Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

YOOOOOOO is that international version the directors cut? Because I’m all in (well I’m all in regardless, but still).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

and Severin announced a May release I'm interested in too

Danza Macabra volume 1: The Italian Gothic Collection (The Monster of the Opera, The 7th Grave, Scream of the Demon Lover and Lady Frankenstein)

And we still have Arrow announcements leaking tonight/going on sale tomorrow :rubby: gently caress me up fam

Here we go, Arrow announcements for May:

Blackhat :woop: I was right about that one. Full details will be in the morning/~10 hours from now but yeah, international version is probably the director's cut that only ever got screened once

Hand of Death

The Last Starfighter

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Hell yeah! I’ve been wanting to watch Blackhat and Miami Vice because those are a couple of my Mann blind spots. Fear and Loathing is dope as well!

Chris James 2 posted:

Everyone else has guessed that it's H for Highway or Hitcher, so I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark and guess it's Michael Mann's Blackhat

caligulamprey posted:

Better have the director's cut! :argh:

Good calls, folks!

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

Blackhat :woop: I was right about that one. Full details will be in the morning/~10 hours from now but yeah, international version is probably the director's cut that only ever got screened once

Hopefully, but it might just be "In the European version of the film, the description of Lozano and his affiliation with the "Los Zapotecas" gang at approx. 26 minutes into the film is shortened." (IMDB)

I have an old European BD of Blackhat, and it is not the director's cut.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chris James 2 posted:

The Last Starfighter

Oh hell yes! Now do Dragon Slayer!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Are arrow releases outside the US region for players? I just have a Sony player and I'm starting to feel left out by these awesome announcements (and covers).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Are arrow releases outside the US region for players? I just have a Sony player and I'm starting to feel left out by these awesome announcements (and covers).

Arrow's a British company that alternates releases in the UK, US, Ireland and Canada. They'll typically specify on their official announcement day (in this case in an hour or two) on their social media what releases will be where; since this stuff leaked this stuff will definitely be available in at least the US

For an example of what I'm talking about with the specifications, this was what their February releases announcement looked like. The US got Shanghai Express, Millionaires' Express, Giallo Essentials White Edition, The Vagrant and .Com for Murder. Canada got all that except for Millionaires' Express. The UK and Ireland got the Giallo set, .Com for Murder, The Sisters Brothers (regular and in 4K), and the Last Emperor (regular and in a special limited edition boxset with a bunch of stuff including a book, lobby cards)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dragonslayer-4K-Blu-ray/328395/

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dragonslayer-4K-Blu-ray/328395/

poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:yeshaha:

Now all I need is Enemy Mine, and all my childhood UHF station staples will be in glorious 4k

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

when do those arrow releases go on sale?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

abelwingnut posted:

when do those arrow releases go on sale?

Blackhat and Last Starfighter and Fear and Loathing are their May releases. I'll be Day 1'ing Blackhat and Fear and Loathing.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oh, they're not even going up for pre-order until may?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Oh! That all depends. Amazon will probably have them up within the week or two, same w/ Arrow. Best Buy takes a little longer.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They're up for preorder now, announcements are being made on social media https://www.arrowvideo.com/shop.list?pageNumber=1&sortOrder=releaseDate

Seems like Fear and Loathing is UK (but still being 4K you'll be good to play it, just have to find somewhere that delivers internationally)

Blackhat is everywhere, Hand of Death and Last Starfighter are US/Canada, and UK also gets The Beta Test

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Criterion owns the rights to fear and loathing, there's 0 chance they won't release this in the US.
I refuse to import region locked blu-rays :colbert:

Same goes for TCM, dark sky/mpi standard edition when it hits the 20-25 range, great. Second sight, 50+ and a bunch of region locked discs, nahhhhhh.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

zer0spunk posted:

Criterion owns the rights to fear and loathing, there's 0 chance they won't release this in the US.
I refuse to import region locked blu-rays :colbert:

Same goes for TCM, dark sky/mpi standard edition when it hits the 20-25 range, great. Second sight, 50+ and a bunch of region locked discs, nahhhhhh.

Yeah I'm hoping Arrow announcing Fear and Loathing will get Criterion to put it out in 4k in the States.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That Blackhat boxart really makes me want to read the non-existant graphic novel.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

They're up for preorder now, announcements are being made on social media https://www.arrowvideo.com/shop.list?pageNumber=1&sortOrder=releaseDate

Seems like Fear and Loathing is UK (but still being 4K you'll be good to play it, just have to find somewhere that delivers internationally)

Blackhat is everywhere, Hand of Death and Last Starfighter are US/Canada, and UK also gets The Beta Test

quote:

It's been confirmed by an Arrow employee that the Director's Cut of Blackhat won't be included due to rights issues.

boooooooooooooooo!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Rip pass

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Doesn't change much for me, I still need to have every Mann UHD I can possibly get my hands on.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Youre such a mannhandler

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just got the Get Carter 4K from BFI, the transfer is really good. I've been buying lots of BFI disks lately, I was in their Southbank shop a few times over the last few weeks. They had the Werner Herzog box set for £40, a fair bit cheaper than Amazon.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dentist toy box posted:

The cowards just need to release a 4K of The Lighthouse.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

I would be cooler with a standard 20-dollar version than the dvd case sized $50 a24 store version but sure, might as well put it next to TLBMISF

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Fuuuuuuuck yeah. :swoon:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Just found this at Goodwill like an hour ago and I'm still excited. :sotw:

I'm going to watch them all this weekend on my CRT TV at like 1 A.M. like God intended.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Finally a chance to see that kid dunked into the trashcan in 4K

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

caligulamprey posted:

Am I the meanest?

Sho'nuff!

Am I the prettiest?

Sho'nuff!

Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?

Sho'nuff!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

My Training Day UHD is out for delivery, gently caress yeah.

Also, it sounds like Blackhat will NOT have the directors cut :(

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
God I can't wait for lighthouse 4k

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

worms butthole guy posted:

God I can't wait for lighthouse 4k

yep that's an instant purchase. not thinking twice about it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

caligulamprey posted:

One of the great films! Doesn't get much better.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1629856060822487040

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

/https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1629858425734672384?s=46&t=Z61125lmWDtbMYZ3ZN_K8w

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Haunting isn't a great film but drat does it look good.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think even as a kid I didn't think The Haunting was a "good" movie, but damned if I didn't want to see it twice in the theaters just for some of those effects and the spooky atmosphere. That, and the late 90s were pretty starved for horror in general.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Oh hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well now I’m real glad I didn’t jump to the Shout! disc from my weird Korean Blu-ray.