Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

OhFunny posted:

The Wagner troops have taken Yahidne and Dubovo-Vasilevka. Ukrainian forces have pulled out of later after the Wagner troops took the high ground north of the town. The way is now open to Khromove and the final supply road into Bakhmut.

The Russian Army is pushing forward toward Krasnohorivka and Pervomais'ke in what may be an attempt to encircle the city of Avdiivka.

thank you for the maps

sincerely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Frosted Flake posted:

lol Christ. Is this what was going on in GBS?

It’s a national ideology founded on romanticizing a subregion collaborating with the literal Third Reich, and blood and soil nationalism. How the gently caress is claiming Bandera as the founder of the nation anything less?

Dude, calm down, there's a jew at the helm. Unless you think he's a fake.

I somehow think slurping Bandera's cock isn't the first thing Ukrainians think about when waking up in the morning.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Tafferling posted:

I somehow think slurping Bandera's cock isn't the first thing Ukrainians think about when waking up in the morning.

you mean the dude who during the campaign said that his Jewish heritage wasn't even a top 20 issue with him? Implying it was one just not a big one and for some reason needed to be downplayed.

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 14:30 on Feb 25, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why does Zelenskys ethnicity or religion matter.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they can’t be nazis. they don’t speak German as a main language.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
White supremacy and systemic racism ended in America when Barack Obama was elected president

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
yeah theres a jew at the helm, but he’s short as hell.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

america stopped being a white supremacist country while obama was president, after all

e: lol dammit

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Academics: Russia Selling Oil Way Over Price Cap

quote:

The calculations show that Russia sold its crude oil for about $74 per barrel on average, according to the paper “Assessing the Impact of International Sanctions on Russian Oil Exports” published on the Social Science Research Network.

The paper studied two things: the effects of the EU embargo and the G7 price cap on Russian seaborne crude oil.

“We find that Russia was able to redirect crude oil exports from Europe to alternative markets such as India, China, and Turkey but that export earnings were curbed substantially by the sizable discounts that Russian exporters had to accept in market segments where the impending EU embargo lowered demand.”

“However,” the report goes on to say, “we do not find crude oil discounts as large as those reflected in Urals prices toward the end of 2022. In particular, prices in market segments that are unaffected by lower European demand, e.g., exports from Russia’s Pacific Ocean ports, have not dropped in a meaningful way and shipments do not appear to comply with the price cap.”

“Moreover, our surprising finding of a significant share of Russian crude oil being sold well-above the price cap level of $60 a barrel urgently calls for further investigation of these transactions and reinforces the need for stepped-up enforcement,” the authors said, and recommended that ‘the price caps on crude oil should be lowered as soon as possible.”

Well, so much for that idea.

A buyers cartel for oil was doomed to fail after no one outside the West joined in.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Ardennes posted:

The F-35 has seen very little action considering how many there are of them and how much money has been dumped on them.
How much action F-22s, FA-18s, F-16s have seen in the past year? Not much compared to 7 or 8 years ago with the Syrian Civil War and ISIS.

Ardennes posted:

Also, the T-14 was unveiled in 2015 and even then I don't know what mysterous technology that they need they couldn't just get through other sources unless you believe Russia can't free just get the electronics it wants at this point.
Russia projected that it would have 2000+ T-14s in the mid 2020s back in the year 2014. Most military equipment is not built with off the shelf technology but is designed and purchased years in advance. Not much action from an aircraft is different from something that has been in the prototype stage for 10+ years.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
the bradley however

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tafferling posted:

Also, fascists in Ukraine, meh, there are no more or less than in every other nation on earth. If anything the scary fascist Azov batallion has been disbanded albeit after getting elevated to heroic status after Mariupol(guess whose fault it is?) while Russian fascists are still merrily warcriming and hammering its own soldiers heads in.

Still can't say I've had anyone explain in detail how the self-proclaimed Führer of their local holocaust collaborators was actually a moderate except that one time I went out drinking with colleagues from Kiev. Someone clearly has been putting in a lot of work to rehabilitate the local fash.

1stGear posted:

I'm very glad that I've never been terminally online enough for the closure of a single forum thread to completely shatter my mind and send me hooting and hollering into the woods.

there's still time

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
woke up thinking about war on this saturday morning, decided to come and see what's going on, anything new?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i gotta admit, the gbs posters being so bad that the d&d mod had to close the thread is pretty funny.

Budzilla posted:

How much action F-22s, FA-18s, F-16s have seen in the past year? Not much compared to 7 or 8 years ago with the Syrian Civil War and ISIS.

well there was this fleet of balloons...

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

crepeface posted:

i gotta admit, the gbs posters being so bad that the d&d mod had to close the thread is pretty funny.

lol

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Tafferling posted:

Again, this is the same guy who couldn't stand up to the neo-Nazi militias who were shelling Donetsk continously

Zelenskyy is comparable to Obama in how the only effect he has on actually fighting racism is idyllic

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cithen posted:

woke up thinking about war on this saturday morning, decided to come and see what's going on, anything new?

Basically no. Everything just grinding misery.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tafferling posted:

Dude, calm down, there's a jew at the helm.

Phew. For a moment I thought somebody would memorialize the perpetrators of the Holocaust as founders of the nation, pogrom Roma as “collaborators” within a day of a war starting, describe their enemies in explicitly racial terms as Asiatic, appoint senior military leadership who wear swastika charm bracelets, allow the widespread painting of the Balkenkreuz on armoured vehicles….

But if there ”a Jew” “at the helm” (peep that video of him with Azov), then none of that matters. 🥹

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cithen posted:

on the battlefield? not much, russia captured bekhova.

diplomatically? china released a pretty mild policy position

on the forums? WELL,

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

east Kiev was pretty funny.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

the vast majority of Ukrainian people are fine, and Zelenskyy feels more like a putz dealt a bad hand then a bad person. but a disturbing amount of Ukrainian politicians are unabashed about revering Nazis in order to be anti-communist

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol An Israeli citizen was killed at a Ukrainian checkpoint I think on the first day of the war, among many other whoopsie daisies against Jewish and Roma people in western Ukraine when things popped off

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fanfic insert posted:

the better approach would be: African-Americans, as a group, owned a lesser percentage of American wealth after 8 years of Obama's presidency, even though a larger percentage of them were employed.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
all this african talk has reminded me of when they kicked black ppl off trains when people fled kyiv

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

This special three day operation has seen great success at demilitarizing Russia at least.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

fanfic insert posted:

you mean the dude who during the campaign said that his Jewish heritage wasn't even a top 20 issue with him? Implying it was one just not a big one.

Then they aren't really nazis, are they?
"Excuse me herr kommandant, I shouldn't actually be scheduled for the gas chamber because being jew isn't even my top 20 issue!"

I still remain strongly unconvinced about the presumed nazification of Ukrainian society.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Budzilla posted:

Russia projected that it would have 2000+ T-14s in the mid 2020s back in the year 2014. Most military equipment is not built with off the shelf technology but is designed and purchased years in advance. Not much action from an aircraft is different from something that has been in the prototype stage for 10+ years.

As I said, they prioritized the modernization of their other tanks because it was simply more cost efficient. The t-14 exists, but they shifted budget priorities, probably because of the Donbass conflict.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Tafferling posted:

Then they aren't really nazis, are they?
"Excuse me herr kommandant, I shouldn't actually be scheduled for the gas chamber because being jew isn't even my top 20 issue!"

I still remain strongly unconvinced about the presumed nazification of Ukrainian society.

Yeah i amended that post with some clarification of what i meant

fanfic insert posted:

you mean the dude who during the campaign said that his Jewish heritage wasn't even a top 20 issue with him? Implying it was one just not a big one and for some reason needed to be downplayed.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait even the DnD thread got closed?

Well well well empire state building

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Sedgr posted:

This special three day operation has seen great success at demilitarizing Russia at least.

Agreed. They've already started running out of ammo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the NATO bot is malfunctioning, goes into CSPAM, can only wail and parrot catchphrases - PROJECTION. many such cases!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
ukrainians are chuds

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

kinda wish my party would abstain from commenting on this dumb war as often since they keep toeing the campism line and looking like easy marks for everyone else whenever calling for nato disarmament and barely a mention for russia to back away
neither's gonna happen anytime soon so might as well

I have this idea is that if suddenly the PCP was ousted from the parliament, suddenly ventura and il would start toeing the line of "Z wants to make your kids poo poo on litter boxes" now that left opposition to the war was strangled.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tafferling posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/kiev-renames-major-street-to-honor-russian-nazi-collaborator/

quote:

Bandera was a leader of Ukraine’s nationalist movement in the 1930s and 1940s, which included an insurgent army that fought alongside Nazi soldiers during part of the Second World War. Bandera’s supporters claim they sided with the Nazis against the Soviet army, believing that Adolf Hitler would grant Ukraine independence.

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/ukraine-designates-national-holiday-for-nazi-collaborator/

quote:

Separately, Ukraine’s State Committee on Television and Radio Broadcasting banned “Book of Thieves” by Swedish historian Anders Rydell, which includes critical analysis of the actions of Symon Petliura, an early-20th century nationalist whose troops murdered countless Jews in pogroms beginning in 1919.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hundreds-of-ukrainian-nationalists-march-in-in-honor-of-nazi-collaborator/

quote:

“Today, when there is a war with the occupier at the front, and the struggle against the ‘fifth column’ continues in the rear, we remember and honor the memory of Stepan Bandera,” said Andriy Tarasenko, leader of the nationalist party Right Sector.

During World War II, Bandera led the Ukrainian Insurgent Army, whose men killed thousands of Jews and Poles, including women and children, while fighting alongside Nazi Germany against the Red Army and communists.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cohen-ukraine-commentary/commentary-ukraines-neo-nazi-problem-idUSKBN1GV2TY

quote:

A January 28 demonstration, in Kiev, by 600 members of the so-called “National Militia,” a newly-formed ultranationalist group that vows “to use force to establish order,” illustrates this threat. While the group’s Kiev launch was peaceful, National Militia members in balaclavas stormed a city council meeting in the central Ukrainian town of Cherkasy the following day, skirmishing with deputies and forcing them to pass a new budget.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mila kunis posted:

Agreed. They've already started running out of ammo

saved this from before

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wait even the DnD thread got closed?

Well well well empire state building

I think what gets me about this is that you'd think DND with their pedantic rules of absolutely all places could handle it.

DND mods basically training in the hyperbolic time chamber for a year to hand out sixers faster than anyone in the universe. How could they be defeated so easily

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Nobody cared about Stephen Bandera before 2022, he was a perfectly solid guy who founded this version of Ukraine who fought during WW2 and afterwards like many people in Europe who are our friends

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

i just wanna say that which side I support in this war will be decided solely by which side pledges to keep GBS posters in GBS first

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

i just wanna say that which side I support in this war will be decided solely by which side pledges to keep GBS posters in GBS first

GBS posters are merely 'little cspammers'. we are one people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oh wow 200 posts in three hours I guess there's been some big developments in the war