Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

New Halo Infinite update confirmed to contain Xbox fridge for hot balls in face action. Year of the fridge continues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3K-SCCkWBQ

3 new maps from 343 that all look rad, new equipment and weapon and game mode, and 4 forge maps being added to the community playlist. Not a fan of the bedroom one personally but the other three are awesome and showcase just how much of an amazing job 343 has done with forge mode. Also someone was asking about leaks before so starting with forge mode there's been leaks showing more environments which will be added to the game, one similar to Halo Reach, another is glacier or something so presumably snowy and there's a couple more beyond that. There's going to be a lot of variety and here's some footage of AI being integrated into forge mode after all these years which is a huge deal since that's infinite PvP and PvE content. People will be able to make their own firefight maps and modes and singleplayer levels etc. which will be awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0_ked-Xcd8

Apparently there's a Blood Gulch remake being worked on and also a remake of Avalanche from Halo 3 is in early development if anyone is curious to see very early progress footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTvv6ITRzGQ

More leaks that haven't been taken down are these maps below. Noteworthy stuff is the Rockridge map featuring a new vehicle (a tank that shoots flames) and the Crystal Caves map being set where the stuff for the Needler is mined, with formations that can be destroyed to blow up people nearby and apparently they also release some seekers as well? Pretty cool. All the maps look awesome and combined with the new season and everything else (other new weapons we've seen in action and apparently some existing maps are getting some tweaks/updates too) 343 is really getting rolling with a lot of content for this game now and it all looks great imo. Hyped as heck to play all this content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbbgnIshPi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YicIhJW0UJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5QELJ_l8EA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmirMjXqk3A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

How are they still putting out content when the team behind it was put on ice?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

1glitch0 posted:

Stuff on my boat keeps sparking and that circuit breaker or whatever keeps popping out and I don't know how to make it stop so my boat sputters out every few seconds.

Here's some tips:

- There are repair kits (boxes with blue light) you can pick up along the way that you hold near sparks/smoke to auto-repair broken stuff.
- You've got to use the hose on the thermometer above the furnace before it overheats too (keep the furnace level just below the blue level also helps).
- Jumping on the bellows too quickly will stop them working so just hop off them and they should reset.
- Pulling the sail in when going past buildings will stop it from smashing on them.
- When you come up to a buoy, stop your boat and dive underwater, following the chain to find a treasure chest which you can hook with the crane on the back of your boat for extra scrap.

It's a bit convoluted but eventually you get the hang of it.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

New Halo Infinite update confirmed to contain Xbox fridge for hot balls in face action. Year of the fridge continues.

Good post, thank you.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Series X active. Thank you, the Verizon Wireless store in Northgate Mall.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

How are they still putting out content when the team behind it was put on ice?

I think the cuts were to the single player campaign team. All the multiplayer team is still there iirc.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

The cuts to 343 weren't even very big and basically in-line with usual industry layoffs (which aren't a good thing, but are sadly very common). 343 is a huge studio, they would have had to layoff a lot more staff for any team there to be put on ice. People wanted to make a big fuss because it's 343 but tech companies were going on massive hiring sprees during Covid and since then we've seen many of them trimming those excess hires. It's not some "What the gently caress is happening?!" type deal like when 75% of Naughty Dog quit and the studio became notorious for how toxic it is. 343's a solid studio that performs really well, any significant layoffs or similar would be madness.

In other news the next Forza Horizon expansion drops next month and looks fun as usual. I wonder if we'll see Fable at the Xbox showcase this year? I don't think we'll get another Horizon game for a while since Motorsport is coming and Playground will have to shift to the new engine for future Horizon titles iirc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajFf2RaiZu4

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

W spotted. Enjoy gamer.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I used to live in bothell and frequented that mall. That’s where I got my ps2.

Good call friend.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I still don’t know why Verizon would be selling Xboxes in the first place

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hatty posted:

They do have home internet services.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Still I’d think they’d only be selling the all access versions

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Being not American I have to assume Verizon is some sort of Gaming giant who is revered like a god amongst the people. It also sounds like a Pokémon

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Being not American I have to assume Verizon is some sort of Gaming giant who is revered like a god amongst the people. It also sounds like a Pokémon

It's a phone store.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Sounds cool.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

PS Plus had an "update your membership to our attempt at Game Pass Ultimate for free" promo as part of the, uh, Festival of Play, but stacking above a year before the conversion would make the checkout fail. Xbox stays winning

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

3 new maps from 343 that all look rad
There'll apparently also be a "bonus" Forge map by 343 that'll land mid-season: a remake of Plaza from Halo 5.

SUNKOS posted:

Not a fan of the bedroom one personally
Good news(?), that one apparently won't be in the matchmaking playlist, it was just shown in the trailer because it looks cool I guess.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

hatty posted:

The phone companies in Australia do it too but it's that xbox all access only model and you need to have a phone service with them too

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Halo is back baby

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

🫡🫡🫡🫡

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Ruffian Price posted:

PS Plus had an "update your membership to our attempt at Game Pass Ultimate for free" promo as part of the, uh, Festival of Play, but stacking above a year before the conversion would make the checkout fail. Xbox stays winning

More like PS Minus

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hatty posted:

They are talking a big game about upgrading to a gamers internet package in their ads and sell a bunch of gamer poo poo including ps5 controllers and stuff on their online store that you can have added onto your bill if you want.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Nothing says 'gamer' like a payment plan for a controller

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The Illusive Man posted:

Nothing says 'gamer' like a payment plan for a controller

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I think I've been playing too much Age2. I literally had a dream about it last night. Guy just completely demolished me, he had like 6 castles and surrounded my base with them and walls and town centers by the time I barely hit castle age. Obviously impossible but hey, dream logic.

Anyway back into the queue.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/xboxp3/status/1629932581276745734?s=46&t=hmn0UJUAVVzG_g7yljyFQQ

:worship:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

This guy fucks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
phil spencer is a big lost odyssey fan. he is epic and i feel like developing an unhealthy parasocial relationship with him

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
No Tim Sweeny is epic

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I keep trying to buy a series X from target and their web site is hosed up and won't let me check out. Fail.

Just buy it from the ms store online. You can use xbox gift cards, so i cashed in my ms rewards points for 300 dollars in gift cards and then bought 200 in gift cards from costco for 180. With tax and shipping, i spent 230 on a brand new series x that was shipped and received in 2 days.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

ColdPie posted:

I think I've been playing too much Age2. I literally had a dream about it last night. Guy just completely demolished me, he had like 6 castles and surrounded my base with them and walls and town centers by the time I barely hit castle age. Obviously impossible but hey, dream logic.

gently caress me that’s frightening

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Huh, a robot quoting me a Baudelaire poem. This game is wild.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

the rat fandom posted:

Just buy it from the ms store online. You can use xbox gift cards, so i cashed in my ms rewards points for 300 dollars in gift cards and then bought 200 in gift cards from costco for 180. With tax and shipping, i spent 230 on a brand new series x that was shipped and received in 2 days.

God drat that's a lot of mindshare.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

it doesn't look like the gamepass monthly rewards are coming back :argh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

King Phil

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

the rat fandom posted:

Out of stock currently

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

ColdPie posted:

Obviously impossible but this does still kinda sound like what it feels like whenever I try and play Age2 against other humans.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Haha, yeah. Whenever I get curb stomped, I save the replay and go look at what they do differently than me. I found I needed to focus a lot more on wood gathering that way, and that others tend to build a lot more resource gathering buildings than I do. Making those changes helped, though I still am not great, hovering in the Elo 1100-1200 space.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Went to install Age of Empires to try it out, saw it's 30 GB. :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
It's worth it.