Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Current events, not current forum drama. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

FrozenVent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH35pNmEwh4

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

TheWeedNumber posted:

lmfao someone tubgirl'd the Latin America thread in D&D. Was not expecting that today.

E: someone's ragequiting. I counted 35 posts of tubgirl in that user's post history. All in D&D. ayy lmao

You know, in all my years of being on the Internet I'd managed to avoid seeing that particular image. Until now!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

FrozenVent posted:

Dude it’s not even 10am on a Saturday and you’ve already handed out a BS probe.

What have you become.

Do you recognize yourself?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
There does seem to be an unavoidably large amount of forums drama, currently. I try not to dip my toes in the QCS-ey stuff but days like this it bubbles up through the cracks like pink slime

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I avoid inter forum drama by only reading this one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
what have I become
my sweetest friend
everyone I probe
goes away, until 10

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

what have I become
my sweetest friend
everyone I probe
goes away, until 10

And you could have it all
My empire of lols
I will let you down
I will make posts hurt

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Dude it’s not even 10am on a Saturday and you’ve already handed out a BS probe.

What have you become.

Do you recognize yourself?

There’s a lot of forum drama rn and an influx of new GIP posters so moderation is a bit tighter than usual right now.

Also all sixers are BS probes, DWI.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CommieGIR posted:

We're not talking city states here. China is wholly dependent on exports to support their economy. If they were not, they'd likely already had tried invading Taiwan.

Yeah I’ve wondered about that, if China pulls off a quick invasion before the US could intervene there’d be sanctions but would be plausible it would be like Hong Kong where there wasn’t much disruption. But if it’s a long war with US Navy ships getting sunk, even if China did overrun Taiwan no way in hell anything leaves their ports for a NATO country even if that badly disrupts the world economy, and Russia and India aren’t gonna buy enough to prevent hundreds of millions of factory workers from becoming unemployed which is a recipe for social upheaval which is very much what China does not want.

Except the same could be said for Russia invading Ukraine so I guess it comes down to what their leader wants. Dang the anti-Asian hysteria would be nightmarish in the US, it was bad enough with the Wuhan Flu nonsense.

Dang, I went to a Jewish wedding a few years back and an attendee had a SS neck tattoo. He was invited and a friend of the family and wasn’t causing trouble but that was baffling. I’d assume it was from prison but still dunno why he wouldn’t have had that removed immediately or at least put a bandaid on it, especially with many elderly Jews present.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's a really interesting story of how they knew him in the first place I feel

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah I’ve wondered about that, if China pulls off a quick invasion before the US could intervene there’d be sanctions but would be plausible it would be like Hong Kong where there wasn’t much disruption. But if it’s a long war with US Navy ships getting sunk, even if China did overrun Taiwan no way in hell anything leaves their ports for a NATO country even if that badly disrupts the world economy, and Russia and India aren’t gonna buy enough to prevent hundreds of millions of factory workers from becoming unemployed which is a recipe for social upheaval which is very much what China does not want.

Hong Kong involved less disruptions because it was the Trump Administration. I suspect any other Administration, even a different Republican Administration, would've bee completely different.

Trump/Pompeo spent a lot of time disrupting normal US geopolitics.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

FrozenVent posted:

There’s a lot of forum drama rn and an influx of new GIP posters so moderation is a bit tighter than usual right now.

Also all sixers are BS probes, DWI.

Man, you got me agreein with shim

No mods, no masters

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I avoid inter forum drama by only reading this one.

In the Ukraine thread GBS comes to you now!

In current events:

The only Alaskan lawmaker to ever be censured is going for two

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Soul Dentist posted:

In current events:

Refreshing that there is still one honest politician sharing their quiet part out loud.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Soul Dentist posted:

In current events:

lol now there's a disgusting opinion

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

They keep electing him though.

Lmao you have to watch the video, he doesn't just say a dumb once and eat poo poo but no he triples down on it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Soul Dentist posted:

In current events:

What happens when you try to ape "A Modest Proposal" but are really stupid.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Stultus Maximus posted:

What happens when you try to ape "A Modest Proposal" but are really stupid.

This also works for Alex Jones, the most disastrously sued man in America. I've been listening to Knowledge Fight a bunch lately, and it turns out some people are stupid enough to think "A Modest Proposal" was anything but a critique of the british government doing nothing to help Ireland.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Steezo posted:

This also works for Alex Jones, the most disastrously sued man in America. I've been listening to Knowledge Fight a bunch lately, and it turns out some people are stupid enough to think "A Modest Proposal" was anything but a critique of the british government doing nothing to help Ireland.

We also have chuds surprised that Rage Against the Machine "turned political". Over in one of the buttcoin threads we were recently mocking some indicted web3 media company founders who named their startup Ozzy because they were inspired by reading Ozzymandias.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

We also have chuds surprised that Rage Against the Machine "turned political". Over in one of the buttcoin threads we were recently mocking some indicted web3 media company founders who named their startup Ozzy because they were inspired by reading Ozzymandias.

behold my works, ye mighty, as I bite the head off of this bat.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

That Warhammer 40k meme but instead it’s “wow, cool works”

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

A.o.D. posted:

behold my works, ye mighty, as I bite the head off of this bat.

They did ride the crazy train after all.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

That Warhammer 40k meme but instead it’s “wow, cool works”

40k's messaging is not at all "war is bad" (it's Gundam) but we know what you mean:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Midjack posted:

40k's messaging is not at all "war is bad" (it's Gundam) but we know what you mean:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I parted ways with GW some time ago when everyone there who remembered the increasingly fascist and xenophobic setting "the Imperium of Man" was in fact satire had left the company and it went full Hard Men Making Hard Choices, but if they're trying to go back to where they began that's nice I guess. They have about a quarter century of unironic grimdark they'll have to dig out from under. Lotsa luck!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Midjack posted:

I parted ways with GW some time ago when everyone there who remembered the increasingly fascist and xenophobic setting "the Imperium of Man" was in fact satire had left the company and it went full Hard Men Making Hard Choices, but if they're trying to go back to where they began that's nice I guess. They have about a quarter century of unironic grimdark they'll have to dig out from under. Lotsa luck!

They did it about a decade ago if I remember. Did you miss all the children's adventure books they put out?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/ConnieSchultz/status/1629613147303624710?s=20

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Whomp whomp whoooooomp.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Art of the Dil, folks.

You love to see it. :smugdon:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
He can rightly get hosed.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

my heart bleeds

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I found out today that this dude got caught sockpuppeting praise for himself in Reddit AMAs

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Tiny Timbs posted:

I found out today that this dude got caught sockpuppeting praise for himself in Reddit AMAs

lmfao i forgot about that

ardiem
Apr 26, 2022

Even before Reddit, Scott Adams was sockpuppeting on other platforms like Metafilter: https://mefiwiki.com/wiki/Scott_Adams,_plannedchaos

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

So glad dilbert is finally dead.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The only crime is that it took this long

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Linguistic Kill Shot

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Doesn't that dumb rear end in a top hat have a deep, dark corner somewhere he needs to be whispering the word "persuasion" to himself eroticly? Guy seriously gets off on that specific word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

mlmp08 posted:

Linguistic Kill Shot

That's going in the "future band name" file.