Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hell yeah, ladies are doing very cool poo poo on skates these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

gently caress yeah!

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

MagpieConcept posted:

I think it's phrased that way because of the extra paperwork involved in claiming a deer that's already dead. It can be a pain in the rear end. (Coming from an area where people will literally carry bolt cutters for roadkill deer to take their antlers.....at least this dude went through the proper channels).

Do antlers have some sort of value outside of being a trophy? Because this sounds like a participation award for hunting.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean yeah literal monetary value. A full rack of antlers is worth quite a bit of money.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
My dog found a shed deer antler on our acreage the other day and brought it to me. Such a drat good dog.

Antler is pretty valuable as a material for knife handles and such. A piece sold as a dog chew at pet smart is like $18 for a 6” piece.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Cat Hatter posted:

Do antlers have some sort of value outside of being a trophy? Because this sounds like a participation award for hunting.

Yes. People in some states train dogs to find sheds and set up nets that will collect deer antlers. It can be lucrative.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Travispaints/status/1629577051052314624?t=UPdWE6bl6B_H4pMh-tcqDg&s=19

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Zookeeper: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural thiccness matched only by its hostility.
Security Guard: You admire it.
Zookeeper: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of watermelons.
Security Guard: Look, I am... I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.
Zookeeper: Last word.
Security Guard: What?
Zookeeper: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

From the wayback.

But, I've been reading the Zoolander thread, and this really, really confused me for a moment.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

I've seen this a few times now and just noticed the jet on shark :golfclap:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

$36,300

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Someone heard manta rays use "ram-jet feeding" and misunderstood what that means (but not by much).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I'm saving money to buy a house, but this may change my mind...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you bought a house you could paint even more dragons and dinosaurs on it.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

OwlFancier posted:

If you bought a house you could paint even more dragons and dinosaurs on it.

Don't listen to this goon. It's a perfect homesteed.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The Gutter Phoenix

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqtmriQkbK1ub2urw.mp4

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1631105589622259716?s=21&t=X0U2ImHlbyL9mcxIPTPmVA

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1631716698033201173?t=Qb84zLfqYiQaVLrSqSkK6g&s=19

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqxsm1MeRp1w5pr9j.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oh wow, that's rad as gently caress

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

As someone who hasn't watched a full game of football since the Bears were last in the Superbowl, is there a reason the defense can't just tackle all of them? I'm guessing there's some penalty for tackling someone without the ball.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Uthor posted:

As someone who hasn't watched a full game of football since the Bears were last in the Superbowl, is there a reason the defense can't just tackle all of them? I'm guessing there's some penalty for tackling someone without the ball.

On that line of thought, I'd guess it's also against the rules to obfuscate who has the ball. Otherwise you'd see that maneuver a lot more often.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

On that line of thought, I'd guess it's also against the rules to obfuscate who has the ball. Otherwise you'd see that maneuver a lot more often.

There are already a lot of plays with fake handoffs, it's not like it's against the rules. It just isn't a smart thing to do. Every tackle is a possible injury, and even if they're not injured, each tackle lowers performance in that game. The other team could have just tackled everyone they reasonable thought had the ball, and having your 6 best guys get tackled in one play is not smart.

I think the real problem is the uniform colors being too similar to the ball. And the other team didn't just smash everyone. And they were slow to get down the field so that team had time to play hide the ball.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The surprise element also comes into play there where the other team goes "Wait, what??" for a second, which is enough of a pause for them to go for it. I guess it's the kind of play you get to attempt once, if they ever tried it again against those players a second time they'd go "Oh it's this bullshit again" and react a lot quicker

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Never thought I'd see that Eyeshield 21 strat executed IRL

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

killer crane posted:

There are already a lot of plays with fake handoffs, it's not like it's against the rules. It just isn't a smart thing to do. Every tackle is a possible injury, and even if they're not injured, each tackle lowers performance in that game. The other team could have just tackled everyone they reasonable thought had the ball, and having your 6 best guys get tackled in one play is not smart.

I think the real problem is the uniform colors being too similar to the ball. And the other team didn't just smash everyone. And they were slow to get down the field so that team had time to play hide the ball.

This also works in HS or low level college because everyone is so much slower. NFL level that whole group is getting leveled

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i love that they lined up by height

how tall is dude on the left looks like he's about 1 and 2/3's rifle lengths tall maybe a full 2 lengths

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
And they say crime doesn't pay

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

3/4 Greek mountain bandits in 1923 shaved on the daily

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Wait just stolen, or ever stolen? Like were the only reason they were bandits is cos they wanted a go around rocking a massive Jewelry collection is what I'm asking here?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Kyrios T

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Well yeah what if the Turks start lobbing gas?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Remember that they had just got gussied up for a photo.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

This why you need a bandit leader to be a well rounded bandit group. They got the stealing down pat, but it looks like they haven't fenced anything in years. And kidnapping just photographic evidence? Malákas, the whole lot of them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps a bandit just wants to look pretty.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

GOAT Goat

https://twitter.com/OTerrifying/status/1633357220514791425?t=kA8hSUS2G0ii66GJij4Z7Q&s=19

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

quote:

Research into clothing patents stretching back over 200 years, funded by the European Research Council at Goldsmiths, University of London, has revealed a hidden history of women’s sport. As part of the project, a selection of active and sportswear patents from the 1890s to the 1940s were recreated by the sewing sociologist Dr Katrina Jungnickel and her team at the Politics of Patents project

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I understand yeti sightings now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpefYPLH67A