Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Weka posted:

This is from 10 pages or so back but I was wondering, what do you fellows make of Grover Furr's contention that conventional narratives about Katyn are largely nazi propaganda?

the Soviets admitted to it before they collapsed so I don’t know what on earth he’s even trying to prove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

VorpalFish posted:

Haven't you been watching Russian TV? They're marching straight to Berlin when they're done with Ukraine.

good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
this thread *chuckles and nervously wipes sweat off brow* this thread it wants to have sex with vladimir putin have you heard about this can you believe this? *crickets from audience* wow tough crowd

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

fanfic insert posted:

Yeah it is

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0305750X22002169

It has caused misery to billions of people and death to the hundreds of millions. Sure it has been nice to have some technology for our barely a billion in the west but the backbone of capitalism, the poor exploited in the extraction economies has been in absolute misery since its inception and forceful adoption.

Cute article but they use the decrease of human height as metric to explain deterioration of human conditions under capitalism when it's pretty clear that capitalism enables shorter people to live long full lives and make short babies, something that isn't even mentioned in the conclusions

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

VorpalFish posted:

Thought about it, not that mad. Definitely been called way worse, like when that person implied I was a Nazi for the Berlin comment.

I'll take it as a compliment from folks vociferously insisting Russia's military isn't for projecting aggression and power.

youre so not mad you posted twice about it and responded to yourself about how not mad you are.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*crickets from audience*

This would require posters to have the discipline not to respond to posts they don't like, and I have some news for you

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this thread *chuckles and nervously wipes sweat off brow* this thread it wants to have sex with vladimir putin have you heard about this can you believe this? *crickets from audience* wow tough crowd

yes i’ve heard of it, believe it and want to do it too

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

did everyone get their weekly putin disinformation checks this week

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

crepeface posted:

lmfao

tell me how the west helped russia after the fall of the soviet union

The US handed them $25 billion dollars in aid for implementing economic reforms in 1995 and actively worked to normalize trade relationships with the rest of the world.

It wasn’t purely out of the goodness of their hearts I’ll concede but it wasn’t like the west left Russia to rot and personally had Russia invited in more private investment from the West instead of handing over state industry to criminals they’d likely be in a better place today.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

kronix posted:

The US handed them $25 billion dollars in aid implementing economic reforms in 1995 and actively worked to normalize trade relationships with the rest of the world.

It wasn’t purely out of the goodness of their hearts I’ll concede but it wasn’t like the west left Russia to rot and personally had Russia invited in more private investment from the West instead of handing over state industry to criminals they’d likely be in a better place today.

your an imbecile

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mlmp08 posted:

This would require posters to have the discipline not to respond to posts they don't like, and I have some news for you

stfu mlmp!! :D

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

just watch this 2 houur video fundedf by milittary contractors

no thanks chief

how about you watch it where I timestamped it from and his talk only goes for 25 minutes of the video? you might like how he praises the USSR's approach to its war economy? Pretty amazing this thread dislikes Lazerpig and won't like this presentation.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
this thread needed an infusion of brain damage to keep the post counts up and by god they've done it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

did everyone get their weekly putin disinformation checks this week

how did you think I could afford the SoulShackle kill team expansion :smuggo:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Not So Fast posted:

What's some currency manipulation between former colonies and their former master called? Imperialism?

Super-Imperialism, actually.

https://www.amazon.com/Imperialism-...ps%2C662&sr=8-1

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

kronix posted:

The US handed them $25 billion dollars in aid implementing economic reforms in 1995 and actively worked to normalize trade relationships with the rest of the world.

The US listened to Jeffrey Sachs recommendations on reforms when it came to Poland but when it came to Russia they ignored him and did the opposite.

Not to sing the graces of dumbass rube Jeffrey Sachs but Poland did a lot better than Russia, which was the point.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Poots is very slippery because he is constantly drenched in diarrhea.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

kronix posted:

The US handed them $25 billion dollars in aid for implementing economic reforms in 1995 and actively worked to normalize trade relationships with the rest of the world.

holy crap lmao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that should be the new thread title

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

kronix posted:

lol

just

lol

they literally destroyed that country and de-industrialized it. poverty from the wall street stripping of that country was so bad roving gangs of glue-sniffing 11 year olds was a wide occurrence, it was a humanitarian disaster. every academic and historian agrees with this. it's why we have putin. why cant you read.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Al-Saqr posted:

youre so not mad you posted twice about it and responded to yourself about how not mad you are.

Yeah I mean how else are you supposed to know I'm not mad? I didn't want to just leave you hanging that would be rude.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

lol

just

lol

they literally destroyed that country and de-industrialized it. every academic and historian agrees with this. it's why we have putin. why cant you read.

the illiterate grandpa tweet was already posted

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

why are you guys arguing with the racist gbs goon

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

500 good dogs posted:

:waycool: a video from Raytheon

hahaha

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Cute article but they use the decrease of human height as metric to explain deterioration of human conditions under capitalism when it's pretty clear that capitalism enables shorter people to live long full lives and make short babies, something that isn't even mentioned in the conclusions

Lmao ok Professor, we'll just marvel at this trait of capitalism pulled out of your rear end and not think about it any further.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Sedgr posted:

Poots is very slippery because he is constantly drenched in diarrhea.

it's stealth coating for the su75 dummy

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

kronix posted:

Getting strong The Economist subscriber vibes from this

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/manolo_realengo/status/1629517563641069568

workers ftw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kiev is really poppin' off

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

VorpalFish posted:

Yeah I mean how else are you supposed to know I'm not mad? I didn't want to just leave you hanging that would be rude.

you could've spent one of those posts explaining how Russia would've kept conquering Europe after Ukraine had its independence guaranteed by 3 NATO countries specifically and the rest of the EU as well instead.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i say swears online posted:

kiev is really poppin' off

east or west

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Since we're posting epic YouTube videos here's Adam Curtis documentaries on the looting of Russia after the fall of the USSR

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPeMaUy41NHuasEFLdecEphRQXXOweoGm

tl:dw is that aid went to the same neoliberal barons who killed the Soviet pensions and bombed the parliament

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

kronix posted:

lmfao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Not So Fast posted:

Since we're posting epic YouTube videos here's Adam Curtis documentaries on the looting of Russia after the fall of the USSR

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPeMaUy41NHuasEFLdecEphRQXXOweoGm

tl:dw is that aid went to the same neoliberal barons who killed the Soviet pensions and bombed the parliament

the us also aided yelstein in rigging elections alongside all the economic warfare they implemented on russia

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/nikola_mikovic/status/1629398616975499264

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

"Snow n....."

this poo poo, particularly when ukraine is incredibly close to russia culturally, and had all the same systemic issues prior to the invasion, has always been really loving weird to me :psyduck:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

why are you guys arguing with the racist gbs goon

your going to have be more specific

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

kronix posted:

Can you post some demographics graphs of Russia in the 90s?

Let's start with Suicide Rate, Life Expectancy and Total Population.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

lol

just

lol

they literally destroyed that country and de-industrialized it. every academic and historian agrees with this. it's why we have putin. why cant you read.

Yes, it was the evil west that forced Russia to deindustrialize and not corruption and and institutional rot that set in during communism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Russian has never had agency or any real politics of their own since the collapse. All west manipulation. Every time. Except this time for some reason. But also maybe this time.

Butt. :lol: