Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

When are they making Wario Land 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

When are they making Wario Land 5.

seen Pizza Tower yet?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m playing Elden ring on my steam deck while I’m waiting for some appliances to get delivered.

8am- 8pm delivery window ffs

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Crowetron posted:

I'm feeling the same way about Brawler, but I see Tiger Drop up ahead in the skill tree, so I figure once I get that it'll be a powerhouse again (except when I gently caress up)

No I think Brawler is just kind of weak. The problem is there's not a lot of objects and environmental things to do heat moves with which is why you use Brawler/Thug in 0, so you're just punching. And there's no equipment to make the number bigger like there is with the gun and sword.

I crafted a poison katana from the blacksmith and it did so much damage there was very little reason not to use it a lot. Swordsman also gets the heat move that you can do against any wall which is much easier to execute against bosses than any of the more situational counterattacks and poo poo.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

TheSwizzler posted:

seen Pizza Tower yet?

Haha, sick

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

TheSwizzler posted:

Anyone get into Darktide? Other than STO probably my favorite goon gaming group was killing rats

We've got a pretty decent size Darktide crew on the overchill server that gets used for poo poo like Destiny if you're lookin for folks

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I want to like Darktide but I'm sick and tired of live service treadmills. just let me hop in a server with my crew and gently caress around however I want. multiplayer gaming should have froze in time at the cs source server browser era.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's kinda how i feel about it. i want to do private games like i did with vermintide 2 but they architected it all wrong for that, as a joke

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
POsting in nu-QCS owns lmao.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
where''s your ik star

e: oh your SPR av is gone now, that was quick

RPATDO_LAMD has a new favorite as of 00:21 on Feb 26, 2023

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

POsting in nu-QCS owns lmao.

Yeah that was intensely hosed up, I'm sorry

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I stole $10 from a transphobe, that's a win in my book.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I guess I took it for granted that the OP could change the title and tag.

ask nicely and a mod can change it for you
you can like report the OP and put the request in the report message or something

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

I want to like Darktide but I'm sick and tired of live service treadmills. just let me hop in a server with my crew and gently caress around however I want. multiplayer gaming should have froze in time at the cs source server browser era.

I don't understand how Darktide got so hosed up when Vermintide 2 was so fun lol

Like I know VT2 had some struggles early on but nothing like Darktide

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Skypie posted:

I don't understand how Darktide got so hosed up when Vermintide 2 was so fun lol

Like I know VT2 had some struggles early on but nothing like Darktide

Vermintide 2 already made a bunch of mistakes VT1 didn't, fatshark isn't very good at expansion of scope.

Also VT2 absolutely get the same flak Darktide is getting right now, it just happened as a result of post-launch changes instead of at launch :v:

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

gonna play town of salem and hopefully read some funny posts this lazy sunday

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Boba Pearl posted:

I mean, at least you didn't give them a mod star.

Also goddamn every time I get bored of a game and remember I have hades I cannot loving stop playing hades.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

kinda fitting that you mention the witcher, because that game's narrated by the guy who voiced geralt lol

lol

that owns

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ive been playing bannerlord for like ten days straight, i have to stop sooner or later

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ive been playing bannerlord for like ten days straight, i have to stop sooner or later

It keeps popping up on gamepass for me but I know nothing about it

Sell me on it, I need something new

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you get in fights and do quests to build up a warband from a bunch of peasants with sticks into a fearsome fighting force, and then make allies who do the same, and then you get into siege battles and enact various laws and marry off siblings to gain support for debasing the currency etc

it goes from like fighting ten rag-clad guys throwing rocks at you to leading a great big horde against a great big enemy horde. it's all real-time combat rather than abstracted out; the fighting's pretty meaty-feeling, and it's really satisfying once you get used to lancing from the back of a horse or hurling a javelin so hard into someone's face that the physics break

there's a moderately effective command system in place to allow you to place troops and issue orders (e.g. making archers stand on a hill while your infantry guard them), but you can also just tell everyone to charge at standard difficulty and it'll probably handle itself alright

there's a lot of layers basically. strategic decisions, tactical warband composition and equipment choices, and a lot of good fighting. and there's multiplayer iirc

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

Good job.
I haven't read any of that part yet . Tough to catch up

iwentdoodie posted:

I mean, at least you didn't give them a mod star.

Also goddamn every time I get bored of a game and remember I have hades I cannot loving stop playing hades.
I picked it up on switch, and didn't bother transferring my save from steam. Such a different experience starting again from scratch.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
9-Nine was a ton of fun. If you like VNs where people get weird superpowers and they use them in clever ways, then look no further

I'm continuing my VN kick and moving onto Clannad, which is the most aggressively anime game I have ever seen in my entire life. Usually "too anime" ends up being a vague complaint without any obvious meaning beyond "I don't like this, and I don't like anime, thus this must be anime"

but Clannad

very well might be too anime. She looks like a freaky alien on an old 80s sci-fi cover. The in-game sprites look better, and you get used to it, but it's still a very distinct look

in non-VN games, I've been playing Let's Go Eevee with my 4yo son. It has a coop mode that's just straight up cheating (it allows 2v1 battles lol), but it's been great that he can just use whatever pokemon he wants while I handle more strategic duties during tougher battles. My first pokemon game was Blue in 1998 when I was 9. The nostalgia and sharing this connection with my son is just too much for my pathetic little heart to handle. I actually got teary eyed seeing how excited he was for Pidgeotto to evolve

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Was World's End Club actually any good? I'm starting to get the itch to play an Uchikoshi game again.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
My only familiarity with VNs is Fate through playing Fate Grand Order on my phone, and Melty Blood through playing the fighting game

Melty Blood rules though cuz I can play a demure house maid who clobbers people with a frying pan

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I need to start bannerlord but I'm terrified to because I think I lost time like one of those alien abduction experiences playing the pendor mod for warband

those games are entirely too up my alley

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Skypie posted:

My only familiarity with VNs is Fate through playing Fate Grand Order on my phone, and Melty Blood through playing the fighting game

Melty Blood rules though cuz I can play a demure house maid who clobbers people with a frying pan

pro tip do not play the original vns for either of those games
melty blood is cool though

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

got done my no-prep DnD game throwing a rando hill giant at the party but they ended up tripping off a trap I left for them over a year ago with a mislabeled potion of reduce they dosed the giant with

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Played a little Animal Crossing and realized, wow, even the simulation of that gap in winter between the last snow melting and the greening of spring is depressing to me.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

you get in fights and do quests to build up a warband from a bunch of peasants with sticks into a fearsome fighting force, and then make allies who do the same, and then you get into siege battles and enact various laws and marry off siblings to gain support for debasing the currency etc

it goes from like fighting ten rag-clad guys throwing rocks at you to leading a great big horde against a great big enemy horde. it's all real-time combat rather than abstracted out; the fighting's pretty meaty-feeling, and it's really satisfying once you get used to lancing from the back of a horse or hurling a javelin so hard into someone's face that the physics break

there's a moderately effective command system in place to allow you to place troops and issue orders (e.g. making archers stand on a hill while your infantry guard them), but you can also just tell everyone to charge at standard difficulty and it'll probably handle itself alright

there's a lot of layers basically. strategic decisions, tactical warband composition and equipment choices, and a lot of good fighting. and there's multiplayer iirc

Downloading

B33rChiller posted:

Good job.
I haven't read any of that part yet . Tough to catch up

I picked it up on switch, and didn't bother transferring my save from steam. Such a different experience starting again from scratch.

I didnt think I'd like it so I played it on gamepass, got addicted, then it left. Then I bought it on steam so I had to start all over and gently caress its so good

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Downloading

be patient and expect some jank 4sure. once you get rolling with a fat stack of knights there is nothing better then calvary charging down a hill at an infantry line and smashing some dudes.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

no sagachat here but SAD's got at least one thing done

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=681

the posters are in the enclosed pool area

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

TheSwizzler posted:

got done my no-prep DnD game throwing a rando hill giant at the party but they ended up tripping off a trap I left for them over a year ago with a mislabeled potion of reduce they dosed the giant with

That sounds like good DnD!

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Tarnop posted:

That sounds like good DnD!

threw down some homemade terrain, the cleric got flattened with a boulder, good times had by all

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

TheSwizzler posted:

threw down some homemade terrain, the cleric got flattened with a boulder, good times had by all

That looks great, I'd be well happy as a player if the DM dropped that setup on the table. What was the actual effect on the potion? Make the giant even bigger?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Tarnop posted:

That looks great, I'd be well happy as a player if the DM dropped that setup on the table. What was the actual effect on the potion? Make the giant even bigger?

Yeah they'd picked up a pair of enlarge/reduce potions a long time ago but didn't realize the labels had been switched

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheSwizzler posted:

That looks like a lot of fun!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

pro tip do not play the original vns for either of those games
melty blood is cool though

yeah I know the original Fate VN is basically an H-game.

Melty Blood is funny because the protagonist's family gets murdered by a vampire and then later that same vampire steals his TV lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

what fighting game should I get into? ive never played any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
guilty gear strive is fun, has a big playerbase (for a fighting game lol), and is relatively accessible / easy to get into for a new player