Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

:( :sadfan: :(

why the hate dude i like to think im one of the most fair handed of the posters on this issue

they took your job and are slandering you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Isizzlehorn posted:

It's a fun what-if argument that's wholly dependent on NATO declaring actual war against Russia. Which, lmao

Better hope the QE delivery* to Ukraine full of F35's gets bankrolled by the IMF I guess

*pending dry weather
Military procurement of new weapons has been increasing in cost and development time for a LONG time now. Look at how the first aircraft were made in the early 20th century. Then look at the time and cost to produce new aircraft for the different generations since the end of WW2. The 1st generation jet fighters to the second generation had a relatively quick turn around. Now look at time between Gen 4+ to Gen 5.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Smh at all this fossil fuel usage

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BadOptics posted:

I saw someone on this forum call Chomsky a tankie. It's a hilariously useless term now.

theres 1 gbs guy who wont let what chomsky said about cambodia go, they also got in trouble for calling a teenager a whore in the gbs relationships thread

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

repealing labour laws so everyone is ground into dust by the gears of capital is a very american value, that is true.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Budzilla posted:

Get this. The F-35 has an availability rate of ~55%(lol). Let's just say an even 50%. The QE aircraft carrier can carry 36 F-35Bs at any 1 time. This means that on average there are 3 less F-35s that are available to fly on a single carrier at this very moment than Su-57 Felons(only 21 made including prototypes) in existence. This is assuming that the Su-57 has a 100% availability rate. So a single QE carrier can go toe to toe with the entire Russian 5th Gen fleet. The F-35 is a mass produced product that is very complicated to produce.

The F-35 might suck rear end and a lot of it. But compared to other military projects in Russia there is something to show for it. Look at the T-14. Russia was expecting to field 2000+ T-14s mid this decade and they have been reduced to putting commercially available thermals on T-62s. Doesn't this tell you something?

That is my point. The US is diverting huge quantities of money to "mass producing" exceedingly expensive fighter jets, with manufacturing spread out across 45 states for political reasons, that aren't likely to have a decisive effect on any war it will actually fight. Meanwhile they can't produce enough shells for their artillery pieces. Russia is solving the problem of economically making something far away explode with something hard to shoot down by investing in state-owned kamikaze drone factories while their shell production is many times that of the west.

Industrial war is ultimately a question of how much firepower can be brought on the enemy. NATO has essentially emptied its stocks of weapons that Ukrainians can actually use against the Russians - i.e. of the firepower that can be put on the enemy. Its ability to produce more weapons and munitions that can actually be used on the battlefield they're needed on is extremely limited. Ukraine has the full backing of economies nominally an order of magnitude the size of Russia's. Shouldn't they have crushed Russia by now?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

AnimeIsTrash posted:

are you having a stroke

there was a media cycle where some pictures of buryats were taken to drum up rage in Ukraine about the Asiatics and it got to pull double duty in the West as an example of ethnic cleansing or something stupid. largely forgotten at this point but I guess it’s still rattling around

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

That phrase comes from political leaders from the 40s.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

VorpalFish posted:

Oh my bad didn't realize we were talking about the US, thought we were talking about Russia. Is there like an exchange rate or something? Iraq and Afghanistan means it's cool for Russia to raze Ukraine? Just trying to figure out the numbers here, make sure everyone's even.

you made the claim that Russia is trying to conquer the world and i put forth evidence that america also has been doing it for decades now. this has nothing to do with points and scaling but pointing out the obvious that there are no 'good guys' on the world stage

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Feb 25, 2023

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Holy gently caress I miss pedantic derails compared to this babby poo poo.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

me: its bad that this war is happening

gbs guy: so you dont think the west should accept blonde haired blue eyed white refugees????

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Russia is conscripting literally everyone in the country and sending them into the meat grinder but also its only sending ethnic minorities into the meat grinder but also we should kill all those subhuman dogs and nuke Moscow anyway

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol concern about ethnic minorities in the Russian Federation while Ukrainian politicians talk about purifying the homeland is a new one

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

me: its bad that this war is happening

gbs guy: so you dont think the west should accept blonde haired blue eyed white refugees????

I don't :twisted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Regarde Aduck posted:

We don't know if Russia is or has retaliated for the bombing? You think we know everything governments get up to? We know about ones where opsec has failed or there was a purposeful leak for propaganda. There may have already been blowback or it might be being saved up for the future.

russia sent one it's greatest operatives back in time to win the presidency of the united states in 2016

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Cromulent_Chill posted:

we will miss the days of mlmp08

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Taps portraits of the Queen in my office, conference room, behind the Commissionaires’ desk, foyer, Mess…

i thought they were supposed to replace her by now?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

GBS cunts go home

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cromulent_Chill posted:

we can have both :bernin:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

kronix posted:

There’s always been good posters here but wading through the Al-Saqrs and crepefaces wasn’t worth it.

do NOT align me with that turncoat. i love putin and want to kiss him on the lips, al-saqr is a easy time sally

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Indeed - if the US blew up the pipeline then Russia could very easily respond in a way that would strongly discourage the US from doing anything similar in the future. They have not, for some reason. Framing the action as so self-destructive and irrational from the US perspective that it's somehow its own punishment only decreases the credibility of the theory. Although again, I'd point out that Russia had already shut off the gas to Germany prior to the sabotage, and that there's still a an intact pipeline that gas delivery has not resumed down, so once again Germany's present lack of gas is due to political decisions in Russia (to cut Germany off as a strategy to make them stop supporting Ukraine) and Germany (to continue supporting Ukraine) rather than the sabotage.

Do you think the United States has an interest in severed trade relations between Germany and Russia?

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Al-Saqr posted:

you made the claim that someone is trying to conquer the world and i put forth evidence that america also has been doing it for decades now. this has nothing to do woth points and scaling but pointing out the obvious that there are no 'good guys' on the world stage

My point was in response to a comment about Russia's MIC not being intended to conquer the world. I pointed out that it very much is, to the extent that is feasible. It had nothing to do with what America is or isn't doing so I'm not sure I see the relevance of your evidence as a response.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Tankbuster posted:

they aren't doing drivebys, they are squatting 😡

This seems like a poop joke. Excellent.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The United States really has made everyone look foolish. masterful

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

you made the claim that Russia is trying to conquer the world

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

what has russia done to this thread

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dreylad posted:

i thought they were supposed to replace her by now?

I think the official portraits are going out now but probably the Coronation will be the big push.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

VorpalFish posted:

My point was in response to a comment about Russia's MIC not being intended to conquer the world. I pointed out that it very much is, to the extent that is feasible. It had nothing to do with what America is or isn't doing so I'm not sure I see the relevance of your evidence as a response.

Your point is proven false by their other actions which would disable them from conquering the world, lest you think they're dumb enough to go up against every army in europe and north america all at once.

Also "MIC" has a meaning which doesn't include Russia's state owned production of military means. The "MIC" refers to the profiteering and the for profit industry's ability to manipulate the state into doing war. Russia doesn't have a "MIC". It has military production.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

crepeface posted:

i gotta admit, the gbs posters being so bad that the d&d mod had to close the thread is pretty funny.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

War, conventional war especially, is extremely wasteful.

Yeah he put it as "The Tsar is wealthy, he'll provide".

Which is one of those funny things that people use either Stalin and the Bolshevik party or the Tsar and monarchy as the only two real reference points to this mess. Depending on how the mood strikes them.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

0 rows returned posted:

Relax it's just a special posting operation.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

crepeface posted:

i gotta admit, the gbs posters being so bad that the d&d mod had to close the thread is pretty funny.

Is that the plan for here too?

loving bums making a mess of this thread

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The last few pages of both threads are wild, particularly when they were talking about the prospect of posting here. Given what they claim to have thought CSPAM was, their being dogbrained is not a shock.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

VorpalFish posted:

hmmm.....

Ok so according to your metrics the UK has a higher intention to conquer the world than russia does. ok lets stop the UK I agree.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I keep starting Baby's First Geopolitics posts, but then remember its all poo poo that's blindingly obvious and known to everyone who regularly reads this thread and not worth spending the effort on for some GBS dipshit who's going to get bored and wander off when they discover a subreddit dedicated to posting clips of Russians getting blown up.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

The last few pages of both threads are wild, particularly when they were talking about the prospect of posting here. Given what they claim to have thought CSPAM was, their being dogbrained is not a shock.

No IK either, so basically they just squat on our corners defecating in public.

It's great. Ths is fine.q

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Al-Saqr posted:

hmmm.....

Ok so according to your metrics the UK has a higher intention to conquer the world than russia does.

the best part of this is that the UK spends almost all of it on nukes for the US and a navy that dosent work

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

BrotherJayne posted:

Is that the plan for here too?

loving bums making a mess of this thread

might be worth actually exposing people to narratives that they usually don't see. we were all libs once.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

0 rows returned posted:

Putin has a lot to answer for.

:siren: I think we've reached saturation point on talking about other forums, posters from other forums, and threads on other forums. This thread was doing just fine without worrying about that crap. :siren:

I'm fine with people arguing about what people are posting, but I don't care where they regularly post. Same applies to people whinging about CSPAM.

Short grace period for people :justpost: ing but it needs to end.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

crepeface posted:

would you say that assad must go

I wish they would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I don't get what everyone is upset about. The GBS thread got brigaded on the anniversary of the war, it was annexed, and told they are now part of this thread. Why complain? Sounds like what people wanted.

So now we post about Poots poopy pampers over here instead.