Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 3/26/50

Lana 8/22-24/46

Referring to actors Hedy Lamarr and Lana Turner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Hostile V posted:

"Open The Bloodgates." "Yes Sir!"

Did we ever see an explanation for why the guy is also wearing a turtle shell? At least a panel that shows him buying one?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

This would be a great joke in a better comic

Selachian posted:

Pogo 3/26/50

Reference!

Selachian posted:

Referring to actors Hedy Lamarr and Lana Turner.

That's Hedley!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mercury Hat posted:

:goofy: I'm gonna guess this storyline doesn't end with the teacher getting fed into a wood chipper.
Yeah I'm not liking the direction that MW story is taking. I sure hope it doesn't turn out they think this is OK.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Finally, I've caught up on this thread! I fell like fifteen pages behind and it's so tough to get back to the current stuff...anyway!

Oh no, my mind immediately went to "the turtles are going to accuse these two of cultural appropriation" or something similar. I really hope that's not where this is going.

HEY I work at a shop specializing in board game and tabletop games and there are plenty of exciting board games and furthermore,

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

"Kinging it?"

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

It’s a bit been-there-done-that now, but this chapter (and the next one I’ll share, which is also pandemic-centered) was first published in late 2020, very much at the height of things.

Cthulhu and Girl

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Giant Ethicist posted:

Cthulhu and Girl

That last panel would make a great avatar

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Shall we show them the Power of the Gods? in color=yellow or color=aqua depending on your elder god team affiliation.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Giant Ethicist posted:

Cthulhu and Girl

I loving love this comic. :allears:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"You have low standards. I like that in a woman."

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver 10: Boys Like Fun Part 2

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Dean Thompson isn’t just a man of letters, he’s a man of combat, as we see here. Not an effective one, but spirited nontheless.

The_Other fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 5, 2023

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
It's A Sketchy Life for February 24, 1927, and our cover art this week is a Robert Dickey dog! We haven't had many of those for awhile.

Two entries from Marge:

Frederick Strothmann:

Don Herold:

Russell Patterson:

Ellison Hoover:

Al Frueh:

And another absentee signature:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

MY ACCOUNTANT HANDLES THAT!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

https://twitter.com/paetonmathes/status/851589884716490752

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

Fool! You NEVER order a small from the internet

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

ah, the AliExpress experience

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Scott Adams says his syndicate cancelled him

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1629984186013720577?s=20

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Good.

Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Mar 12, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes ()

Big Nate

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Scott Adams also said he got "cancelled from 77 papers" when a licenser cut all of it comics, so I'd wait to hear it from the syndicate themselves, who are currently stalling for time (but sure sound like they're gonna do it.)

https://twitter.com/AndrewsMcMeel/status/1629942461392097280

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

to me the real question is why this didn't happen years ago, he's been vile for half a decade at least

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
All he had to do was shut the gently caress up and he could have made comics until the day he died and been remembered with the same fondness as people will remember Jim Davis.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vargo posted:

Scott Adams also said he got "cancelled from 77 papers" when a licenser cut all of it comics, so I'd wait to hear it from the syndicate themselves, who are currently stalling for time (but sure sound like they're gonna do it.)

Confirmed.
https://twitter.com/AndrewsMcMeel/status/1630040035390021632?s=20

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

kidcoelacanth posted:

to me the real question is why this didn't happen years ago, he's been vile for half a decade at least
There are legit so many people asleep at the switch when it comes to newspaper content because lmao newspapers and nothing is generally happening and they're not getting any specific feedback from readers about stuff they can actually do anything about. Like it's newspapers, they're slowly dying but also nothing broadly bad is happening in them and because the readership is diminishing they don't get the same breed of people who are willing to complain and call things out anymore so they don't need to necessarily perform the quality control they should, y'know? Now, that said, this means that the moment that anything actionable happens and more than 2 people complain about it they will wake the gently caress up and try to solve the problem. 9 Chickweed needed the use of a slur for them to hit that bastard with a hammer but in the case of Mark Trail it took Vargo having specific types of Twitter followers in newspapers who realized "it's bad Jamesallen is sexually harassing a politician on Twitter". Adams has sucked a ton of rear end for a long time but he's basically just told on himself hard enough that you don't need any quality control or warning systems to know he has to be shot out of cannon into the sun.

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 27, 2023

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Vargo posted:

And there you are. Dilbert has disappeared completely from GoComics.

He's still self-hosting his output, though, which makes me a little scared that we're about to get a "FINALLY, NO FILTER!" version.

(e: because drat this poo poo is moving fast)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

EasyEW posted:

And there you are. Dilbert has disappeared completely from GoComics.

He's still self-hosting his output, though, which makes me a little scared that we're about to get a "FINALLY, NO FILTER!" version.

(e: because drat this poo poo is moving fast)

scott adams gonna go full sinfest on us

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Haha, get hosed, Scott

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
He's been actively trying for this for years, hope the right-wing twitter clout was worth it you loving weirdo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i'm glad.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
My life has become very very busy over the past few years but I just wanted to pop in here and celebrate never having to see Dilbert again with everyone.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

catlord posted:

Haha, get hosed, Scott

:hai:

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

How Wonderful! posted:

My life has become very very busy over the past few years but I just wanted to pop in here and celebrate never having to see Dilbert again with everyone.
A joyous day and a blessed one for all of us.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

dismas posted:

Walt Duncan understands the role of taxation and explains it to his son. A Good Comic

God, can you imagine the Dustin version of this?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Get hosed Scott Adams

Imagine going back in time to the 90s at the peak of popularity and explaining how all of this happened

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

readingatwork posted:

All he had to do was shut the gently caress up and he could have made comics until the day he died and been remembered with the same fondness as people will remember Jim Davis.
He probably could have stopped making new comics and just reran his poo poo indefinitely and continued to make a fortune.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yes, but your average newspaper reader didn't know that.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Oh, he'll probably still keep making comics. Just for the Babylon Bee.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

For whatever it was worth - and I've repeated this in this thread a few times - the only Dilbert comics I've seen for most of the past 25-years were in the page-a-day calendar, where this vile stuff seems to be curated out. Not sure how much of it leaked into the papers...so maybe that's part of the reason it hung on as long as it did.

I remember when Johnny Hart was also funny, back in the 70s. Then he went down the born-again rabbit hole. Sad.

Well, gently caress 'em.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Dilbert was still in the San Jose Murky News as of this morning, but if even his syndicate dropped him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics, mind the tilt.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

Arcamax hasn't uploaded Sunday's Lockhorns yet.

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights