Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Gsv gently caress your god (love the culture ref btw) makes some good points the tankies can't really refute. Here's another good one

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

I think sanctions should continue on Russia indefinitely. They should be made far more complete. There should never be any trade between them and the West until the Russian state collapses.

As we recall the last time Russia collapsed and balkanized in the 90s it had the fantastic results we can see today. We need more of this, and also it should be treated like 90s Iraq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fanfic insert posted:

heh, gbs and dnd losing their war threads while cspam have its war thread mod and admin resign.

ML gets results

I imagine the flare ups are due to everything in Ukraine and Europe going so swimmingly well that people are just overjoyed at the current situation.

Definitely not lashing out at one another in pointless impotent rage because the plan isn't working out and primacy of a nation is at stake. Better to rage and deny rather than revise.

Ultimately well, it keeps them off the streets.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fanfic insert posted:

heh, gbs and dnd losing their war threads while cspam have its war thread mod and admin resign.

ML gets results

lol.

also lol that tankie became used unironically by people who have no idea where it comes from

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

lol.

also lol that tankie became used unironically by people who have no idea where it comes from

Well they can't call us nazis now because just look at Ukraine lol. They have to use a new term for "people I don't like".

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
russia should absolutely collapse so i can buy nukes on ebay

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
guys I've been reading the other threads (big mistake I know) and I'm starting to wonder if they're actually making up people in their heads to be mad about, the stuff they're saying C-spam things is kind of out of this world made up and insane. Genuinely deranged behavior.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
putting in a return because my nuke didnt work

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1629145143289819140?t=IevB7FONtQ235hRTLlCXjw&s=19

More mom and pop war criminals!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

putting in a return because my nuke didnt work

Thanks for contacting discount dan's nuke warehouse and persian rug emporium. Your call has been placed in a queue. You are number 56. The current estimated wait time is 4 hours.

(slightly too loud piano music starts playing)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

guys I've been reading the other threads (big mistake I know) and I'm starting to wonder if they're actually making up people in their heads to be mad about, the stuff they're saying C-spam things is kind of out of this world made up and insane.

the d&d ones are of particularly high insanity quotient

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

guys I've been reading the other threads (big mistake I know) and I'm starting to wonder if they're actually making up people in their heads to be mad about, the stuff they're saying C-spam things is kind of out of this world made up and insane. Genuinely deranged behavior.

All my enemies are Evil and I am Good, a 14-part thesis

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
on 2nd thought *ahem*

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 13:59 on Feb 25, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Not So Fast posted:

Ah one of my finest works, very proud of that one.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

honestly I think all the war threads should be closed, including this one. Maybe make smaller topic based threads about the status of bakhmut or other major current events in the conflict instead?

Just seems like chat about the essential morality of the conflict is always hyperaids and breaks the brains of everyone involved, and as funny as specific meltdowns sometimes have been, i don't think it's a good idea to leave this thread open to get flooded yet again by psychos threatening to unironically kill people because they've decided posting is a literal warfront or whatever

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I mean most economic connections are already severed besides some gas coming in from a single pipeline (which Europe very much still needs).

speng31b posted:

honestly I think all the war threads should be closed, including this one. Maybe make smaller topic based threads about the status of bakhmut or other major current events in the conflict instead?

Just seems like chat about the essential morality of the conflict is always hyperaids and breaks the brains of everyone involved, and as funny as specific meltdowns sometimes have been, i don't think it's a good idea to leave this thread open to get flooded yet again by psychos threatening to unironically kill people because they've decided posting is a literal warfront or whatever

I don't know if it needs to be a war thread but it doesn't seem really fair not to be able to dicuss the former Soviet Union. Also, the war is still a big topic even in an international sense. Honestly, it sounds more like their problem to be honest.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Well, then it's good they can now come here and get mad at actual posters instead of imaginary posters.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Skellybones posted:

I thought that CSPAM thread was too spicy for me, what with the overt calls for genocide, support for certain Chinese actions in Xinjiang, and claims that George Soros was controlling particular aspects of international politics, so I’ll probably settle here and enjoy nice sensible discussions instead :)

Anyway I hope this thread doesn’t get closed too.

e: this is off-topic, my bad.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Not So Fast posted:

thinking about when the printing press took off in europe and nobles were composing invective against each other with titles like "Rebuttal of the Most Good And Noble Poster of the House of GBS against the Feckless and Godless Evil of the Bishopric of CSPAM"

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Al-Saqr posted:

also who in their right mind would ever sympathize with europe given what theyve been up to.

also im convinced the t14 armata is russias f-35, people have completely forgotten how and why they make tanks and planes anymore
F-35 has actually seen action while the t14 hasn't? It is fun to dogpile on to the F-35 in a vacuum with it's cost, lovely availability rates, etc... at least it is getting used. For some reason after the sanctions in 2014 Russia stopped making the T14 :thunk:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

speng31b posted:

agreed, we need to set up filtration camps containment threads to vet them before they can receive their ppp (permanent posting permit).

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Even the equipment making the t14 didn't want to make the t14 and then it all mysteriously caught fire and burned down.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tafferling posted:

Also, fascists in Ukraine, meh, there are no more or less than in every other nation on earth. If anything the scary fascist Azov batallion has been disbanded albeit after getting elevated to heroic status after Mariupol(guess whose fault it is?)

lol Christ. Is this what was going on in GBS?

It’s a national ideology founded on romanticizing a subregion collaborating with the literal Third Reich, and blood and soil nationalism. How the gently caress is claiming Bandera as the founder of the nation anything less?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Budzilla posted:

F-35 has actually seen action while the t14 hasn't? It is fun to dogpile on to the F-35 in a vacuum with it's cost, lovely availability rates, etc... at least it is getting used. For some reason after the sanctions in 2014 Russia stopped making the T14 :thunk:

The F-35 has seen very little action considering how many there are of them and how much money has been dumped on them. Also, the T-14 was unveiled in 2015, even then I don't know what mysterious technology that they need they couldn't just get through other sources unless you believe Russia can't free just get the electronics it wants at this point. I think the Russians realized that expensive new tanks really aren't the answer and they could upgrade multiple existing T-90s for the same time and cost of a T-14. The T-14 is still being produced (there is evidence) but it is at low rates.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 14:06 on Feb 25, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

speng31b posted:

it's good imo. without megathreads you're not likely to get the density of posters that generates weird side tangents on eastern european nationalism, gas pipeline details and/or nazi family background info of EU officials who say braindead poo poo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Budzilla posted:

Ah yeah I forgot about how the f-35 performed amazingly in the great Balloon war of 2023.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

crepeface posted:

it's good imo. without megathreads you're not likely to get the density of posters that generates weird side tangents on eastern european nationalism, gas pipeline details and/or nazi family background info of EU officials who say braindead poo poo

Also we had a great discussion about how to re-create 1990's pizza hut pizza at home.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Al-Saqr posted:

Ah yeah I forgot about how the f-35 performed amazingly in the great Balloon war of 2023.

That was a F-22.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

Also we had a great discussion about how to re-create 1990's pizza hut pizza at home.

do NOT summon evilmiera pls

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OhFunny posted:

That was a F-22.

Even blowing up a balloon was too much for the F-35.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Add yeast to the crust and dump a bunch of olive oil in a iron skillet?

DancingShade posted:

Even blowing up a balloon was too much for the F-35.

America needed its best up there

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm very glad that I've never been terminally online enough for the closure of a single forum thread to completely shatter my mind and send me hooting and hollering into the woods.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

speng31b posted:

i don't think it's a good idea to leave this thread open to get flooded yet again by psychos threatening to unironically kill people because they've decided posting is a literal warfront or whatever

they can threaten to kill me. i can take it. im cspam jesus

speng31b
May 8, 2010

1stGear posted:

I'm very glad that I've never been terminally online enough for the closure of a single forum thread to completely shatter my mind and send me hooting and hollering into the woods.

It would be cool to try to normalize threads closing more and being reborn in new forms

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ardennes posted:

Add yeast to the crust and dump a bunch of olive oil in a iron skillet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TjUWnAK0cg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWG4fF-7eC4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I respect the sovereignty of the Donetsk

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

1stGear posted:

I have really bad news about the state of your mental health if you're posting here.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i'm normal. but in a genuinely evil way.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

they can threaten to kill me. i can take it. im cspam jesus

prove it. Change your forums username to cspam jesus

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Al-Saqr posted:

I have really bad news about the state of your mental health if you're posting here.

Its still better than GBS posters at least.