Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

doverhog posted:

The surrender to Russian aggression would be a worse move.

A negotiated peace is not a surrender. And I don’t think the war dragging on until the West decides to cut back on arm shipments and then Ukraine has to come to a negotiated settlement anyway is a superior option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
That is why the west cannot stop the support until Russia loses, their back breaks, Putin tries to do another conscription and fails, because the Russian people have had enough of his tyranny.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

doverhog posted:

If someone thinks they can start wars, do war crimes, systematically rape civilians, bomb hospitals, power plants, they are not a power that can be or should be reasoned with.

They must be beaten.

That is an insane thing to believe. Most wars end with some kind of negotiated settlement.

doverhog posted:

That is why the west cannot stop the support until Russia loses, their back breaks, Putin tries to do another conscription and fails, because the Russian people have had enough of his tyranny.

But what if the Ukrainian army can’t beat the Russian army? What if it continues on as a brutal grinding stalemate where both sides just trade cities back and forth indefinitely? It seems like the “no peace but one built on Russian defeat” crew hasn’t considered that possibility.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Why would Ukraine do a negotiated settlement when Putin has repeatedly gone back on his word, refused to be talked down, I mean, Jesus, they tried doing talks and Russia poisoned the Ukrainian diplomats

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Gripweed posted:

That is an insane thing to believe. Most wars end with some kind of negotiated settlement.

The war against Hitler ended with him dead and the Nuremberg trials.

Gripweed posted:

But what if the Ukrainian army can’t beat the Russian army? What if it continues on as a brutal grinding stalemate where both sides just trade cities back and forth indefinitely? It seems like the “no peace but one built on Russian defeat” crew hasn’t considered that possibility.

If there is any result other than Russian defeat, Russia will attack again in a few years. It's what they did before, starting with Crimea. So Russia must be beaten now, or they will start the war again.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

This just isn’t true. Most wars end with the winners dictating the terms to the losers.

You’re carrying water for an authoritarian dictatorship bent on empire building and pretending you have the best interest of the Ukrainians in mind. It’s bullshit, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gripweed posted:

The refusal to consider a negotiated settlement to the Russo-Ukrainian war is going to be looked back on as a really bad move.

Wow unpopular doesnt mean plain wrong. (Unless you're Russian or Chinese.)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If I was Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, I would simply sign a negotiated peace acknowledging that Lugansk, Donyetsk, and Crimea are parts of the sovereign country known as "Ukraine" that I was forced to invade but what do I know, I'm just an idiot nazi westerner wishing my dead russian friends were still alive instead of dead in Vova's war

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope Putin and Kirill enjoy burning in hell for eternity.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People have been allowed to post on these forums AFTER IT HAS BEEN EXPLICITLY FORBIDDEN in those threads to do so: "Ukraine should lose the war". The threads should be closed, the posters permabanned, and the IKs and/or moderators who allowed this after reports should also be permabanned.

e: oh lmao they just closed down the only sane thread about the current genocide. if Hitler were alive today, SA moderation would be on the wrong side of history and be smug about it.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 01:42 on Feb 26, 2023

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
this discussion is absolute dog poo poo but they took my buttons away so I can't actually stop it, so let's loving go

doverhog posted:

If someone thinks they can start wars, do war crimes, systematically rape civilians, bomb hospitals, power plants, they are not a power that can be or should be reasoned with.

They must be beaten.

It's true, america should be destroyed immediately!

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

3D Megadoodoo posted:

People have been allowed to post on these forums AFTER IT HAS BEEN EXPLICITLY FORBIDDEN in those threads to do so: "Ukraine should lose the war". The threads should be closed, the posters permabanned, and the IKs and/or moderators who allowed this after reports should also be permabanned.

e: oh lmao they just closed down the only sane thread about the current genocide. if Hitler were alive today, SA moderation would be on the wrong side of history and be smug about it.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

PHUO: Lot of opinions about Ukraine from countries that haven't given poo poo to the cause

Pony up, you broke euro bums

Get a job and give some AA ordinance already

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Orby dorby we have-a money for free healthcare but not-a gonna contribute to the fighty so we-a de facto support Putin bershy bershy

Broke rear end muppet fucks

Ridiculous

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manager Hoyden posted:

PHUO: Lot of opinions about Ukraine from countries that haven't given poo poo to the cause

Pony up, you broke euro bums

Get a job and give some AA ordinance already

lol now this is a fuckin take

Those lazy dipshit euros should absolutely funnel huge amounts of ordinance completely at random to an unstable mess on their doorstep, there is no reason this could come back at them,

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

What disturbs me about Ukraine is not so much Russia's viciousness but the way that many in the West seem to care less about Ukraine than proxy war with Putin.

Given the West's eagerness to play international cop and meddle in other countries' affairs to bad ends (cough...Iraq, Afghanistan) I can hardly blame Euro countries for not wanting to get involved.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

some plague rats posted:

this discussion is absolute dog poo poo but they took my buttons away so I can't actually stop it, so let's loving go

Did they take your buttons because you support domestic violence?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Atticus_1354 posted:

Did they take your buttons because you support domestic violence?

surprisingly, no! the admins are actually fine with my honest support for domestic violence, and encourage me to be more vocal about it. It was something else.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
You know those made up alien languages for sci-if shows that are just English but with the words replaced by made up words? Dutch sounds like one of those. It doesn’t sound like a real different language. Like you could go to the Netherlands Wikia and start memorizing the Dutch versions of real words and pretty quickly you’d know what Dutch people are saying in movies and TV shows.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Please do not turn this thread into a war discussion thread :pray:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The '90s weren't all that great; we're just nostalgic because most of us are '90s kids and people generally look back with fondness on the decade when they grew up. Let's face it: the '90s kinda blew.

e: Cats also suck. Dogs are loyal. Cats don't give a poo poo about you; to them, you're just a servant that brings food.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Feb 27, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Please do not turn this thread into a war discussion thread :pray:

Off topic: that cat is adorable.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

e: Cats also suck. Dogs are loyal. Cats don't give a poo poo about you; to them, you're just a servant that brings food.

Alternatively, cats love you and miss you when you're gone and demand to know where you are and when you're getting back.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wow unpopular doesnt mean plain wrong. (Unless you're Russian or Chinese.)

is there a way to interpret this without it being incredibly racist

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Are Dogs and Cats on TikTok Really “Talking” with Buttons?

Rebecca Watson posted:

Alex [the African grey parrot], by the way, once looked into a mirror and asked his trainer “what color?” which is how he learned the color “grey.” To date, that is the one and only example scientists have of any non-human animal EVER asking a question. Ever.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7wFotDKEF4

Koko couldn't talk. Animals aren't like people.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

quote:

Rebecca is a writer, speaker, YouTube personality, and unrepentant science nerd. In addition to founding and continuing to run Skepchick, she hosts Quiz-o-Tron, a monthly science-themed quiz show and podcast that pits comedians against nerds. There is an asteroid named in her honor.

:lol:

This non-expert is too loving stupid to make the leap from 'human intended to teach stranger = strange person' but the dog is using it as 'stranger = strange thing' and the rest of the article is just your normal baseless contentless clickbait .

I'll believe my lying eyes instead.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Dogs and cats can't use language. They can still like people and miss them

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

If someone doesn't like dogs and cats they are 100% definitely something described as "severe to profound" out of the dsm v

Seriously I would want someone who dislikes any pet animal to be driven from any neighborhood in which my family lives

I would, in all sincerity, refuse to hire someone with that mental illness. Or strong indicator of mental illness anyway

People like that have no place in the communities of real human beings sorry

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I basically regard other people's dogs and cats the way people speak about others children. I'll pet your dog, ill take it for a walk but I don't want to own a creature who needs me to take care of its poop or who requires me stopping what I'm doing to facilitate its well being. Yes. I am very selfish, thanks for asking

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Captain America is such a tankie.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I am thinking of getting a cat but I need to make sure I'm prepared to dedicate the next fourteenish years to servitude.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

Captain America is such a tankie.

Controversy erupts for the Avengers when the recently-defrosted Cap is seen cheering after hearing of Russian advances towards Kiev

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

There was some complete waste of human life on these very forums who claimed that animals were little automatons no different than furniture or rocks

I still think about that line and wonder if that guy has worn human skin yet or if they'll just keep abusing animals to get a boner

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Manager Hoyden posted:

There was some complete waste of human life on these very forums who claimed that animals were little automatons no different than furniture or rocks

I still think about that line and wonder if that guy has worn human skin yet or if they'll just keep abusing animals to get a boner

Voltaire had a similar idea about animals and the illusion of life.

Seriously gently caress Voltaire.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

doverhog posted:

They must be beaten.

This must apply equally to the UK and the US.

When is the US going to pay reparations to Iran?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

HazCat posted:

:lol:

This non-expert is too loving stupid to make the leap from 'human intended to teach stranger = strange person' but the dog is using it as 'stranger = strange thing' and the rest of the article is just your normal baseless contentless clickbait .

I'll believe my lying eyes instead.

Nah she’s right your pets aren’t using buttons to talk to you.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

some plague rats posted:

lol now this is a fuckin take

Those lazy dipshit euros should absolutely funnel huge amounts of ordinance completely at random to an unstable mess on their doorstep, there is no reason this could come back at them,

yes, they should even arm and train the brave mujahideen fighters imo :v:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Yeah Kant believing humans were better than animals put me off the guy tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Manager Hoyden posted:

Still here pal