Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

univbee posted:

Apparently an Xbox version of Baldur's Gate 3 is in development, but they're having trouble getting split screen working right on the weaker Xbox Series S which is preventing them from being able to release at the same time as other platforms, and may prevent it from releasing on Xbox entirely if they can't find a way to get it working well.

https://kotaku.com/baldur-s-gate-3-ps5-release-date-exclusivity-series-s-1850157922

Fake news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Syrinxx posted:

My girlfriend wanted to play this new Harry Potter game but it wasn't available for One S. So my friend lent me his Xbox One X except the game can't be bought for this console either because apparently it's not the same as an Xbox Series X so now I have to get one of those, which you still can't find anywhere 2 years after its release and you have to purchase it in a bundle with a racing game, all so we can play this lovely game by an idiot transphobe

Gaming is dumb

The console has been everywhere for like almost a year now. Like they were on shelves through Christmas but you could just order one online I guess?

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Syrinxx posted:

My girlfriend wanted to play this new Harry Potter game but it wasn't available for One S. So my friend lent me his Xbox One X except the game can't be bought for this console either because apparently it's not the same as an Xbox Series X so now I have to get one of those, which you still can't find anywhere 2 years after its release and you have to purchase it in a bundle with a racing game, all so we can play this lovely game by an idiot transphobe

Gaming is dumb

If you just want the console for one game, you almost can't get in the door of a big box retailer without tripping over Series S's

Also thank you for not mentioning or even considering the FailStation

MJBuddy posted:

The console has been everywhere for like almost a year now. Like they were on shelves through Christmas but you could just order one online I guess?

Series X is pretty hard to find ATM. Guess MS is sending all of them to Azure datacenters for cloud gaming instead of retailers

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

hatty posted:

You can just get a series S those are pretty easy to find

Only if you hate your girlfriend.
Just hunt for XSX or either POS5 consoles. Both can play the Wizarding game.
Or get overtly expensive gaming pc.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Issaries posted:

The game has issues on even high end gaming PCs. It’s a bit of a mess.

Tbh the game seems to run better on the PS5 as well if you look at the Digital foundry technical review.

Maybe they’ve worked some of that out by now but I kinda doubt it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Yeah I probably would rather do the Series S but my kid has most of their games on disc so I can't. :saddowns:

I'm just frustrated at the confusion between One X and Series X, I spent the week thinking I had the console I needed to play. MS definitely could have workshopped that one better

Also seems like kind of a poo poo move to delay the version of the game that plays on the xbone by several months

Issaries posted:

This I have :D But I didn't have an easy way to stream the game to the living room. I tried using a NUC I had lying around, put steam on it but it never would stream decently, I assume due to the lovely celeron in it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

OP should just get his girlfriend to play Hitman instead

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Also seems like kind of a poo poo move to delay the version of the game that plays on the xbone by several months

Going by the release they definitely had to do that or it would have been worse than CP2077 tbh.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Syrinxx posted:

This I have :D But I didn't have an easy way to stream the game to the living room. I tried using a NUC I had lying around, put steam on it but it never would stream decently, I assume due to the lovely celeron in it.

Yeah. Pc streaming sucks.

Now moving your pc to living room... :D

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

You should give parsec a try. It works really well.

I’ve never had the best luck with steam streaming but parsec has been flawless. It’s also free.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

Gaming is dumb

hmmm not really sure who the dumb one is in this instance

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

12 million copies sold within first 2 weeks is pretty decent without last gen support.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i'll ask in the discord too, but can you set up the metroid prime aiming hacks in retroarch/dolphin on xbox? i can't wait to play prime 2 lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

heehee posted:

i'll ask in the discord too, but can you set up the metroid prime aiming hacks in retroarch/dolphin on xbox? i can't wait to play prime 2 lol
PrimeHack is a modified Dolphin emulator, and IIRC it doesn't have an Xbox port.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
getting owned by One X vs Series X in 2023 ftw

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

Gaming is dumb

Tell your girlfriend you’re not gonna help her play lovely games by idiot transphobes hth

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

The Kins posted:

PrimeHack is a modified Dolphin emulator, and IIRC it doesn't have an Xbox port.

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Escobarbarian posted:

Tell your girlfriend you’re not gonna help her play lovely games by idiot transphobes hth

oh we almost got through the page...

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Are there any evolution simulators (or whatever you would call games like Spore) on Xbox? I don't care what gen as long as it would play on my Series S.

My kids found out about Spore on YouTube and played the crap out of it (luckily my Plex server ran it fine), but I'm hoping to find something in the same vein on Xbox either to purchase or on Game Pass.

I've tried searching a little, but mostly get tons of hits for a Dragonball game and Jurassic Evolution.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Um, maybe Ancestors: Humankind Odyssey but no idea if that game is actually fun or not

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The Illusive Man posted:

Um, maybe Ancestors: Humankind Odyssey but no idea if that game is actually fun or not

It's entire UI and control scheme is so cumbersome. It's a loving chore to play. I lasted about 5 hours. The intro offers almost nothing in terms of guidance and giant gently caress off snakes lurk on the jungle floor.

I haven't played it in 2 years, perhaps they fixed things but god drat, rough game

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Have they donked around with No Man's Sky? I'm not personally a fan but you can definitely find some weird creatures.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Anyone have a steam deck and play the xbox cloud on there? Does it work really seamlessly with the controller input etc?

Was kind of thinking of getting a steam deck for biz travel.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

priznat posted:

Anyone have a steam deck and play the xbox cloud on there? Does it work really seamlessly with the controller input etc?

Yes, Microsoft has a guide for setting it up. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/xbox-cloud-gaming-in-microsoft-edge-with-steam-deck-43dd011b-0ce8-4810-8302-965be6d53296

It works well.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh yah I was looking at howto I was interested if people who have em have opinions on if it is a good option. Looks like a way better value than that logitech one that only played streaming stuff. At least if the wifi sucks I can play whatever steam games I have loaded!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

series s is a big and constant fail for us x owners

Cod now has to run on switch for ten years.
one X and series X are just a joke by phil. Its like giving someone sick new jordans but they are glued to the floor.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

priznat posted:

I won a Steam Deck back in December and it loving rules. I haven't had a gaming PC since 2005 so I am absolutely loving how I can catch up on some of the older PC games. I dont know poo poo about Linux but its fun to mess around with.

Just know not every game runs "out of the box" and you'll likely have to tinker. Come to the SD thread if you want to know more

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
I played a bit of the Limbo raft game today, it's pretty chill. It's no Flame in the Flood, but whatever.

(also, Series S supremacy, suck it X owners. Series S is the nicest looking current gen console)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I keep trying to buy a series X from target and their web site is hosed up and won't let me check out. Fail.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony wielding their power again… smdh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Jim Ryan..... You mother fucker

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Syrinxx posted:

Gaming is dumb

shoving my copy of Startropics into my SNES and screaming, inconsolably enraged at the ever-marching progression of technology

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I bought my Series X using my One X and it showed up 4 days later it loving owned.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is the SX hard to find again? Weird, they were available straight from Microsoft for a while now they’re sold out and are harder to find than a PS5

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wtf I just stopped in a Verizon store to get a phone charger and they have a series X in stock I didn't even know they sold them lmoa

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s fate

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Ymmv ofc but the two times ive been in a best buy this year theyve even had ps5s sitting on shelves and ive routinely seen new xboxes well throughout last year at multiple big box stores

Like, the shortage is basically over for everything if you apply yourself for all of five minutes searching online

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

drat I want that Sons of the Forest game to come to game pass, it looks pretty rad. New hot game du jour

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
From what I could tell it's like more a 50/50 chance of having them in stock locally when you look online rather than like 1% lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Series X is easy to find if you buy it via All Access. When I got mine at Target last week the lady said they had 9 sitting in the back. They’re preloaded with the two years of ultimate game pass so they can only sell them via All Access.