Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what’s all this forum drama about. is SA dead again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

what if it was anime…

Schwing!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Seams posted:

It’s legitimately the stupidest crap in the world. The less you know the better. I know everything there is to know about it and now I’m redacted.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Tankies brigaded the GBS Ukraine thread and got it shut down because they were butthurt over being rightfully dragged for cheering on Russia's warcrime-riddled, genocidal invasion

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Tankies brigaded the GBS Ukraine thread and got it shut down because they were butthurt over being rightfully dragged for cheering on Russia's warcrime-riddled, genocidal invasion

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

don't care for ths sort of forums drama. i ordered the book "The Making of THe Living Daylights' and it arrives today. can't wait to read about my man Timmy Daltz

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it was 3 people and their posts were "why are you people constantly posting liveleak footage of soldiers getting mulched and jacking off to it"

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Not even remotely accurate. I was a regular visitor to the Ukraine thread and explicit footage of soldier death was outright not allowed, much less reveled in. I hope you're relying on someone else's misleading summation and not just spreading lies on your own accord. :)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sorry youre right i was being mistruthful. people weren't directly posting liveleak soldier death footage (because that had already happened so much in the past they had to ban several people and make a thread regular a mod of GBS specifically to curb it from happening), they were just very dilligent in informing the thread any time some hot new artillery strike or sledgehammer execution videos were going around in "the threads" on twitter, in order to "warn" other thread regulars of their existance so they could be "avoided"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Drew McIntyre’s Official General Thread 2: The Best Thread Ever Made

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Thankies for the explanation!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Alaois posted:

sorry youre right i was being mistruthful. people weren't directly posting liveleak soldier death footage (because that had already happened so much in the past they had to ban several people and make a thread regular a mod of GBS specifically to curb it from happening), they were just very dilligent in informing the thread any time some hot new artillery strike or sledgehammer execution videos were going around in "the threads" on twitter, in order to "warn" other thread regulars of their existance so they could be "avoided"

"Thank you" for "clarifying"! The footage issue as pertains to the thread was indeed addressed a long time ago, and your interpretation of the purpose of those warnings is at best cynical and at worst an outright lie. Other threads are rife with celebration of warcrimes, but the GBS thread needed to be put down because its members may have been viewing combat footage on other parts of the Internet.

Cavauro posted:

Thankies for the explanation!

:love:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the gbs thread had to be closed because gbs posters are, universally, maladjusted freaks who can't post about anything without becoming howling lunatics about it. this has been true for over 20 years. the gbs ukraine war thread had the same vibes as the epic Mt. Everest Megathread about how Mt. Everest was a fail mountain for virgin losers to kill themselves on and if anyone thought it was weird they were obsessively cataloging the people dying on it and holding yearly "death pools" for it, they were obviously Mt. Everest Lovers(?????) who couldn't handle people making fun of their beloved fail death mountain

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

eyes glazing over reading that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

eyes glazing over reading that

they should

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Seams posted:

The last forum drama worth paying attention to was Lowtax killing himself

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoop my rear end

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/WDX_PZLOVsQ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

me reading your twitter :hehe:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Good morning

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
drat I’m sorry I asked lol.

anyone play any good video games lately.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

good morning everyone I assume everyone's posts are chill and good this fine saturday

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Ukraine threads are where you go to become a raving nationalist lunatic for places you've never even been to

Imagine trying to explain to your family that your online community of war gawkers got shut down so your social life is a little rough these days

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

drat I’m sorry I asked lol.

anyone play any good video games lately.

Metroid Prime remastered is real good

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im making my way through persona 3 portable i spend too much time in tartarus

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Been playing Chained Echoes and it's pretty good. Good mix of Chrono Trigger/Cross and Xenogears

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Metroid Prime remastered is real good

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

No it’s good I like it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Moonraker sucks but I love the theme Shirley Bassey sang for it a lot. After I finished the box set the worst one for me was Die Another Day. The bright side of that one is the reactions of people when I explain the twist with the villain

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Video game wise I am still trucking through Fire Emblem Engage. That game is hard as poo poo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im on like chapter 8 of lost judgement, the main story is really taking off now and im hooked, can't wait to see where it goes

i started a necromancer in diablo 3 switch this morning to play the new season for a lil bit, the season gimmick is cool

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Watching Die Another Day in the theater was like some weird fever dream, I'm still not entirely sure it really happened.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

whats the season gimmick i havnt played for a while

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea ok posted:

whats the season gimmick i havnt played for a while

theres an altar in town that you can use crafting parts to unlock meta powerups, like rampage bonuses last longer and give more xp, items no longer have levels, + damage, health potion powers, and it unlocks account wide

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I am replaying Yakuza 0, and boy, there's a lot of this game.

I have only ever seen the Brosnan Bonds, because they were the ones that existed when I was an adolescent. I intend to one day go back and watch every Bond film from the beginning, but I am told this is an exercise in pain.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

the making-of diary book that Roger Moore wrote during production is really worth reading if you haven’t. I read it last week and it was great.

I'm definitely interested. Moore was my least favorite Bond but he seemed pretty self aware about what he was doing with those movies. I liked finding out how mortified he was over how much older he was than his love interested in A View to a Kill

Jerusalem posted:

Watching Die Another Day in the theater was like some weird fever dream, I'm still not entirely sure it really happened.

When my friend lent me his set he "hyped" it up as the one I would get no enjoyment out of. Like, even bad ones usually have a good theme song to listen to but that Madonna song is total poo poo

CarlCX posted:

I have only ever seen the Brosnan Bonds, because they were the ones that existed when I was an adolescent. I intend to one day go back and watch every Bond film from the beginning, but I am told this is an exercise in pain.

I finished doing that not too long ago and it was a blast. Sure, you get some duds but there is a lot of charm to watching the look and feel of the franchise as it goes through different decades

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 25, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the making-of diary book that Roger Moore wrote during production is really worth reading if you haven’t. I read it last week and it was great.

Awesome, I had no idea this existed and I'm going to check it out

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's still some gold in there, but a lot of bad too, and some stuff was aging poorly even at the time. From Russia With Love rules though, it's so good.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What is the most straight up offensive James Bond? Live and Let Die is pretty bad but I hand it to You Only Live Twice for trying to turn Sean Connery into an Asian man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I don't really dislike any Bond movie up through Goldeneye. The tone of the series swings wildly during the Roger Moore era, but I still love them for different reasons. I can watch The Man with the Golden Gun and View to a Kill over and over, even though they're pretty bad movies. Post Goldeneye Brosnan movies just aren't really fun for me. The Daniel Craig era movies are well made, and I loved watching them in theaters, but I have little reason to go back to them. I spend a lot of time wondering what more Timothy Dalton movies would have looked like, or what it would have looked like for Pierce Brosnan to come in after Roger Moore. I'm supposed to be packing for a cross-country move.