Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Does it blow dry your butthole too or do you just drip rear end water into your underwear

The whole “I use less TP” statement implies you still need to use TP, but the other poster said they don’t have to wipe their rear end anymore. Someone isn’t using this thing properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Got a minivan! It's mine but really it's the kids'. If you're on the fence between a minivan and a large SUV, face reality and get a van. My wife got an Ascent last year which is pretty nice and it was the defacto children mobile because I had a Ford Focus and couldn't easily fit two car seats in it. But the van is a huge step up from the Ascent which I never really liked to drive. And plenty of space for the double stroller and, when the time comes, a third car seat (fingers crossed for needing that). The Ascent has three rows as well but it seems a lot more troublesome to actually get a child back there compared to a van. Plus, sliding doors!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

https://www.amazon.com/ZMJH-ZMA201-Elongated-Unlimited-Electronic/dp/B09KTM757G

Fancy rear end hole luxury device! For anyone that hasn't taken a ride on a bidet, it's a life changer. I got a basic one about a year ago just to see if it was my style. Now I use 1/10 the TP as before and my anus doesn't bleed at all anymore.

This one has all the best Japanese features. I fear that I may never want to not be making GBS threads again.

That's a weird looking mouse.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends

Bottom Liner posted:

Does it blow dry your butthole too or do you just drip rear end water into your underwear

The whole “I use less TP” statement implies you still need to use TP, but the other poster said they don’t have to wipe their rear end anymore. Someone isn’t using this thing properly.

I've got a model that does that although I've never used it exclusively, it's a little gimmicky. The heated seat and water are nice though! Significantly reduces TP usage (1-2 wipe max, really just drying off). It's true - having to take a crap anywhere without a bidet now is torture.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Bottom Liner posted:

The new one I ordered does indeed have a blow dryer. Can't vouch for it's effectiveness yet though. Without the dryer it only takes 2-3 squares of TP to blot yourself dry.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Not pictured: plane tickets to Tanzania and a poo poo ton of guide and park fees. I'm gonna go take a picture of a goddamn shoebill

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
rf 100-500?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Not pictured: plane tickets to Tanzania and a poo poo ton of guide and park fees. I'm gonna go take a picture of a goddamn shoebill

That's way cool. Post Shoebill. (The most terrifying bird.)

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune

Yep, wanted a native rf lens to compliment my ef 500mm prime and something with more flexibility for big animals.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's way cool. Post Shoebill. (The most terrifying bird.)

I will. Shoebill often decapitates its prey with its giant razor sharp bill! Very terrifying!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yep, wanted a native rf lens to compliment my ef 500mm prime and something with more flexibility for big animals.

I will. Shoebill often decapitates its prey with its giant razor sharp bill! Very terrifying!

OK it's more terrifying than I even knew lmao.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shoebills don't attack people and they're adorable (also loud as gently caress though)

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I spent way too long trying to figure out what all those buttons and switches do on your fancy thermos.

mystes
May 31, 2006

nostrata posted:

I spent way too long trying to figure out what all those buttons and switches do on your fancy thermos.
For some reason I legitimately thought it was one of the novelty lens mug things for a second at first

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

I have that book. It’s quite useful.

My favourites were lilac breasted rollers and purple grenadiers. Secretary birds and marabou storks are cool too. I keep a roller feather in my flying hat.

Serengeti? Kili? Ngorongoro? I used to live in the Kenyan side of Serengeti, Masai Mara.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mystes posted:

Shoebills don't attack people and they're adorable (also loud as gently caress though)

Ghosts and zombies and wendigos don't attack people. They're still terrifying.

mystes
May 31, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ghosts and zombies and wendigos don't attack people. They're still terrifying.
yeah but shoebills look like muppets

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mystes posted:

yeah but shoebills look like muppets

Did we watch different shows?

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune

St_Ides posted:

I have that book. It’s quite useful.

My favourites were lilac breasted rollers and purple grenadiers. Secretary birds and marabou storks are cool too. I keep a roller feather in my flying hat.

Serengeti? Kili? Ngorongoro? I used to live in the Kenyan side of Serengeti, Masai Mara.

I'm super excited about ground hornbills, secretary birds and poo poo like old world barbets and shrikes. And shoebill. I've never been anywhere with rollers, bee eaters or sunbirds so I'm looking forward to them too for sure. And big mammals, of course. I'm not actually sure what our itinerary is going to be, just that we're flying in to Kilimanjaro and spending a month travelling around northern Tanzania, possibly jumping over to Kenya, Burundi, and/or Rwanda if it seems cool. I'm tagging along with a friend who planned the trip. Someone else was originally going to go with him but had to duck out so I'm taking their spot. My friend is putting together a book on vultures so we're concentrating on getting as many vulture species as possible.

Actually, since you lived there, what's the border crossing like between Tanzania and Kenya? Is it pretty chill through the Serengeti if we're going that way or is it a PITA?

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

I'm super excited about ground hornbills, secretary birds and poo poo like old world barbets and shrikes. And shoebill. I've never been anywhere with rollers, bee eaters or sunbirds so I'm looking forward to them too for sure. And big mammals, of course. I'm not actually sure what our itinerary is going to be, just that we're flying in to Kilimanjaro and spending a month travelling around northern Tanzania, possibly jumping over to Kenya, Burundi, and/or Rwanda if it seems cool. I'm tagging along with a friend who planned the trip. Someone else was originally going to go with him but had to duck out so I'm taking their spot. My friend is putting together a book on vultures so we're concentrating on getting as many vulture species as possible.

Actually, since you lived there, what's the border crossing like between Tanzania and Kenya? Is it pretty chill through the Serengeti if we're going that way or is it a PITA?

Shoebills weren’t in my area, they’re closer to lake Victoria. Bee eaters and sunbirds are cool too. There’s a lot of interesting birds there. Vultures are massively on the decline, so see them while you can. The big mammals are neat. Lions are possibly the most overrated creature on earth. Yeah, they can be pretty, but they sleep 22 hours per day and despite their reputation as “the king of the jungle” they’re boring AF. And not good hunters, in the area I lived in they killed only 35 percent of what they eat; the rest is stolen or scavenged. They just use their size to bully other animals. Elephants are underrated, in my opinion. They’re so intelligent and soulful just looking a wild one in the eye is an experience you don’t forget. Primates are assholes. Live with them for a while and you learn to hate them. loving baboons stole my avocados and poo poo on my floor so many times.

Don’t miss out on the small things though. Mongooses are ridiculously social and fun to watch. Bat eared foxes are adorable. Genet cats are gorgeous. Hyenas are ludicrously interesting, they’re probably the top predators out there (not scavengers, they kill 95 percent of what they eat). If you end up in the Kenyan side of the Mara, shoot me a PM and I might be able to hook you up with some hyena researchers who can talk your ear off about them.

There’s only a few land borders you’d be allowed/able to cross at. You can’t legally cross anywhere near the Mara/Serengeti. I would much recommend flying between the countries for a smoother experience.

I miss it there so much some days.

St_Ides has a new favorite as of 03:11 on Feb 26, 2023

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Scoff the festune

St_Ides posted:

Shoebills weren’t in my area, they’re closer to lake Victoria. Bee eaters and sunbirds are cool too. There’s a lot of interesting birds there. Vultures are massively on the decline, so see them while you can. The big mammals are neat. Lions are possibly the most overrated creature on earth. Yeah, they can be pretty, but they sleep 22 hours per day and despite their reputation as “the king of the jungle” they’re boring AF. And not good hunters, in the area I lived in they killed only 35 percent of what they eat; the rest is stolen or scavenged. They just use their size to bully other animals. Elephants are underrated, in my opinion. They’re so intelligent and soulful just looking a wild one in the eye is an experience you don’t forget. Primates are assholes. Live with them for a while and you learn to hate them. loving baboons stole my avocados and poo poo on my floor so many times.

Don’t miss out on the small things though. Mongooses are ridiculously social and fun to watch. Bat eared foxes are adorable. Genet cats are gorgeous. Hyenas are ludicrously interesting, they’re probably the top predators out there (not scavengers, they kill 95 percent of what they eat). If you end up in the Kenyan side of the Mara, shoot me a PM and I might be able to hook you up with some hyena researchers who can talk your ear off about them.

There’s only a few land borders you’d be allowed/able to cross at. You can’t legally cross anywhere near the Mara/Serengeti. I would much recommend flying between the countries for a smoother experience.

I miss it there so much some days.

Rad, thanks for the info. I thought as much about the border crossing, its almost always a pain anywhere in the world. I thought there might be an easier path around the game park just due to tourism but, alas. Hyenas own, and if I do end up in Kenya I will def hit you up. We're gonna be the weird guys out there I think, since we're going to be mostly bird focused and I get the impression most people are more excited about cats than flycatchers and weavers. Sucks about the vultures, their decline is the reason my buddy wants to do this book. He's also trying to get a story published about poachers delibrately poisoning carcasses to kill vultures. So lovely.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Awesome

Who, what, why, how, how much?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Looks like an Acty

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

He's also trying to get a story published about poachers delibrately poisoning carcasses to kill vultures. So lovely.

The poisonings are mostly revenge killings for wildlife taking livestock. Vultures are just getting caught in the crossfire.

I did know someone who was heavily involved with birds in the Mara. He is a researcher on Martial Eagles, but is more familiar with birds than anyone else I've met and I remember him talking about vultures a lot.

I could tell you more, but we should probably talk the conversation to PMs and stop the derail.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Someone on my side of town has a Subaru Sambar and I am green with jealous rage every time I see him pull up.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Bottom Liner posted:

The description says it does, but I doubt you can really blow dry your rear end in a reasonable amount of time.

Looking at the amazon page I did see that there is also a defecate button that is supposed to send a highly concentrated stream of water up your butthole to make you poo poo which is hilarious.

I really want a bidet, but cold.water is
.. Cold. Especially in winter in my climate.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

namlosh posted:

Awesome

Who, what, why, how, how much?

Me, Honda Acty, for utility, at a dealer, $8500 US

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Me, Honda Acty, for utility, at a dealer, $8500 US

Thx! Knowing nothing about these, I have some more:

Year? Diesel? Miles? Tilt bed? A/C? 5-spd? Airbags?

Finally, where do you park it so that I may come and …. Uhhhh… make sure it’s safe and doesn’t get stolen by jealous people :)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Mark me as another one jealous of that Kei truck. I want one so bad, there's a few I see driving around my town, and one guy just sort of a half mile around the block from me has one I see parked in his driveway pretty often, I'm not sure it runs...maybe I should just make an offer on it out of the blue,

But the prices on them, ugh. I get they have to be imported from Japan, but they're also at least (if not over) 25 years old! I shouldn't have to pay the same amount as a 10-15 year old full sized US truck.

Edit: For context:

New sunglasses.

Oh, and also plane tickets to Honolulu and back. First time going to Hawaii, in fact, first time going anywhere in/around the Pacific. Never been further west than Vegas, other than changing flights once in LA, but never left the airport.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 15:23 on Feb 27, 2023

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

KingColliwog posted:

I really want a bidet, but cold.water is
.. Cold. Especially in winter in my climate.

This is true in winter, but at least around here during the summer, it's a blessing in disguise.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

namlosh posted:

Thx! Knowing nothing about these, I have some more:

Year? Diesel? Miles? Tilt bed? A/C? 5-spd? Airbags?

Finally, where do you park it so that I may come and …. Uhhhh… make sure it’s safe and doesn’t get stolen by jealous people :)

It’s a ‘95 with a 3-cylinder. And 79k km or roughly 49k miles.

Pretty much all of them you will find are gasoline, with 660cc engines of varying configurations. Some are in the back, some in between the seats. Some are 3-cylinders, some 4.

It doesn’t have a tilt bed but the bed sides do fold down for super easy loading.

AC is also hard to find, as these are work vehicles with pretty low horsepower engines. Mine is 38hp for example.

No airbags. It’s VERY basic.

This is the interior:

And with a Honda Express moped in the bed:

It was more expensive than an old beat to poo poo F150, but not really that expensive when I consider the fact that they fit ANYWHERE, and in my state I don’t have to register after the initial paperwork or inspect it annually.

I park it in my driveway! Or rather next to my driveway on the gravel pad adjoining my detached garage. But I could park it in my coat pocket if I wanted to.

It’s imported from Japan, yes, so it has to be 25+ years old per federal import regulations. It’s worth the looks and smiles I get from other drivers and pedestrians for sure.

Imperador do Brasil has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Feb 28, 2023

iCaPpY
Sep 18, 2007

WHERE'S
MY
CHIPPY??

Pretty much all of them you will find are gasoline, with 660cc engines of varying configurations. Some are in the back, some in between the seats. Some are 3-cylinders, some 4.

It doesn’t have a tilt bed but the bed sides do fold down for super easy loading.

AC is also hard to find, as these are work vehicles with pretty low horsepower engines. Mine is 38hp for example.

This is the interior:

Wit was more expensive than an old beat to poo poo F150, but not really that expensive when I consider the fact that they fit ANYWHERE, and in my state I don’t have to register after the initial paperwork or inspect it annually. I park it in my driveway!

It’s imported from Japan, yes, so it has to be 25+ years old per federal import regulations. It’s worth the looks and smiles I get from other drivers and pedestrians for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DonZIMcSLCg

K Trucks Rule

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010
Thread in AI about importing cars from Japan

If someone wants a Kei truck - it's doable :)

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

This is the interior:

It was more expensive than an old beat to poo poo F150, but not really that expensive when I consider the fact that they fit ANYWHERE, and in my state I don’t have to register after the initial paperwork or inspect it annually.

I park it in my driveway! Or rather next to my driveway on the gravel pad adjoining my detached garage. But I could park it in my coat pocket if I wanted to.

I gave a semi-running Honda Express just like that to some random goon in Houston a good 20 years ago :)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

New (to me) washer & dryer to replace the 16 year-old ones that died about a month ago.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Android Apocalypse posted:

New (to me) washer & dryer to replace the 16 year-old ones that died about a month ago.

Everything under B's regime is made-to-break junk OP. I hope you get a year out of them OP.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

A bunch of stuff for a 5 year old's birthday party including a science demonstration and a bunch of pizza. It was a lot of fun but I'm SO drat TIRED.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

nom epique posted:

Everything under B's regime is made-to-break junk OP. I hope you get a year out of them OP.

Who's B? Anyway Samsung washing machines are really good. Mine's out of warranty now (since I bought it over ten years ago and it came with a ten-year warranty) so maybe it'll explode one day but who knows.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Samsung washing machine a decade ago may have been good. I know their fridges have at least one massive class action lawsuit against them for just the most poo poo rear end ice maker you've ever encountered. No idea what the mashing machine situation is these days, but I'd imagine it isn't great.

I have an acquaintance that works in warranty claim management in corporate for a major big box retailer of appliances in the US. I was chatting him up regarding the state of appliances as I was in the market for a new refrigerator at the time and he shared the following info:

Most fridges have a "hit rate" of needing warranty work (manufacturer or extended via the store) of something like 3-5%. Samsung (fridges specifically) had something like 60%. So over half of the units sold were having things go wrong within the first 3 years or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Who's B? Anyway Samsung washing machines are really good. Mine's out of warranty now (since I bought it over ten years ago and it came with a ten-year warranty) so maybe it'll explode one day but who knows.

Just ignore him he's so permanently damaged he was only able to post in a single thread created for him for several months. The mods let him out of his personal prison and He's been testing his ability to troll again without getting another probation.

Edit: he's sort of a GBS village idiot basically.

Wendigee has a new favorite as of 07:13 on Mar 5, 2023