Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Played a few hours of Sons of the Forest with my brother. There was this lady with a third arm and leg hanging around, non hostile and would panic when hostiles did show up. After a few days she just walked right up to our door, murmured something and gave us a blackberry. Now she hangs around the area and seems to tend to our crops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Awesome! posted:

im like 6 levels into baba is me and i already feel stupid

Isn’t BiY goon-made, or at least goon-adjacent?

That bundle is badass, btw…not getting it because I already own half of them already. Also I’m stupid.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

yeah it's goon-made

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=181987

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Flair posted:

Unfortunately, these two are taken by ninjas

Darn, I wanted to try Monument valley

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Metal Slug 3 - BPML4-LMH24-D7AEV

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Leal posted:

Played a few hours of Sons of the Forest with my brother. There was this lady with a third arm and leg hanging around, non hostile and would panic when hostiles did show up. After a few days she just walked right up to our door, murmured something and gave us a blackberry. Now she hangs around the area and seems to tend to our crops.

I love this.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

TVGM posted:

Metal Slug 3 - BPML4-LMH24-D7AEV

I snagged this, thank you :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DerekSmartymans posted:

yep, Hempuli. same dude who's responsible for Environmental Station Alpha and a large part of Noita

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RandolphCarter posted:

I snagged this, thank you :)

Better be giving a thumbs up when you say thank you

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Leal posted:

You can give her a gun and she'll help fend off mutants. Or multiple weapons (since she has all them arms).

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Octopath Traveler 2 is cozy as hell so far. It was snowing last night, so I settled next to the fireplace and got a few hours in on the Deck. I only have 2 of the protagonists so far, but the music is top notch and the writing/voice work is great. My man Partitio is ready to seize the means of production and eat the rich, and I am here for it.

It improves on Octopath Traveler in every way that I have noticed. A must play if you enjoyed the first one.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 25, 2023

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ragequit posted:

Octopath Traveler 2 is cozy as hell so far. It was snowing out last night, so I settled next to the fireplace and got a few hours in on the Deck. I only have 2 of the protagonists so far, but the music is top notch and the writing/voice work is great. My man Partition is ready to seize the means of production and eat the rich, and I am here for it.

It improves on Octopath Traveler in every way that I have noticed. A must play if you enjoyed the first one.

I will cosign this.

Started on the opposite side of the world, with Temenos the inquisitor, I've also picked up the thief and hunter and it's just great. Huge improvement in every way. It feels a lot less rigid in its structure, after the intro some characters have multiple options for the next step, you start getting dedicated secondary jobs a lot sooner, and each character has more complex mechanics.

It also looks great, boss sprites have more animations and different poses, and it runs at 120fps!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh poo poo it launched on Steam? I knew it was coming out but I thought it was going to be a Switch exclusive for a year or something, that's pretty cool.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

#winning

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone play the Quarry?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I got smurfs in the mystery fanatical bundle and decided to play it as a laugh, and it's actually a pretty good platformer. Worth checking out if you got it in that.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Harminoff posted:

I got smurfs in the mystery fanatical bundle and decided to play it as a laugh, and it's actually a pretty good platformer. Worth checking out if you got it in that.

Had a suspicion and sure enough, it's the same studio that did the Asterix game remakes(?) so yeah I'd expect competence from them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone play the Quarry?

Did you ever play Until Dawn on PS4? It’s that.

If not it’s an occasionally awkward and occasionally charming narrative adventure game featuring everyone’s favorite? teenage stereotypes mixed around a bit. You solve simple puzzles, walk around collecting things for dialogue, and perform very simple QTEs during chase sequences.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 26, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wrapped up Gedonia! The end was a bit of a slog - it doesn't matter how much armor or hp you stack, you're dying in two or three hits tops (and a lot of dungeon bosses will just one-shot you regardless). A lot of hitbox jank too but it's one dev, so cut them some slack :v:

I had a lot of fun! Dungeons mode seems like a fun way to go forward too but the game being built around just goofing off and doing whatever is nice, especially since it's very open to you breaking it. By the end I was constantly critting and building up a double-speed kill engine while being able to Spider-man websling my way to safety from the instakills.

As a tip, if you go pure melee, blood magic is actually still open to you (and you should, you need healing badly), and cooking is also open to 0 int characters. You can slam endless ribs down your throat in battle to not lose lol

The world map is super misleading - the most zoomed out view is nothing but stuff not in the game (but the dev seems to plan to), but it's still a good 16-20 hours. It was a great way to spend being trapped in the house for a week

e: Sons of the Forest is pretty good and very alpha lmao

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 26, 2023

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Awesome! posted:

im like 6 levels into baba is me and i already feel stupid

Based on achievements, I got about 40% of the way through the game and was just too drat stupid to get any further without a little (a lot of) help.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I wrapped up Gedonia! The end was a bit of a slog - it doesn't matter how much armor or hp you stack, you're dying in two or three hits tops (and a lot of dungeon bosses will just one-shot you regardless). A lot of hitbox jank too but it's one dev, so cut them some slack :v:

I also managed to finish the game yesterday (story+Darklands final bosses). After struggling a bit in Darklands, I bought some more Warriors' guild gear and especially the epic Sword+Shield combo made all the difference. I realized that the sword crit so hard and hit so fast that my blood magic passives basically kept my health topped if I just kept pressing the attack button. The enchant weapon skill did a ton of damage too with maximum spell buffs and took care of smaller mob groups in one hit.

One thing I liked was that the whole world was not fully mapped, not only the zones that are not in the game yet but the various mountain areas between zones too, with camps and villages and even hidden boss encounters + secret mounts. Makes you feel like you're exploring since even the map makers didn't quite know what's in those areas. Travelling feels a bit slow but you get some spells (teleportation, flight) to help you and the best mount dragon also makes life a lot easier.

All in all a very enjoyable experience, kinda surprised me how fun it was to play. It's very ambitious for a one dev project. There is jank but the good kind of jank, definitely recommending for someone who wants to play an some open world adventure game.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I heard KSP2 is getting mulched in reviews? Anything in particular, other than the crazy EA price?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mokotow posted:

I heard KSP2 is getting mulched in reviews? Anything in particular, other than the crazy EA price?

The major complaints currently are rather poor performance even on higher-end machines and a fairly significant amount of bugs particularly related to the physics engine. Mostly it seems to be a fairly early early access version, when people seem to have expected a much more mature version considering the price. But on the bright side it seems mostly an issue of polish and tuning, rather than anything being fundamentally broken.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2200580/Pocky__Rocky_Reshrined/

Pocky & Rocky: Reshrined just came out on Steam and god dammit I don't understand why The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors isn't on Steam already.

I sold my Switch last year after I got a Deck and Ninja Saviors is one of the exclusives I miss the most :(

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Wait are there good Asterix games?! Can you play as Cacofonix? ...wait that's Wandersong isn't it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Wait are there good Asterix games?! Can you play as Cacofonix? ...wait that's Wandersong isn't it.

I absolutely loved those books as a kid

Settlers was the Asterix game :v:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

HopperUK posted:

There was a really good beat'em up on the arcades in the 90s, and then a really fun Asterix themed minigame collection in early 2000s. Can't remember the names.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Anybody want a free copy of Callisto Protocol? (And dead island 2 on EGS I guess.)

I have a free code from a GPU I bought months ago, which I never did anything with because neither of those appeal to me, and it's gonna expire soon.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Klyith posted:

Anybody want a free copy of Callisto Protocol? (And dead island 2 on EGS I guess.)

I have a free code from a GPU I bought months ago, which I never did anything with because neither of those appeal to me, and it's gonna expire soon.

Sure I’ll take it, thanks.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Klyith posted:

I was a big Dead Island mark so I wouldn't mind finding out how badly they're going to gently caress up the second one if those are separate keys. If not nbd!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Rinkles posted:

Sure I’ll take it, thanks.

PM'ed

explosivo posted:

I was a big Dead Island mark so I wouldn't mind finding out how badly they're going to gently caress up the second one if those are separate keys. If not nbd!

sadly no, it's one key

If Rinkles doesn't care about dead island 2 y'all might be able to share it though?

It's through AMD and I think involves linking your steam & EGS accounts on the AMD reward site. So Rinkles could make a disposable AMD reward login, link their Steam account to get Callisto, and then PM you the login deets. then you link your EGS account and get dead island.

seems like it would work, and who cares about sharing the login for AMD's marketing site

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nah no worries I don't need it that badly, figured I'd ask just in case :v:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

TeaJay posted:

All in all a very enjoyable experience, kinda surprised me how fun it was to play. It's very ambitious for a one dev project. There is jank but the good kind of jank, definitely recommending for someone who wants to play an some open world adventure game.

Thank you Gedonia posters for making me look up the game, I bought it and I've put about 6 hours into it and I'm having way more fun than I was expecting

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

HopperUK posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1261520/Asterix__Obelix_XXL_Romastered/

Though I'm only now realizing these are remasters of the console versions and not the technically impressive GBA versions...

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

repiv posted:

alternatively take the fromsoft approach of having a japanese developer craft your english offensive terms list, because it's funny

https://mod.gib.me/darksouls2/ngword/english.txt

"It was a different time. everybody called each other 'z***perhead' in the lobbies. I didn't even know what it meant!"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TeaJay posted:

I also managed to finish the game yesterday (story+Darklands final bosses). After struggling a bit in Darklands, I bought some more Warriors' guild gear and especially the epic Sword+Shield combo made all the difference. I realized that the sword crit so hard and hit so fast that my blood magic passives basically kept my health topped if I just kept pressing the attack button. The enchant weapon skill did a ton of damage too with maximum spell buffs and took care of smaller mob groups in one hit.

One thing I liked was that the whole world was not fully mapped, not only the zones that are not in the game yet but the various mountain areas between zones too, with camps and villages and even hidden boss encounters + secret mounts. Makes you feel like you're exploring since even the map makers didn't quite know what's in those areas. Travelling feels a bit slow but you get some spells (teleportation, flight) to help you and the best mount dragon also makes life a lot easier.

Yeah, going out of bounds and realizing it wasn't just proc gen mountains or an invisible wall then finding more weird stuff out there was a super cool thing to discover

Blood magic is extremely good for staying topped up but less so for finishing things off. I didn't get the blood demon thing unlocked though so I bet you could really cheese stuff with that

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Mescal posted:

"It was a different time. everybody called each other 'z***perhead' in the lobbies. I didn't even know what it meant!"

tbf that is an actual slur used against asians

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Whats the Wizard gameplay like in Gedonia? How doe sspell casting work? Most people I've seen talk about it seem to go for rogues or warrior types.

I wanna be a Wizard or a Witch, whatever wears a cool pointy hat, brimmed hat.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Leal posted:

... oh dear

My group (5 of us) saw her, and did the most human thing possible: ran over to her and beat her to death with the starter axes.

She showed no aggression and just pathed sideways from us. Now we know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

something humans something real monsters something