence hill doing a serious turn in nero's role
the big gundown & run man run with tomas milian

cop films:

fernando di leo's milan trilogy
emergency squad - great stunt driving + tomas milian
revolver with oliver reed and fabio testi
redneck with an unhinged performance from telly savalas
violent professionals
confessions of a police captain - the mafia as a reactionary bulwark against labor

these are just some of the incredible films available

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cuttlefush posted:

dissect? it was pretty much right away, from memory. you and the rest of the people have a problem with the "pyf clique" mostly because you personally got made fun of by someone or multiple someones who also posted in it and other people who didn't know you or them before agreed that you were worthy of some ridicule. and you're all still mad about it

I have no idea what the gently caress you are talking about

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
yeah you do

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

To be clear (stop posting here) and lay everything out for you (you should stop posting here) Plinkey's fund first began as him buying food for cspam goons (leave the thread). He would give them money or (don't come back) just straight up buy it for them and have it sent to their address (you are not welcome in this thread). He did this because he didn't want any goon (no one wants you here) to starve and did it entirely out of his own pocket.

That is why the fund was intended for small expenses; it was supposed to (you are embarrassing yourself fun hater) buy pizza for people, not pay their rent, out of the pocket of one (just go away and stop reading or posting about this) person who was not particularly well off, within his means to help people.

Plinkey never (stop posting here) wanted or intended for this to be a charity or a huge fund, he merely (do not post here anymore) took money offered by people who saw what he was doing and were inspired by it (go away) and passed it on to the people he was helping. Over time the mutual aid effort grew in size and scope (get out) and he tried to maintain its sustainability despite never signing up for any of this, just wanting to buy food for people (go back to drawing your comic) because many goons had grown to depend on it (stop posting here) and he presumably didn't want to abandon them.

That's where you (stop posting here) and the other PYF drama crew members (stop posting here) come in to dig up old concerns about transparency (leave the thread) and put him on blast (stop posting here) as a degenerate gambler, liar, and thief robbing the poor people of CSPAM (stop posting here). Which has obviously and frankly justifiably tanked his willingness to continue coming back to this thing where he is constantly slandered and mocked for having helped people and continuing to do so.

In short, stop posting here, this is not a charity, stop posting here, and it never was one, stop posting here, or intended to be one, stop posting here, and Plinkey very obviously did not set out to scam anyone, stop posting here, despite getting in over his head, stop posting here, and struggling to stay motivated, stop posting here, in continuing to do this very depressing and thankless work. Stop posting here, fun hater.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I'm confused so it would be helpful if everyone kept posting

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lol...

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol another unironic jeffrey denies genocide

unfuck your moral compass. leave now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That is a pretty good demonstration of my point though

You all!!!

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah you do

Please understand that I could not possibly even summon the emotional investment to lie

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

okay drat,

giallo:

perfume of the lady in black + autopsy - 2 good ones with mimsy farmer, autopsy has a great pseudoscience premise of solar flares causing psycho killings
argento's deep red and cat o'nine tails. phenomena is a late giallo of his from 1985 with jennifer connelly and donald pleasance, maybe my favorite film of his

spag westerns:

the great silence
mannaja
django with franco nero
django, prepare a coffin - semi-official sequel with terence hill doing a serious turn in nero's role

cop films:

violent professionals
confessions of a police captain - the mafia as a reactionary bulwark against labor

unironicalyl awesome, thank you. I'm adding these to my plex so I don't forget

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I'm confused so it would be helpful if everyone kept posting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

i enjoy the italian cop films that touch on years of lead/P2 stuff, matter of fact deep state conspiracies like the bomb throwing anarchists/kidnappers (aldo moro!) being funded by fascists/industrialists as false flags, with awesome stunt driving and guys like tomas milian chewing up the scenery. a lot of them are straight dirty harry style reactionary action films too

Please give me some recommendations. I really love the Beat Takeshi like yakuza films. If you want a good bollywood gangster movie i'd recommend this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shootout_at_Lokhandwala

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Xaris posted:

happy to help!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

okay drat,

giallo:

spag westerns:

the great silence
mannaja
django with franco nero

cop films:

violent professionals

Xaris posted:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lobster shirt posted:

To be clear (stop posting here) and lay everything out for you (you should stop posting here) Plinkey's fund first began as him buying food for cspam goons (leave the thread). He would give them money or (don't come back) just straight up buy it for them and have it sent to their address (you are not welcome in this thread). He did this because he didn't want any goon (no one wants you here) to starve and did it entirely out of his own pocket.

That is why the fund was intended for small expenses; it was supposed to (you are embarrassing yourself fun hater) buy pizza for people, not pay their rent, out of the pocket of one (just go away and stop reading or posting about this) person who was not particularly well off, within his means to help people.

Plinkey never (stop posting here) wanted or intended for this to be a charity or a huge fund, he merely (do not post here anymore) took money offered by people who saw what he was doing and were inspired by it (go away) and passed it on to the people he was helping. Over time the mutual aid effort grew in size and scope (get out) and he tried to maintain its sustainability despite never signing up for any of this, just wanting to buy food for people (go back to drawing your comic) because many goons had grown to depend on it (stop posting here) and he presumably didn't want to abandon them.

That's where you (stop posting here) and the other PYF drama crew members (stop posting here) come in to dig up old concerns about transparency (leave the thread) and put him on blast (stop posting here) as a degenerate gambler, liar, and thief robbing the poor people of CSPAM (stop posting here). Which has obviously and frankly justifiably tanked his willingness to continue coming back to this thing where he is constantly slandered and mocked for having helped people and continuing to do so.

In short, stop posting here, this is not a charity, stop posting here, and it never was one, stop posting here, or intended to be one, stop posting here, and Plinkey very obviously did not set out to scam anyone, stop posting here, despite getting in over his head, stop posting here, and struggling to stay motivated, stop posting here, in continuing to do this very depressing and thankless work. Stop posting here, fun hater.

I remember I really wanted them to try and edit the "stop posting here" out of this post when they quoted it like they had the last time they quoted me, but sadly they were probated before they would have gotten a chance to answer, and then I was probated. Another failed goon project

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

hmm i think we're just creating more beefs

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

CODChimera posted:

hmm i think we're just creating more beefs

not me.... im chilling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022