Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Gotta put a welding mask on when you use a black light

Not if you’re scomo. He actively seeks the light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

I hope it isn’t fabric seating that would be a bitch to clean cumstains out of.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

There used to be brothel tours of Langtrees Kalgoorlie, I gifted my sister a tour back when being edgy wasn't ogre,. It had some awesome merchandise in it like a signed on each half split wicket from the tied test match between Aus and India, a boxing glove with five of the top heavyweight boxers (Mohamed Ali was one of them and evidently it was quite rare for him to sign mech) and other crazy stuff.

I don't remember any kids there but it would have been unremarkable for a baby to be with one of adults on the tour, it looked pretty much like any tour group you would see in Rome down to the retired rich as gently caress American retired lawyer and his wife we befriended on the tour.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
And you thought your sharehouse was bad

quote:

Council 'jumped the gun' in evacuating 40 seasonal workers from Shearwater property, owner says

The company that owns a Tasmanian property from which 40 seasonal workers were evacuated has denied the property poses any risk to life.

The Latrobe Council issued an emergency order to vacate 30 Arthur Street, Shearwater last Friday, alleging there was a "significant and obvious risk" to the health and safety of dozens of seasonal workers living there.

The council has alleged 43 people, including 40 seasonal workers from Vanuatu, were being accommodated at the property.

All have since been offered alternative accommodation.

Simon Baldock, the director of Insight Tas Pty Ltd which owns the house, said he "empathically denied" the council's claim that it was appropriate for an emergency order to be issued.

"It will be alleged by us that there is no evidence of a threat to life," Mr Baldock said in a statement.

"We assert that the council has, once again, without any warning or dialogue, jumped the gun and shot first and with no intention of even asking questions of us."

About 70 people were found living in the same property in 2020, also resulting in an emergency order being issued.

"As a residential tenancy, the house was built to standards approved by the Council as late as 2006 and was being lawfully occupied by our tenants to the standards required of a residence of its size," Mr Baldock said, adding the house was "no different to a large share house".

"The tenants who lived in the house are effectively one big family," he said.

"They are all known to one another, they work as a team and have all made the journey to Tasmania choosing and wanting to live together.

"The damage from the targeted action of the council in excluding non-family persons from living there is made worse by the hurt inflicted on the Pacific workers who had every right to enjoy their home and who now have been dispossessed."

Mr Baldock's company has appealed the evacuation order to Tasmania's Civil and Administrative Appeals Tribunal (TASCAT).

His lawyer Glynn Williams said their main argument would be around building classification.

"The basis for the emergency order is that there was an aggregation of people there that weren't related, so it becomes an argument about building classification," Mr Williams said.

"The owner's position is quite clear, that as residential tenants of the property and from a large kinship group from Vanuatu, they're not only familiar with one another, but they're effectively one large household, so the appeal will be about and testing building classification."

Mayor takes aim at federal government's 'maladministration' of scheme
Latrobe Mayor Peter Freshney said inspections of the Shearwater property were carried out due to community concerns.

He said because of legal proceedings he could not comment specifically on what issues were identified, but some did relate to fire safety.

"Given those reports and advice, the general manager had no option but to issue an emergency order to evacuate the building housing seasonal workers," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-22/shearwater-property-owner-denies-risk-to-life/102008906

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Ahh yes, perfectly reasonable to have 43 people living in one residential house, I mean it has so much more room after 27 other people moved out.

I bet they were being charged $200 a week to live there as well

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Mr baldcock

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
https://twitter.com/MarkBaileyMP/status/1628695801970167808

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
gotta work back to lock up those kids

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

If they are at Parliament working how are they able to post on Social Media? Check Mate Human Rights Suspenders!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Labor being very brave by working overtime to put more kids in gaol

Real stand up group those Labors

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Is there a reason Sydney’s dams aren’t hydroelectric, and could they be modified to be so?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Is there a reason Sydney’s dams aren’t hydroelectric, and could they be modified to be so?

I’m positive there’s probably a government minister who’s interested in an 80 slide PowerPoint deck!!!’

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Warragamba Dam generator was retired in 2001, it was a waste of money to keep it maintained compared to how little it could run.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
snip

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 25, 2023

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I only just noticed for the first time that the pussy is censored in that pic. The Japanese have weird priorities

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I want to see the big dick butt fucker post.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Warragamba Dam generator was retired in 2001, it was a waste of money to keep it maintained compared to how little it could run.

Water storage dams, hydro dams, and flood control dams, all have very different use profiles.

Water storage: retain water for as long as possible, release only as water is used. Draw water from the depth of the dam that has the best quality (varies).
Hydro: release water as electricity is required, often significant amounts. You also want a significant “head”, or difference between top and bottom, to maximise potential energy of the stored water.
Flood control: keep the dam as empty as possible so it can hold water during a flood.

So for water storage you can put mini hydro generators on to generate as water is released for use, but you don’t get much power and the cost/maintenance may outweigh the benefit.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

bell jar posted:

I only just noticed for the first time that the pussy is censored in that pic. The Japanese have weird priorities

I dislike that I know what picture you're talking about just from this.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

bell jar posted:

Censorship laws written for them by Americans will do that.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Lidia Thorpe at it again.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SharazDavid/status/1629643042683781123

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/JamColley/status/1629709521684930560

he totally is

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What are your thoughts about what she’s protesting?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
She's a real hearts and minds winner. False flagging the no vote is genius.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Waiting for next "are you okay #aruokay" day to quizz and harang the man my guy's spuriously perceived suicidal ideation, and tell him I appreciate it

At least got a glimmer of self awareness

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Feb 26, 2023

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Disappointing to see her take away the focus from LGBTQ Mardi Gras but seeing “armchair pundits” weigh in on how they think a First Nations woman should act is low key loving gross

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
its actually very on brand to protest police presence at pride fwiw

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

It’s good to actually see some focus brought on the struggle of non-white queer/trans activists who have fought for LGBTQIA+ rights. I don’t agree with Lidia’s position on the Voice but again love seeing the usual suspects tut-tut about it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Lidia Thorpe doesn't care about anyone other than Lidia Thorpe.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Long suffering posters and lurkers may recall taht one of the benchmarks that would herald how lovely this government may be was what happenned at HAD.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-27/national-cyber-office-to-be-established-in-wake-of-optus-hack/102026156

Doesn't inspire confidence.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its actually very on brand to protest police presence at pride fwiw

What does a youth support groups float have to do with it though?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
this is how it happened like that:

https://twitter.com/naveenjrazik/status/1629959644780326912

i appreciate the spirit of the protest but it was clearly not well executed and i would have preferred thorpe coordinate with say, the queer group she marched with in protesting, rather than acting unilaterally which took the focus away from the intended message of no cops at pride

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lih posted:

this is how it happened like that:

https://twitter.com/naveenjrazik/status/1629959644780326912

i appreciate the spirit of the protest but it was clearly not well executed and i would have preferred thorpe coordinate with say, the queer group she marched with in protesting, rather than acting unilaterally which took the focus away from the intended message of no cops at pride

Not protesting in the right way eh?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Recoome posted:

Not protesting in the right way eh?

Correct, when "no cops at pride" is itself a contentious opinion within the LGBTQ community, it shouldn't be one of their straight allies who decides to protest by jumping in front of a float and disrupting the parade.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i'm not objecting to the protest, but it could have very obviously been executed better, & her as a straight cis woman unilaterally making herself the face of 'no cops in pride' (which is the correct position) makes it much messier

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

She needed to put 10 more points into QUR instead of investing everything in BLK and STR. If she had enough of the right skill points she could turn into a little ramp and make the cops do a kickflip

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

freebooter posted:

Correct, when "no cops at pride" is itself a contentious opinion within the LGBTQ community, it shouldn't be one of their straight allies who decides to protest by jumping in front of a float and disrupting the parade.

its only contentious among the wealthy board of directors because it impacts event sponsors and even there its a hotly debated topic. I dont appreciate you erasing the very real community opinions that call for it every year and are shot down

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

There's definitely flags to look at when someone is criticised for not protesting "properly" but yeah it probably is fair to criticise when the person involved is a straight politician currently trying to carve out her own independent political identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The only reason cops should be allowed to join Mardi Gras js so they can be booed and egged mercilessly.