Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Xenoborg posted:

Solid state storage like USB drives are also infamous for doing that. They'll make a chip with 25x 64GB chips and if more than 24 work sell it as a 1.5 TB. 20-23 it become a 1.25 TB. 16-19 a 1 TB, etc.

This is a video that goes into some crazy detail on sd cards, to the point of running arbitrary code on the computer that lives inside the card itself. No, that wasn't a typo

https://youtu.be/ruEn7TE4YMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Well here's a whoops.

https://i.imgur.com/4gTFQZj.mp4

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Sagebrush posted:

any time anyone (other than a nuclear scientist) makes a radiation comparison involving chernobyl or hiroshima you can just immediately ignore it.

"the radiation level is 400 times that of the hiroshima bomb" is so stupid and meaningless that it makes me mad. 400 times what? the radiation level at ground zero after detonation? no, absolutely not. 400 times the (perfectly safe) background radiation level in hiroshima today? perhaps? even 400 times the background radiation isn't particularly dangerous -- just means in a day you'd get a little over a year of background dose, so if you went there for a day once a year, you'd have the same radiation exposure as an average flight attendant. the radiation level outside the Little Boy bomb casing with the U-235 core installed? maybe, but what a stupid comparison. and then what type of radiation are we talking about -- alpha, beta, gamma, electrons, x-rays, neutron? how much energy behind the emissions? quantities of specific isotopes? curies, grays or sieverts???

Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig; es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Fuckin post/av combo of the year

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Yes, they were high quality tools from their founding in the early 1900s up through WW2 and beyond. Old Black & Decker tools are solid.

My father cut his teeth in technical writing and graphic design layout by writing all the manuals for B&D hand held powertools from 1993-96.

Kind of an odd thing to outsource now that I think of it, especially to the company my dad worked at.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Sagebrush posted:

any time anyone (other than a nuclear scientist) makes a radiation comparison involving chernobyl or hiroshima you can just immediately ignore it.

"the radiation level is 400 times that of the hiroshima bomb" is so stupid and meaningless that it makes me mad. 400 times what? the radiation level at ground zero after detonation? no, absolutely not. 400 times the (perfectly safe) background radiation level in hiroshima today? perhaps? even 400 times the background radiation isn't particularly dangerous -- just means in a day you'd get a little over a year of background dose, so if you went there for a day once a year, you'd have the same radiation exposure as an average flight attendant. the radiation level outside the Little Boy bomb casing with the U-235 core installed? maybe, but what a stupid comparison. and then what type of radiation are we talking about -- alpha, beta, gamma, electrons, x-rays, neutron? how much energy behind the emissions? quantities of specific isotopes? curies, grays or sieverts???

Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig; es ist nicht einmal falsch!

from the perspective of a nuclear scientist, nuclear scientists are just as prone to stupidity and dishonesty as everyone else so if someone can't explain radiation without invoking hiroshima/chernobyl that just demonstrates they either don't know what they're talking about or they're bullshitting you out of laziness. unless it's an official spokesperson making an authoritative declaration in which case they're 100% lying

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

What the actual gently caress

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Hollismason posted:

That is Super SuS. Russian dude, used to drink a lot. IIRC, some friends got him out of Russia around when the war started and he's doing better now.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hollismason posted:

It's from a kreosan video with some funny comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGWj-G8xbE

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Kreosan is some of the best content on YouTube

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Left as a link because, reaction video. But do watch if you want to see a couple of cave divers yell at the screen for this.
https://youtu.be/dy_3m-9nOGw?t=1607

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

very no

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

madeintaipei posted:

My father cut his teeth in technical writing and graphic design layout by writing all the manuals for B&D hand held powertools from 1993-96.

Kind of an odd thing to outsource now that I think of it, especially to the company my dad worked at.

If you are talking about exploded parts diagrams there's a non-zero chance I have seen your dad's work. I miss leafing through those huge books. And using the microfiche.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think that needs more than just paint.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

So uhm... that russian dude is going to be die horrifically within a year or so right?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Surely the escalade owner won't mind too much

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
There was a story that went with that pic; the owner was walked out to their new arrivals lot to pick out a brand new one to take home free of charge.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Xerol posted:

I think that needs more than just paint.

Obviously it needs prepped first

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm the guy who pisses on the pipe segments to cool them off.

congrats on the excellent hydration

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

NoWake posted:

There was a story that went with that pic; the owner was walked out to their new arrivals lot to pick out a brand new one to take home free of charge.

Pretty sure that story is bullshit. I worked customer service for Honda, ages ago, and dealers *never* replaced cars, for any reason. Fell off of the lift? Fix it and tell them sorry. Engine exploded three blocks out of the lot? Fix it and tell them sorry. And so on.

Dealers were absolute scumbags with service being only a tiny less bad than sales.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Taeke posted:

So uhm... that russian dude is going to be die horrifically within a year or so right?

I think it’s probably more like develop cancer in a decade or so but he’ll be cursing his younger dumb self. His “fans” encouraging him to do this dumb poo poo are also awful people

Vakal
May 11, 2008

jetz0r posted:

"Are you ready to drown if something goes wrong?"

"No."

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1629867476820406272?s=20

EDIT: Platform shoes are a tripping hazard.

https://twitter.com/mccrabb_will/status/1629878678133035009?s=20

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 26, 2023

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

I like the new "body off frame" SUVs

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

I took the training last time I worked a hospital gig. "Do not take the floor buffer into the MRI room" was fairly clear. The metal bed is a new one for me...

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Nothing of value was lost

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Harry_Potato posted:

I took the training last time I worked a hospital gig. "Do not take the floor buffer into the MRI room" was fairly clear. The metal bed is a new one for me...

They usually either transition you to a specific bed in the hall or even in your room before taking you in, so yeah someone hosed up big time.

Its also why they usually let the MRI tech team and nurses handle brining the patient into the room or lead the team.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Presumably the bed was empty?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

When moved with sufficient force, any bed can become empty.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

null_pointer posted:

Pretty sure that story is bullshit. I worked customer service for Honda, ages ago, and dealers *never* replaced cars, for any reason. Fell off of the lift? Fix it and tell them sorry. Engine exploded three blocks out of the lot? Fix it and tell them sorry. And so on.

Dealers were absolute scumbags with service being only a tiny less bad than sales.

It would cost more to fix that than it would to trade them a replacement car. Repairs on cars routinely cost more than new because of labour costs.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Drone_Fragger posted:

It would cost more to fix that than it would to trade them a replacement car. Repairs on cars routinely cost more than new because of labour costs.

Yeah, that's a total write-off. But they have insurance so it's not a big dealio.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
https://i.imgur.com/MykcP1f.mp4

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Almost always when you see something like that in an mri someone was rushing in there to help who shouldn’t. If you have a code in mri the tech should be pulling the patient out of the magnet and locking the door behind them.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/boogiebelgrade/status/1629752417116991488

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

:stare:

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Mmmm [repeat]
Yeah
Workin' like a dog for the boss man (Whoa)
Workin' for the company (Whoa, yeah)
Bettin' on the dice I'm tossin' (Whoa)
I'm gonna have a fantasy (Whoa, yeah)
But where am I gonna look?
They tell me that love is blind
I really need a girl like an open book
To read between the lines

Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
Love in an elevator
Lovin' it up 'til I hit the ground

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The doubletake is gold

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Holy poo poo that is a soiled pants moment. I don't think you could ever convince me to go near an elevator for the rest of my life.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
"Look, the patient is in the MRI, are you gonna nitpick how I do every little thing?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

FEED ME A GURNEY